• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

zroid

Banned
I need this in chart form pls

Just for you Marcie

crawfordwxuzj.png

Quick

Banned
How much time do you spend with them?

I'd say the cutoff is like 4 times a month. More than that? Sure. Less? Skippp

I see her Mom more than her Dad who works a lot. I'm leaning towards just something small like a bottle of wine or something. My biggest worry is that they get me something and I have nothing for them like a jackass.

Parch

Such an odd time for a game in Vancouver. But of course HNIC thinks the hockey world should revolve around Toronto.

What's the over/under for total penalty minutes? 100?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Such an odd time for a game in Vancouver. But of course HNIC thinks the hockey world should revolve around Toronto.

Either there will be one uneventful fight early in the game and then nothing

or it's going to be a clusterfuck.

So my money's on either <20 or >100

It makes sense for them to cater to the audience that is the largest by volume, ratings are important! Like how those live talent reality shows are done in LA but only air live for people on the east coast. West coasters watch it when it's already over.

I'm guessing not as many penalty minutes as people might think.

I hope for a chippy game, but not a violent one where they're out to hurt each other. I don't want the Canucks taking runs at our kids, or for the Leafs to take runs at the Sedins or the Canucks few talented kids. Martin versus Burrows and the latter being pummeled would be great, though.

Or Kadri versus Burrows with the same result.

?

zroid

Banned
the whole 7pm ET rage has to be a uniquely western canadian phenomenon, right?

when west coast teams in the NBA / NFL are forced to start their games earlier than usual to satisfy national prime time needs, it's considered an honour because they're being propped up as a marquee matchup.

when west coast teams in the NBA / NFL are forced to start their games earlier than usual to satisfy national prime time needs, it's considered an honour because they're being propped up as a marquee matchup.

Yeah

Maybe they don't like how it means that more people will now see the awful Canucks lose...again.

zroid

Banned
probably going to miss the game cuz I'll be watching a movie with the family

no injuries please &#128591;&#127997;&#128591;&#127997;&#128591;&#127997;

TBH I kind of see where they are coming from, and pretty much the only time the Canucks have to start playing at 4PM is when the Leafs are in town, yet all the other teams in the league that come to Vancouver are starting at 10PM ET.

It's just a ever present relic of the old 'Toronto is the centre of the universe' hate but I understand it.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Kinda pisses me off tbh. When Montreal goes out west I have to stay up super late because of 10 pm or 10:30 starts, even Toronto's late games are usually scheduled for 9.

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Stars are 1-6 in OT

Maybe you should start considering not destroying them in regulation so you can at least try and get some confidence back in your OT game

TBH the Preds should just give up the farce and cycle the puck for five minutes until shootout. The players and the coaching staff are clueless and/or have stopped giving a shit.

Preds are 2-14 in 3-on-3 since its introduction last seaon. Just shameful.

Parch

Kinda pisses me off tbh. When Montreal goes out west I have to stay up super late because of 10 pm or 10:30 starts, even Toronto's late games are usually scheduled for 9.
Understandable, but that's the western fan advantage. You can watch two games and have a normal bedtime. When I was living in the maritimes it was extremely annoying to have to watch hockey or baseball in the middle of night if you want to see it live.

Top Bottom