• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A minute and a half into the third and the Rangers already have more shots on net in this period than they did in the entire first period.

Socreges

Banned
If the rent is paid, why do you give a fuck? Maybe she's in a new relationship, or working late, or telling the truth. It's not really your business.
Heh, saw this post coming.

First off, chill out

Secondly, I said IN MY POST that I don't really care. That what bothered me is the blatant dishonesty (she is my gf's cousin and refers to me as family, which I want nothing to do with, but adds to the duplicity).

Fifthly, if no one is living there but we're led to believe that they are:

- that drastically changes the security of the house, particularly when we're gone for a few days (such as the last few)
- trying to figure out hydro for the coldest months of the year is a crapshoot for the house. We're on one meter. They know about this since we had been communicating regularly since we'd all moved in

Interestingly (to me), our place has gotten much colder since they've stopped living here. In fact, we actually got home last night and the house was 12°! When they live here, even for a moment, they turn on the heat and it moves up to us. When they don't do that, we HAVE TO turn on the heat or it becomes an ice box. This is something we can anticipate if we know whether or not the suite is actually occupied.

It's also just a strange sensation to have someone renting your basement, telling you they live there, but not actually live there. *shrug*

My tenant is rarely ever home these days. For the last several weeks I've maybe seen her twice. Her car is never here.

I went down a week ago to fix something while she was home (she was only home BECAUSE I told her I'd need to go down the next day)

Me: *chuckle* So do you even live here anymore?
Her: Yeah, man! I love this place. Why, are you kicking us out? What's up?
Me: No...
Her: Yeah I've just had car troubles lately.
Me: Alright...

Not sure if she thinks I'm stupid or what, but the deflection and then the nonsensical excuse get us nowhere. She could tell me the truth, whatever that truth is, and I wouldn't care. Instead she's not occupying the suite for some reason and also lying about it. Doesn't bode well.
I love you soc, but dont bring detective soc into your real life. Is she renting a whole apartment or is it your basement? If she is renting sn apartment just let her lie all she wants to.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Carolina's challenging it was offside.

That's really close. If the back of his skate is touching the ice, I think it's on. If it's not, it's offside.

EDIT: Inconclusive, goal stands.

Bibeau called up because there was a possibility Andersen wouldn't be available and the distance from Toronto to Vancouver made it necessary to recall him just in case. Looks like Andersen will be okay to play though.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
KREIDERRRRRR

ehfGIJm.gif

Socreges

Banned
Ah thats another whole other issue, if shes staying in your place it is perfectly reasonable to expect a normal behaviour.
Yeah. I mean, our bills are much lower thanks to them not being here. And we don't need to concern ourselves with noise disturbing them later on at night. We have the house completely to ourselves AND they're paying rent! I have not lost sight of this...

zroid

Banned
Woll is putting up very good numbers in Boston, but outside of him the Leafs' goalie farm is pitiful. Apparently some 31 year old flameout named Jeff Glass tends for the Marlies now?

uh yeah... although Glass has been really good in the KHL since he left the NHL fwiw (not much)

Yawnier

Banned
As bad as Enroth has been Bibeau would be much worse. He put up something like a .880 in November, in the AHL.

Yeah he is one of the streakiest goalies I have ever seen so I don't have much faith in him. Had an amazing october (AHL goalie of the month) followed by a terrible november.

Quick

Banned
Probably a bit late at this point, but I'm guessing the NHL isn't doing any shows about teams participating in the Winter Classic and/or Centennial Classic?

I always really liked HBO 24/7 and Epix Road to the Winter Classic.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Probably a bit late at this point, but I'm guessing the NHL isn't doing any shows about teams participating in the Winter Classic and/or Centennial Classic?

I always really liked HBO 24/7 and Epix Road to the Winter Classic.

I thought they were going to do something for the Toronto vs Detroit one and St Louis vs Chicago

Top Bottom