• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2013 |OT| A Black History Month "Miracle in the Making"

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Has Kadri always been this good and Wilson just shut him down, or has he just made huge strides in the past year or so?

Offensively he's always been this good or better. He had a huge problem before in that he'd always try to do something when he had the puck.

ie. Going 1 on 3 instead of dumping it in.

He also was absolutely terrible defensively.

He made great strides the last few years learning when to dump it and when to use his skill.

gaming_noob

Has Kadri always been this good and Wilson just shut him down, or has he just made huge strides in the past year or so?

Murray really wanted him in the draft and Burke retaliated (because Murray wouldn't trade Heatley to the Leafs) by drafted Kadri. Murray knows talent....

ZeroGravity

I told you guys, free Rangers win tonight.

Also if you'd be so kind to run up the score so we can fire our coach, it'd be much appreciated.

Cake Boss

Banned
Murray really wanted him in the draft and Burke retaliated (because Murray wouldn't trade Heatley to the Leafs) by drafted Kadri. Murray knows talent....

iu4HLfpGLIVFE.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Tampa is playing one of the worst periods I've ever seen. The shots are 17-1 halfway through the period : \

On pace for 90-6 shots? wat.

I went from 15-1 shots after half a period, not 17, for number's sake

Silexx

I don't know about the retaliating and Heatley part...

But Murray did want him.

Well, I remember when Burke was mic'd during the draft and went up to Murray asking if he was taking Kadri....

However, Murray has been known for keeping his draft choices close to his chest and some have alleged that Murray lied to Burke and when he went back to his table could be seeing saying "We got our guy (Cowen)."

In any case, this Heatley thing sounds like BS since I don't think Toronto was even one of the teams he was going to waive his NMC for.

Edit: Now that Kernel mentions it, Murray himself admitted as much.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Fucking dirtbag Kessel. Grabner is fast as hell but sucks on breakaways. Never seems to score.

0 for 2 on penalty shots this year. Many botched breakaway chances too. I think only 1 of his 7 goals came on a breakaway chance.

However, Murray has been known for keeping his draft choices close to his chest and some have alleged that Murray lied to Burke and when he went back to his table could be seeing saying "We got our guy (Cowen)."

Dorion was on the radio sometime later and said don't believe everything you hear in that video. The organization never ever reveals who they are taking. Since we are pretty good at drafting he's said teams over the years have tried all sorts of tricks to try and find out who we are taking and the Sens go as far as leak red herrings to mislead others. I remember the Sun having an article on draft day on how we want Kadri, you know 100% that is false. They would never ever reveal that to the papers.

BM saw Cowen still on the board and wanted to find out if Burke will take him. Once he knew that he walked away knowing we only had to worry about Dallas at that point (who took Scott Glennie).

Mission accomplished.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Dorion was on the radio sometime later and said don't believe everything you hear in that video. The organization never ever reveals who they are taking. Since we are pretty good at drafting he's said teams over the years have tried all sorts of tricks to try and find out who we are taking and the Sens go as far as leak red herrings to mislead others. I remember the Sun having an article on draft day on how we want Kadri, you know 100% that is false. They would never ever reveal that to the papers.

BM saw Cowen still on the board and wanted to find out if Burke will take him. Once he knew that he walked away knowing we only had to worry about Dallas at that point (who took Scott Glennie).

Mission accomplished.

You guys get riled up on this stuff really easily.

You guys get riled up on this stuff really easily.

I'm not riled up just explaining it. I am shocked people still believe this.

It's common sense, teams spend millions scouting players all over the world. They're not just going to tell a competing team who they're taking.

People can believe what they want I guess, that's what I heard on the radio here.

Solo

He didn't just select him with a 1st round pick, he traded DOWN for a lower pick, passing up on Gigorenko, in order to draft him.

Wow I totally forgot he traded down, passing on Grigorenko.

That's beyond dumb.

You guys just don't get it. Feaster is involved in elevated general managing. He is the MikeWorks of GMs. Your feeble pleb minds cannot possible comprehend the work of an auteur.

Top Bottom