• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Stasis

I tune in just in time to see a Puempel hatty and a Mike Smith classic stick break.

Beautiful timing.

edit: LOL, they're saying no one wanted to go into Smith's net to collect the puck for Puempel because he was so furious and holding basically a sharpened stake. Eventually a linesman calmed him down and went over.

What a giant man-baby.

The Rangers just broke the Coyotes. Assist to the refs. What a disaster.

Cut Smith some slack. He's carrying this shit show on his own and he's having to play every game. He has absolutely no defensive support.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yay 12

And i get to be at the Xcel for #13!
expansion bros no more Foggy!

watch them lose because of you being there

firstgame_zpsn0bhj7ah.jpg~original

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I feel stupid (or maybe I'm just tired) but I have no idea what this is supposed to mean:

But Laine buries the value meter needle in red.

and

Be careful, though, not to forget that five of the faces of the game since the mid-1970s have been wingers: Guy Lafleur, Mike Bossy, Jaromir Jagr, Alexander Ovechkin and Patrick Kane.

....this seems like a stupid point. Of course there are faces that are wingers?? Defensemen too! And please, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux are probably the biggest faces of the game since the 70s.

I'm too tired for this article.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I feel stupid (or maybe I'm just tired) but I have no idea what this is supposed to mean:

and

....this seems like a stupid point. Of course there are faces that are wingers?? Defensemen too! And please, Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux are probably the biggest faces of the game since the 70s.

I'm too tired for this article.

Gary Lawless is a huge jets homer, he made that article when there was a big void between Laine and Matthews.

Matthews after this article has come roaring back and has made Lawless look like an idiot.

Unrelated... Leafs are third in the league in time holding a lead. Imagine how good they could be if they would stop blowing leads lol

zroid

Banned

Yawnier

Banned
The media needs to let go of the Laine/Matthews thing. The Matthews/Eichel debate is way more juicy.

I do hope that 3-5 years down the line that we will get a leafs-sabres playoff series. There are too many storylines for it not to happen

I was just looking at Matthews performance bonus criteria, and apparently there's a bonus for being named All Star Game MVP

that is a joke :lol

there is a pretty good chance he will hit most if not all of his bonuses this year anyhow. The one for being top 10 in goals in particular will be worth $2M on the cap. Ouch.

Basically he will earn $200K for each "Schedule A" criterion reached (up to a max of 4), and $2M for reaching any one of the "Schedule B" criteria

$2M for a top-10 goal scorer isn't "ouch".

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope you all appreciate how much restraint I'm showing in not pointing out that Matt Puempel's 3 power play goals in a single game tonight was the first time a Ranger has done that since 1994.

zroid

Banned
$2M for a top-10 goal scorer isn't "ouch".

Of course not, if it was just being paid this year then it's not a problem. But the Leafs are already near the cap, which means any bonuses triggered are going to be penalties on next year's cap. That will impact their free agency.

Marvie_3

Banned
Of course not, if it was just being paid this year then it's not a problem. But the Leafs are already near the cap, which means any bonuses triggered are going to be penalties on next year's cap. That will impact their free agency.
Yeah the Leafs need more cap space for superstars like Matt Martin.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started right now:

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Penguins
Capitals @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Stars @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers

Socreges

Banned
Do you PM screenshots of your posts to Soc or do you just assume he's on it already?
Like I don't have better things to do 🙄

I have a separate drive on my computer for archived Forza/User33 materials

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Penguins
Capitals @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Stars @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers
Meh

Pikma

Banned
Bless you Quick 💋💋💋
I wanted to pick the ugliest one but Kat would make fun of me until the day I died

We're Florida now. Fucking great.
Just let me know if you want to attend all 5 games, I'll just paypal you the $$$ bby 💋💋💋

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Gary Lawless is a huge jets homer, he made that article when there was a big void between Laine and Matthews.

Matthews after this article has come roaring back and has made Lawless look like an idiot.

Unrelated... Leafs are third in the league in time holding a lead. Imagine how good they could be if they would stop blowing leads lol

I thought it might have been that one but I was too tired last night to be bothered to look, lol.

We're Florida now. Fucking great.

At least it's affordable.
Bless you Quick 💋💋💋
I wanted to pick the ugliest one but Kat would make fun of me until the die I died

Just let me know if you want to attend all 5 games, I'll just paypal you the $$$ bby 💋💋💋

Hey now. .(

I only questioned the last one. Because it was fugly.

Flyers @ Blue Jackets
Rangers @ Penguins
Capitals @ Canadiens
Bruins @ Senators

Stars @ Blackhawks
Blues @ Wild
Flames @ Sharks
Ducks @ Oilers

Capitals vs Habs would be fun. I feel the West has the same matchups every year. The only difference this year is the Oilers are in instead of LA.

Of course, the irony being...how much does Marchand, with his pesty ways, use derogatory and homophobic language on the ice?

Pretty much all hockey players are like this until further notice. Look good for the cameras for a cause, when in reality they don't give a shit.

PillarEN

The only good thing to come from the Maritimes is Trailer Park Boys and Ellen Page. I thought maybe Dan Cleary came from there but he's from Newfoundland so too bad.

Top Bottom