• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL December 2016 |OT| Best Christmas Since '93

Foggy

Wow what an embarrassing loss for the Sens

giphy.gif

Quick

Banned
Listening to this now. For who this guy is he actually sounds surprisingly cool. I was expecting a smug douchebag.

I actually met Steve Dangle a few years ago. He's a pretty nice guy. He was with Leafs TV at the time, and he did rill gud with interviews and stuff. His YouTube content? Ehh.

We didn't talk hockey much, admittedly.

I actually met Steve Dangle a few years ago. He's a pretty nice guy. He was with Leafs TV at the time, and he did rill gud with interviews and stuff. His YouTube content? Ehh.

We didn't talk hockey much, admittedly.

I was actually talking about the Panthers owner guy. I love Steve.

trifelife

Also, goddamn Botchford looks like a major douchenozzle, even in real life.

Sorry to quote an old post, but...

🤔🤔🤔 huh? Really you're hating on Botch? He consistently has the most realistic, logical and informed takes on the Canucks. I don't even know who I'd put up against him. Drancer if he was kicking around still, and a few of the current CA guys maybe?

PillarEN

Get so see Laine play Detroit tonight. Haven't really been this excited to see an opposing goal scorer since the Pavel Bure years. Don't really remember him as a Canuck, but as a Panther he would always cheat on defense and stand around the red line (two line pass rule) and wait for a breakaway. Then it was a goalie/shooter showdown.

Socreges

Banned
Sorry to quote an old post, but...

🤔🤔🤔 huh? Really you're hating on Botch? He consistently has the most realistic, logical and informed takes on the Canucks. I don't even know who I'd put up against him. Drancer if he was kicking around still, and a few of the current CA guys maybe?
Silver seems to have has tremendous resentment for anything associated with Vancouver. *shrug

Not sure why I said seems. He does. He has. He told me so.

imBask

Banned
I bet advanced stats were created by salty Leafs fans who need to find some way to "win"

they are simply describing how well a team is playing, regardless if they end up with the win, or not.

yep

Foggy

Translation:
"I'm going to dismiss this information because it doesn't align with my distorted perception of reality. "

Soon you'll call it politicized mathematics.

Until you can properly elucidate how these stats in their order of priority correlates to demonstrably excellent hockey, even with a small sample size, then we'll call it Dopey Maths.

imBask

Banned
Translation:
"I'm going to dismiss this information because it doesn't align with my distorted perception of reality. "

Soon you'll call it politicized mathematics.

translation :
"i'm so far down the mediocrity rabbit hole that my new reality isn't based on the standings anymore, it's based on specific stats added together in a blogpost with a stretched out HFBoards logo in the header"

you sure are a high frequency volume bullshit sniper Dopey

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
translation :
"oh shit i'm cornered, jokes on you I was only pretending"

Nah, I don't joke. But I do laugh at how hysterical you get when you're shown how awful your team is.

Always one goalie injury away from a 30th overall finish.

Cactus

Banned
Does anyone else feel like shootouts have become even more of a waste of time since 3v3 was introduced?

We're treated to a tense 5 mins of fast-paced hockey--full of exciting end-to-end rushes and offensive creativity--followed by a slow, boring, anticlimactic shootout...

EDIT:

Wtf, is this a real rule?

"If you pull your goalie for an extra attacker in overtime, and the other team scores into your empty net, you'll forfeit the one point you gained by forcing overtime."

imBask

Banned
Post adjusted Salt-si % is very high right now.

I wouldn't talk too fast, Bjugstad's Corsi is almost as good as Jagrs, so technically he's just as good

Nah, I don't joke. But I do laugh at how hysterical you get when you're shown how awful your team is.

Always one goalie injury away from a 30th overall finish.

oh no, i'm so ashamed of having a great homegrown goalie!!! Wah! It hurts so much coming from a team who tanked for 40 years to get a #1 pick, WAH!

zroid

Banned
tfw you buy a frozen product from the grocery store and after checking out remember you're not going to be home for another 4 hours

hopefully it stays cold outside :lol

Does anyone else feel like shootouts have become even more of a waste of time since 3v3 was introduced?

We're treated to a tense 5 mins of fast-paced hockey--full of exciting end-to-end rushes and offensive creativity--followed by a slow, boring, anticlimactic shootout...

EDIT:

Wtf, is this a real rule?

"If you pull your goalie for an extra attacker in overtime, and the other team scores into your empty net, you'll forfeit the one point you gained by forcing overtime."

Yes. I never had a problem with the shootout until recently. I'd rather see the tie reintroduced.

calder

We've had the nicest, mildest autumn/early winter in living memory but it all ended last night. Tons of snow overnight, took me an extra 10 minutes to walk to work and I'm soaked from the blowing snow. Gusts of 50k/h on a north wind when I walk north in the morning? Greeaaaat.

Cactus

Banned
Yes. I never had a problem with the shootout until recently. I'd rather see the tie reintroduced.

I'd like to see 10 (or more) mins of 3v3. The game ends in a tie if nobody scores. Ties are treated the same as OTL points-wise. W(2) -- L(0) -- T/OTL(1)

calder

Too much more OT would be tough for the players. I'd love for a 10 minute OT but that may be too much.

Personally, I'd get rid of the shootout (which I've always been against), get rid of the OTL point and if the game ends in a tie it's a tie. If you lose in OT you get nothing - yeah I'm sure it would encourage teams holding on for the point but that happens every night late in regulation already. At least 3 on 3, which frankly I'm still meh on, would in theory reward teams that pressed for a goal more.

Top Bottom