• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

remember when canadiens fans wanted halak over price?

image.png

zroid

Banned
Here is the current waiver priority

COL ARI VAN BUF NYI N.J WPG DET FLA NSH CGY DAL L.A T.B CAR BOS TOR ANA PHI EDM STL OTT S.J WSH CHI NYR MTL MIN PIT CBJ

I'd be pretty surprised if he isn't picked up by someone with goaltending problems. Maybe LA or Carolina? He'd be a pretty big upgrade for Dallas but they're already paying so much for their goalies so idk.

zroid

Banned
I think LA has the cap space with Quick on LTIR, but they're going to have to put him back on waivers before Quick comes back (and hope someone claims him)

I'm really stoked for the Sharks vs Flyers game tonight. Jones has been rock solid and Burns has been aggressive as ever.

I'm also really curious about what's gonna happen to the Avs. They haven't been great in a few years and it's not due to lack of talent.

Pikma

Banned
Here is the current waiver priority

COL ARI VAN BUF NYI N.J WPG DET FLA NSH CGY DAL L.A T.B CAR BOS TOR ANA PHI EDM STL OTT S.J WSH CHI NYR MTL MIN PIT CBJ

I'd be pretty surprised if he isn't picked up by someone with goaltending problems. Maybe LA or Carolina? He'd be a pretty big upgrade for Dallas but they're already paying so much for their goalies so idk.
ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF OUR PROBLEM????

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry but I'm up in the priority list 😁😁😁
You need a goalie more though

Just realized that there's going to be musical acts for the Centennial Classic, so I looked it up expecting Simple Plan-levels of disaster, and I'm pleasantly surprised.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-centennial-classic-entertainment-announced/c-284727564

Arkells perform pre-game, Bryan Adams performs on the 1st intermission, Cold Creek Country (who?) perform The Hockey Song in the 2nd intermission.

This...isn't bad.
How the hell is Bryan Adams not bad?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I'm torn on the CBJ-MIN game. On the one hand, I want the Wild to win because the rest of the Metro division needs to chill the fuck out a little bit. On the other hand, part of me wants the BJs to win because if they can keep winning just a few more and manage to tie the NHL record for longest winning streak (17), this would be the game where they go for the new record:

4IdEXto.png

PillarEN

I wonder if Bryan Adams is going to be singing about the summer of 69 for the 696969th time in his life.

But really Bryan Adams or Barenaked Ladies is the safe choice that won't offend a single soul. Would have been cool if they got Death From Above 1979 (hell maybe they could have sung about the summer of 79) or Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Ok, I'm not stupid and that would never happen. In some ways they could have gone with Sum 41. They were in NHL games right? Radio friendly while being a little too much for the concerned parent but those days are long gone. Just like how nobody fears Alice Cooper or Kiss today. Actually nobody feared Sum 41. What the hell am I saying.

If the NHL was extra hip they would let Le Matos play a set.

Foggy

I'm torn on the CBJ-MIN game. On the one hand, I want the Wild to win because the rest of the Metro division needs to chill the fuck out a little bit. On the other hand, part of me wants the BJs to win because if they can keep winning just a few more and manage to tie the NHL record for longest winning streak (17), this would be the game where they go for the new record:

4IdEXto.png

Yes pls

Quick

Banned
I'd say the NHL's made some progress moving away from rock, partly, and not swerving too much into country music.

Though that's more just my personal feelings on the matter.

Watching the Spengler Cup right now.

Top Bottom