• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The Leafs should really make serious offers on Stralman if he's available like rumoured.

Leafs have too many of the same "type" of prospect. They can afford to let some of them go.
Where has he been rumoured to be available? That seems like an untouchable from Tampa's perspective.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just happened to glance at the standings and noticed that the Montreal Canadiens would be in 4th place in the Metro Division right now. Fuck this division.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just happened to glance at the standings and noticed that the Montreal Canadiens would be in 4th place in the Metro Division right now. Fuck this division.
First time in a long time where it seems like the East is actually better than the West.

Has anyone posted this? It's from the 22nd, but it is quite disgusting and really shows an evil side to Lou Lamirello: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-team-wrongfully-withheld-documents-in-brain-injury-case-1.636989

The New Jersey Devils “wrongfully withheld” medical records from a former player who alleges brain injuries he suffered playing in the NHL have left him permanently disabled, a workers’ compensation appeals board in California has ruled.
Fourteen years after he played his final NHL game, one-time Devils enforcer Mike Peluso filed a workers’ compensation claim in San Francisco in 2012.

Three of the teams he played for during his career — the Devils, St. Louis Blues and Calgary Flames — and their insurance companies are listed as defendants in the proceedings.
Each defendant was given a month from the date of Peluso’s filing to give his lawyer all of his medical documents.

But in a Nov. 15 decision obtained by TSN, California Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board commissioner Marguerite Sweeney ruled that the Devils “wrongfully withheld” two documents that Peluso’s legal team says are crucial to his case.

One document is a Dec. 18, 1993, medical report confirming Peluso suffered a concussion after hitting his head on the ice during a fight. The second document is Feb. 21, 1994, report from a neurologist warning the Devils that Peluso could have further seizures if he suffered more head trauma.

Those reports surfaced in May 2016 and have been referenced by medical experts who testify Peluso is permanently disabled. The Devils said those reports should not be allowed into evidence because they weren’t filed within the appropriate period.

Two months later, on Feb. 14, 1994, Peluso collapsed while working out on a treadmill at a Florida hotel.

Four days later, on Feb. 18, Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello told The New York Times that Peluso’s seizure “was primarily due to dehydration and lack of nutrition.” The Times also reported the Devils were concerned Peluso’s seizure could be related to his Dec. 18 concussion.

Peluso was sent to see neurologist Marvin Ruderman. In his Feb. 21 report sent to Lamoriello, the team’s trainer and doctor, Ruderman wrote: “[Peluso] likely experienced a major motor seizure on 2/14/94, which I believe is most likely related to a post-traumatic seizure as a consequence of the cerebral concussion in December 1993. I do not believe this was related to dehydration…I do not believe that the participation in playing hockey in itself poses an excessive risk for the development of further seizures unless he were to sustain head injuries.”

Fuck Lou Lamirello.

zroid

Banned
So the ice maker in our freezer suddenly dumped a whole bunch of water into the freezer compartment. Don't know if it happened gradually like a leak or just all at once.

But when I opened the freezer this morning everything inside was drenched and covered in ice. The shelves were frozen stuck. Icicles everywhere. Nightmare. 😭😭😭

zroid

Banned
So I was wrong about Stralman being on the block, but I do feel strongly that the Leafs should be hunting for a Top 4 RD even if he's a bit older than the rest of the core. One in the 19-23 age range isn't going to be available for a realistic price, and I think the Leafs should be working towards putting the pieces in play to be a contender. They're (very likely) not going to get a Matthews/Marner impact player by picking 9th - 11th anyways, so they should be pushing to be a playoff team.
Boosting the defence is important, but it's probably not something they should do till the offseason. The problem is the expansion draft.

If you protect Rielly / Gardiner / New guy, then Carrick has to be exposed. Carrick has played very well this season so I don't think they want to do that.

Mark Lazerus – Verified account ‏@MarkLazerus

Panarin on taking less to stay: "I like everything about the team and the environment here. You can’t earn all the money in the world."

I hope Radulov shares the same idea

zroid

Banned
Wtf apparently Sundin isn't showing up for the alumni game

probably saving himself for the Canucks outdoor game, smh

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Has anyone posted this? It's from the 22nd, but it is quite disgusting and really shows an evil side to Lou Lamirello: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-team-wrongfully-withheld-documents-in-brain-injury-case-1.636989

Fuck Lou Lamirello.

Er that's not what I am reading here. Or not exactly.

Lou lamiorello made a statement to the press, yes. But many times GMs don't be honest to media about head related issues. This could be because of privacy laws, general ignorance, whatever. There is nothing illegal with that as long as he does get correct medical care behind the scenes.

The issue at hand here is the devils legal team withholding documentation from the courts. This may not have anything to do with Lou at all.

It may. It may not. We don't know.

This isn't intended to defend him, rather just point out the obvious jump to conclusions thing going on here.

Cake Boss

Banned
I hope Radulov shares the same idea

293683.gif

Erdrick

I know Cake Boss's avatar is Alfredsson and all, but to me it looks more like Marty McSorley laughing maniacally. In any case, great avatar.

Also, Hutchinson in net for the Jets as they attempt to stop the Blue Jackets tonight. I've got a good feeling about this, for some reason. The Jets have an odd talent for ending other teams win streaks. I hope they play like they did against Chicago, at the very least.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
I just want the Leafs to squeeze in at 8th, MTL can hold that top spot. The world needs a TOR/MTL playoff series.

Yawnier

Banned
The salt in here for a habs-leafs playoff series would be unbelievable. Could be something like we saw in that flames-canucks series almost 2 years ago.

calder

Dear Jackets please take this gift of a win tonight and refrain from scoring 10 goals on my fragile, kinda shitty team. Thank you in advance,

zroid

Banned
Speaking of which both Ladd and Bergeron have been disasters points wise. Both have 10 in 34 GP, o lawd.

How can Bergeron have 10 pts when he's playing with Pastrnak, he of the 19 goals? o_O

well he's probably driving the bus on that line whether or not he's scoring points. that's just what he does. lots of 3rd assists I'm sure.

zroid

Banned
I wouldn't be so quick to count the Bruins out. They have some of the best fancy stats in the league. I could see them putting a run together pretty soon.

Krug is really good, I agree. I guess there's just quite a few players who sound like nobodies but just because I don't know them doesn't necessarily mean they're bad.

Chara is pretty bad though.

Top Bottom