• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bernier on a conditioning stint with the Marlies
IVJvalZ.gif

Red_Man

Lines today in practice....

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Weise
Eller-Galchenyuk-Andrighetto
Fleischmann-Plekanec-Byron
DSP-Flynn-Thomas

1d2.jpeg

Pleks goes from the first line at a PPG pace to the third line. Hilarious.

Also Bournival is on waivers today, wouldn't be surprised to see him claimed, he's a great player.

Need to get a new vehicle. Cost of repairs on my current car are more than what the car is worth.

Lease or buy? Currently a college student with low income. Between fiancee and myself, we can squeeze out about $400 more total, between the actual payments and presumed insurance hike.

Talked to a family friend who owns a car dealership and he heavily pushed me toward leasing. It sounds good but I'm apprehensive about pretty much anything related to this.

Delryk

Need to get a new vehicle. Cost of repairs on my current car are more than what the car is worth.

Lease or buy? Currently a college student with low income. Between fiancee and myself, we can squeeze out about $400 more total, between the actual payments and presumed insurance hike.

Talked to a family friend who owns a car dealership and he heavily pushed me toward leasing. It sounds good but I'm apprehensive about pretty much anything related to this.

Depends where you live. Around my place, you can buy a car with 0% interest on a 5year term.. better to buy than to lease if you can get that

since you're on a limited budget.. you couldget possibly get 0.9% on a 6year term.. that could decrease the payments by 20-30 bucks a month.. and atleast you'd be able to sell the car afterward for a few Ks, which really helps to get a bigger/better car on your next deal... or keep the car for another 3-4 years to save money.

I'm really not a fan of leasing.. paying for something that's not yours really sucks..

Is your situation going to improve in the near future? Might be worth looking at taking over someones lease. Can cut some of the term out that way, anyways.

Quick

Banned
Bernier on a conditioning stint with the Marlies

RG0BS1U.gif

Looks like Mr. Sparkles in net tonight. He's gonna get a real test.

If Deadmonton 1st overall picks couldn't handle Sparks, what chance do the Jets have?

Yeah, Jets are going to be an actual test for him. I don't expect anything spectacular. All we can really hope for is stability while the defence does their job.

That's actually a great thing. He needs to play some games out of the spotlight and find his footing again.

Yep. Bernier's confidence is probably shot. Winless in all of his games and we're already in December. Not a great look for him.

According to Jonas Siegel, Bernier's starting four of the six games during his conditioning stint.

I'm also looking for a new car. I'm set on buying, since I'm also pretty apprehensive about leasing. I'd like full ownership of my car, but I'm certainly looking at all options available.

zroid

Banned
Apparently Bernier had to consent to the conditioning loan so at least he's on board with the decision. Maybe it will help.

or maybe Lou just made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Depends on the deals really. Do you see yourself making more money in 3 years?

Can you lease a car with $0 down completely and a low payment like $150/month? Does it fit in milage wise? (usually 10k/12k miles a year limit).

Buying with not a lot down will jack up that monthly payment.

Sabres-GAF. What are you thinking about the team so far? Ennis and Moulson have seemed really quiet so far this year.

Yawnier

Banned
Wait wait wait

Doesn't this mean waivers?

Button and Ferreroroche were 2000% sure he'd get claimed.

There is no going through waivers in conditioning stints. Frankie Corrado didn't have to go through waivers for his stint with the marlies several weeks back either

Quick

Banned
Apparently Bernier had to consent to the conditioning loan so at least he's on board with the decision. Maybe it will help.

or maybe Lou just made him an offer he couldn't refuse

Bernier and Babcock was the one who talked to him about it, and he agreed. Good on him, really.

End of year specials are actually pretty good on remaining previous model year vehicles.

Depending on what you're looking at, but I believe Volkswagen is throwing incentives to keep people coming to dealerships after their diesel emissions controversy. Honda just released the new Civic, which will mean additional incentives on remaining 2015s. But insurance rates on Civics D:

Delryk

you can get a Ford Focus 2016 with 5years @ 1.5% interest for 335/month.. i'm sure you could get a Focus 2015 (if they have anymore) for 0% interest at around 300/month.
(this is CDN) lol

and insurance on a Focus are dirt cheap

Quick

Banned
you can get a Ford Focus 2016 with 5years @ 1.5% interest for 335/month.. i'm sure you could get a Focus 2015 (if they have anymore) for 0% interest at around 300/month.
(this is CDN) lol

and insurance on a Focus are dirt cheap

I was about to shit on Ford Focus but damn, those 2015-2016 models look dope

I like that the Focus is cheap and looks nice. I'm also looking into Hyundai.

Delryk

I was about to shit on Ford Focus but damn, those 2015-2016 models look dope

Ford has really come a long way.. I'd say 10-12 years ago, they were trash.. but today they make good reliable cars that are cheap and good on gas.. can't complain..

imBask

Banned
my 2002 cavalier is still running strong, not driving like an idiot really goes a long way in keeping a car in good shape

I might look into those Focus though, they look really really good... otherwise i'll probably buy my mommy's car soon

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's a management position, but there's so much shit that needs to be overlooked daily, you broke it down in great way I can use.

These is a good idea too, when I was trained it was similar to your situation where they just told me to write everything down, but it's difficult to navigate what's really important and what's now when you're just starting. I'll have a month or so, so I'll have a good period of time to work with him, I just need to find the proper starting point

This is all really good stuff, thanks guys.

Like Quick and Bones said, writing down clear instructions is also very good. It gives them something they can refer back to if they need it. When my manager went on mat leave, I took over some of the reporting she did. She wrote me up clear instructions and then walked me through how to do it with me doing the work. I was able to do it on my own when I needed to.

You may also want to give them a task that's a bit repetitive. For example, I had a monthly report to do where I needed daily numbers to do it. I usually pulled the numbers daily but had been so swamped I got behind. I showed them how to pull the numbers for me which helped teach them how to use our reporting system and also freed me up to do other things.

I strongly feel that you learn best by doing so make sure that you get them to do the work you are showing them.

Depends where you live. Around my place, you can buy a car with 0% interest on a 5year term.. better to buy than to lease if you can get that

since you're on a limited budget.. you could get possibly get 0.9% on a 6year term.. that could decrease the payments by 20-30 bucks a month.. and atleast you'd be able to sell the car afterward for a few Ks, which really helps to get a bigger/better car on your next deal... or keep the car for another 3-4 years to save money.

I'm really not a fan of leasing.. paying for something that's not yours really sucks..
I'm also looking for a new car. I'm set on buying, since I'm also pretty apprehensive about leasing. I'd like full ownership of my car, but I'm certainly looking at all options available.

See that was what I was thinking too, was that owning is better than basically renting. But the way this guy was talking to me was that with how much the car already depreciates just driving off a lot, leasing is a better option in the short term. Which is basically what I would be looking at. I need something solid for 3-4 years until I get my financial footing under me after graduation.

Is your situation going to improve in the near future? Might be worth looking at taking over someones lease. Can cut some of the term out that way, anyways.

Depends on the deals really. Do you see yourself making more money in 3 years?

Can you lease a car with $0 down completely and a low payment like $150/month? Does it fit in milage wise? (usually 10k/12k miles a year limit)

Money wise, I'm in a bad spot now but I graduate a year from now and while I obviously can't depend/count on getting a good job after graduation, I have a rough idea that my current income will almost quadruple in that time frame. (8-10k a year to ~35k or so). That would make the lease option more appealing, I think.

The issue I see is this, talking to the dealership friend. I can lease a new vehicle with a total cost of insurance + monthly payment for $457 a month. All I am responsible for beyond that are oil changes and basic things like that.

To buy a vehicle in the same price range, I'm looking at a 5+ year old model, with 50,000+ miles on it, and I am not covered under any type of warranty and am responsible for anything that pops up. With this plan I save a grand total of $13 a month.

I'm heavily leaning toward a lease at this point. But I really need to sit down and talk to my fiancee to see what we want to do and I want to hear from my parents for their opinions.

Red_Man

my 2002 cavalier is still running strong, not driving like an idiot really goes a long way in keeping a car in good shape

I might look into those Focus though, they look really really good... otherwise i'll probably buy my mommy's car soon
My first car was a Cavalier, I fucking loved that car, never had any issues with it. I sold it when I went to University, biggest regret of my life.

Like Quick and Bones said, writing down clear instructions is also very good. It gives them something they can refer back to if they need it. When my manager went on mat leave, I took over some of the reporting she did. She wrote me up clear instructions and then walked me through how to do it with me doing the work. I was able to do it on my own when I needed to.

You may also want to give them a task that's a bit repetitive. For example, I had a monthly report to do where I needed daily numbers to do it. I usually pulled the numbers daily but had been so swamped I got behind. I showed them how to pull the numbers for me which helped teach them how to use our reporting system and also freed me up to do other things.

I strongly feel that you learn best by doing so make sure that you get them to do the work you are showing them.
I'm the same way, it's a good idea to just have him shadow me for a week or so and get an idea of the routine I go through and the daily processes. I'll be writing everything down and try and make it as clear as possible.

Thomas Vanek has 19 points in 22 games and is left off of the all star ballot. The following players have less points in more games and are still on the all star ballot:

Mike Fisher (7 in 24)
Hossa (6 in 22)
Backes (13 in 25)
Ladd (16 in 25)
Iginla (16 in 25)

ITS A CONSPIRACY
seriously how the hell are Hossa and Fisher even listed?

Also holy shit Matt Duchene has 23 points already this year? I thought he got off to a horrendous start?

The guelph storm are so laughably bad this year. Really young team without Dickinson and Fabbri.
It's such a change over 2013-14, the OHL championship year. I saw a bunch of those playoff games and they really took a hit when guys like Bertuzzi and Dickinson moved on.

imBask

Banned
my problem is I don't know how much I can put in a car per month, i'd have to actually take a step back and stop buying whatever I want whenever I want and do what you people call "planning". Being an adult looks boring.

Imagine if Bernier tanks with the Marlies. I kind of don't want that to happen because it would crater his trade value... But I kind of do.

Quick

Banned
my problem is I don't know how much I can put in a car per month, i'd have to actually take a step back and stop buying whatever I want whenever I want and do what you people call "planning". Being an adult looks boring.

My necessity for a car came in recently when, like Fubar, repairs and additional cost for things just aren't worth it on my old-ass car.

I looked into my finances and I can certainly afford the average monthly payments I've seen so far plus insurance, but the length of the term is making me really have to take a step back and assess everything again.

My necessity for a car came in recently when, like Fubar, repairs and additional cost for things just aren't worth it on my old-ass car.

I looked into my finances and I can certainly afford the average monthly payments I've seen so far plus insurance, but the length of the term is making me really have to take a step back and assess everything again.

This part sucks ass. My car is worth like $1000 in pristine condition. Which it kinda sorta isn't.

But in the last month I put in almost $600 and at the shop today they say in the next month in order to keep car safe and road worthy I need to put in another $700. Eff that.

imBask

Banned

72-84 months sounds super fucking scary, I can't plan for that long, that's insane

Red_Man

Being a young male driver sucks, insurance is killing my money D:
You're around 22 right? As long as you don't get any tickets in the next 3 years, it will go down significantly once you hit 25.

Cake Boss

Banned
Being a young male driver sucks, insurance is killing my money D:

Being an Ontario driver sucks in general for insurance, Quebec is much cheaper.

FUBA, don't lease. I have a brother that just finished leasing a Civic for a year and he came away feeling like he just wasted $3000 and that it went no where.

FUBAR, don't lease. I have a brother that just finished leasing a Civic for a year and he came away feeling like he just wasted $3000 and that it went no where.

That's an issue, yeah. It's part of the reason I'm apprehensive about it, but everything else about it seems pretty good.

When I talked to the dealership they say that leasing ends in one of three ways. A) you walk away with no commitment to future. What your brother did. B) Buy the vehicle, subtracting leasing payments from the total cost of the vehicle. C) Make a new lease on a new vehicle. Any surplus in miles not used from my leasing contract creates a discount on new lease.

Of those three, unless I have issues with the vehicle, I would imagine that I go toward #2. Which sounds like a great option to me.

My issue is that I need a vehicle right now. And based on my income and lack of saved money (almost all my savings goes into my tuition), my options are severely limited.

But all of this is pointless before I talk to my fiancee. She's the one paying for 90% of the cost anyway.

Top Bottom