• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

imBask

Banned
CynUuJ2WEAABfBv.jpg:large

even without Price

MTL > TOR

Stats are stats

Calamari41

41 > 38
So I'm in the market for a 4k Blu-ray player all of a sudden, and it seems like the most logical solution as a gamer is to get the Xbox One S. Does anybody use one as a 4k player? Is it good in that regard? The price is competitive with the good standalone players on the market, and I haven't gotten an Xbox One yet, so this seems like the perfect two-birds solution... Any help from my dear friends here would be appreciated.

I know what Heretic's recommendation will be

Gunstar Ikari

Unconfirmed Member
Neal is taking line rushes, could be taken off of IR today. Based on practice, he'd be on the 3rd line.

Saros also went back to Milwaukee for Mazanec. Maz would have to play out of his mind to secure his backup job at this point.

Yawnier

Banned
I know that everyone likes to rag on the Oilers (including me) but the Avs also seem to be a cautionary tale when it comes to tanking and rebuilding a team

Merguson

Banned
im trying to figure out how minors drawn is a weakness

it's not, it's a weakness for every team.. according to him it's because no one draws penalties at the nhl average over the past decade because reffing has changed

also it's based off two years of data so the leafs rookies wouldn't play too heavily into this

Cactus

Banned
huhhh

are they seriously running with bibeau as the backup then?

I'm not against it...give him a game and see how he looks against NHL players. Ramo is probably a backup plan since management probably doesn't want to use another contract spot.

Cactus

Banned
The salt is the best thing about this thread. You guys make me laugh so much. I'm gonna try to be a salty bastard as well.

imBask

Banned
Fuck Cake Boss and fuck Bask!

Both of you fight me then buy me dinner.

well according to some stats you're better than us so you need to buy us pity dinner

please step down from you're great throne lord Leafs fan and help us plebian, I can barely look at my team anymore because all I can think about is "god I wish we had good xGF% this is unbearable"

Pikma

Banned
i'm not sure if you're being sarcastic but the chart actually says the stars defence is close to average
I interpret these stupid charts the way I want to dumbroid!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: that was mean and I'm sorry, what I meant is that I don't think the chart is right, that chart sucks.

imBask

Banned
don't think that will be an issue for you

This is not about us Dopey, it's about the greater good

Blackhawks won the cup with the 19th xGF% in 2015, they should retroactively be stripped from the cup this is unacceptable

actually in the past 5 years the only team worthy of winning the cup were the Penguins, everyone else needs to return their cups

Delryk

tbh if a team wins the cup without the top SCF% and xGF%, they might as well just decline it

All I know is Habs are as bad as Leafs if Price isn't in net. And this was proven last year sooo... facts don't lie.

Now until Price gets injured (again), Habs are better. So good for them. I don't need stats and graphs to tell me that!

Delryk

CzAgcYOXEAE6FiQ.jpg

Graphs like this is what makes me sick to my stomach. you can manipulate all the stats for your likings... now, with this graph, Leafs look like the best team by a mile. Which is just wrong.... for now. -sigh-

Parch

We've had the nicest, mildest autumn/early winter in living memory but it all ended last night.
After a great fall and mild winter, it's turned nasty cold here in Edmonton. I forgot how miserable -20C can be, even colder at night, and it's supposed to be that way for awhile.

Pikma

Banned
the correct way to interpret it is that lehtonen and niemi are bad :p
If only the league allowed them to send both goalies to the net at the same time, that would definitely fix their problems
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
Fuck the Habs
I agree with all of you

zroid

Banned
CzAgcYOXEAE6FiQ.jpg

Graphs like this is what makes me sick to my stomach. you can manipulate all the stats for your likings... now, with this graph, Leafs look like the best team by a mile. Which is just wrong.... for now. -sigh-

it's a bit misleading because this only shows offence. the leafs play the highest pace game in the league so of course they're going to be offensively potent. but as good as they are offensively they're equally bad defensively. it balances out.

Samyy

The graph isn't saying anything close to that?
You're just pushing the narrative you want to push.

Quick

Banned
This fancy stats talk makes me want to bully you nerds.

I actually wasn't ever a bully, so I can't do that.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Leafs are easily the most dangerous team at even strength

the problem is when they take the lead... then their opponent becomes the most dangerous team at even strength

Yawnier

Banned
CzAgcYOXEAE6FiQ.jpg

Marner is already as good as McDavid, holy shit Dopey was right

/s

Top Bottom