• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2015 |OT| How John Tortorella Stole Christmas

Stasis

The Tanner Glass Era has returned! Tanner Glass is in the lineup tonight!

The return of the beast. Etem has an "illness". I think it's called Glassinfatuitis contracted from AV by a sneeze.

2 goals for Glass.

Edit: I lease, my gf buys. We share our money either way but I like to change cars more frequently and she just wants to hang onto what she's comfortable with. Leasing is also a lot more attractive in the US than Canada generally. At least when comparing, say, NY/NJ to Quebec. My current car still has NY plates and was picked up there since I have an address I can use and US assets. My next one, next Summer will be local due to exchange rate, if it stays as is.

Usually I want something decently sporty and my gf gets the tame and practical. Might get her my stepmothers Evoque after lease since it'll have like 5k miles on it tops. No idea why she bothers having a car she never drives in the city while paying a ton of parking but whatever, we benefit in the end. They basically use it occasionally on weekends. Had her X1 for a while and sold it for more than we paid. Win/win. I try to influence her purchases knowing I'll probably buy it after lol.

Marvie_3

Banned
This part sucks ass. My car is worth like $1000 in pristine condition. Which it kinda sorta isn't.

But in the last month I put in almost $600 and at the shop today they say in the next month in order to keep car safe and road worthy I need to put in another $700. Eff that.
Are there any tech schools with automotive programs near you? I used to take my Sonata to one and they were way cheaper than a regular mechanic.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/12/02/john-scott-is-currently-leading-the-nhl-all-star-vote/

nhl-all-star-e1449081241613.png

calder

I won't be home for most or all of the game tonight, so congrats in advance to Garret Sparks for increasing his shutout streak to 120 minutes! Even in this dead puck era, that's a phenomenal way for a guy to start his career.

Stasis

The John Scott thing was started mostly by Reddit right?

I wonder if the league lets it go through. It'd be fun.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The John Scott thing was started mostly by Reddit right?

I wonder if the league lets it go through. It'd be fun.

They didn't the previous time everyone stood behind one 4th liner

NHL then edited the votes to make it seem like he was eliminated

iLLmAtlc

hate to be a Torts (git it) but who else dislikes this joke voting? If it happened to me I'd feel a little embarrassed. People think I suck enough that it'd be funny if I get voted in.

imBask

Banned
hate to be a Torts (git it) but who else dislikes this joke voting? If it happened to me I'd feel a little embarrassed. People think I suck enough that it'd be funny if I get voted in.

it's kinda shitty, but I take it more as a "the All-Star game has been stupid for years, so whatever"

Skill contest is usually ok, but it could be REALLY GOOD... they always fuck it up

calder

100%

The game itself is completely pointless and dumb but joke voting for shitty guys is still just insulting to them. Totally agree with Grapes on this, weirdly.

Quick

Banned
100%

The game itself is completely pointless and dumb but joke voting for shitty guys is still just insulting to them. Totally agree with Grapes on this, weirdly.

He's not wrong.

Like I said, the NHL will probably just mess with the ballots anyway. It's their event to manage.

It goes without saying, but the All-Star Games in most sports have lost their shine. There's nothing exciting or great about them anymore other than a break for most players in the league.

I used to find the Home Run Derby in the MLB ASG to be pretty great, but it's become pretty boring. The actual game is still a bit fun, though.

NBA ASG is alright. Dunk contest isn't at its prime anymore. Players go for theatrics, which is fine, but it makes me lose appreciation for less glamorous dunk attempts at the same competition.

NFL Pro-Bowl isn't anything to write home about.

iLLmAtlc

MLB All Star game is can't miss TV imo. All the top players are in the game and actually trying to win. It's baseball at its highest level, kinda like a one game olympics showcase.

zroid

Banned
MLB All Star game is can't miss TV imo. All the top players are in the game and actually trying to win. It's baseball at its highest level, kinda like a one game olympics showcase.

That's kiiiind of a stretch

it's more like all the top players are in the game for a few minutes each and sort of trying to win but still definitely mostly trying not to get hurt

iLLmAtlc

that's true, it'd be better if there were no subs.

one game olympic showcase is a stretch but i still think it's must watch TV. >_>

Quick

Banned
Halo, it's me, I was wondering
If after all these years you'd like to 133t to go over every map
They say that time's supposed to heal health
But I ain't done much healing

Halo, can you hear me?
I'm in Blood Gulch dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before Halo 3 fell at our feet

There's such a difference between games
And a million miles

Halo from the other side
I must've lagged a thousand times
To tell you I'm laughing, for ending your streak
But it don't matter, it clearly doesn't tear you apart anymore

Halo, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that map where you camped for spawns?

It's no secret
That the both of us are running out of XBL Gold.

So Halo from the other side
I must've teabagged a thousand times
To tell you I'm awesome, at everything you're in
But when I'm on you never seem to be home

Halo from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm buying, a PS4 for Black Ops 3

Ooh, anymore
Ooh, anymore
Ooh, anymore
Anymore...

Halo from the other side
I must've messaged a thousand times
To tell you I'm off Live, 'cause my membership is all gone
But when I text I remember you have a Windows Phone

Heretic

Halo, it's me, I was wondering
If after all these years you'd like to 133t to go over every map
They say that time's supposed to heal health
But I ain't done much healing

Halo, can you hear me?
I'm in Blood Gulch dreaming about who we used to be
When we were younger and free
I've forgotten how it felt before Halo 3 fell at our feet

There's such a difference between games
And a million miles

Halo from the other side
I must've lagged a thousand times
To tell you I'm laughing, for ending your streak

Halo, how are you?
It's so typical of me to talk about myself, I'm sorry
I hope that you're well
Did you ever make it out of that map where you camped for spawns?

It's no secret
That the both of us are running out of XBL Gold.

So Halo from the other side
I must've teabagged a thousand times
To tell you I'm awesome, at everything you're in
But when I'm on you never seem to be home

Halo from the outside
At least I can say that I've tried
To tell you I'm buying, a PS4 for Black Ops 3

Ooh, anymore
Ooh, anymore
Ooh, anymore
Anymore...

Halo from the other side
I must've messaged a thousand times
To tell you I'm off Live, 'cause my membership is all gone
But when I text I remember you have a Windows Phone
I love you...

Edit: Fucking Quick. Herctic and I were having a moment here.

I'll see you tonight, bb

Sutter had surgery and is out 4-6 weeks.

I hope the Canucks send McCann and Virtanen to the World Juniors. Sure beats being benched in the third by a coach hoping to lose in overtime instead of in regulation.

Yes, sending McCann will reduce their centre depth to Henrik, Horvat, and Cracknell. But it's not like they have anyone else. Vey?

Curufinwe

There was some good short circuit moments in there

But a lot of the gang garbage really hurt the movie imo

I'm glad I watched it on DVD, but holy shit were the two main gang bangers annoying and cringeworthy.

I really hope Blomkamp gets back to D9 levels of excellence.

Top Bottom