• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

iLLmAtlc

cmFDbDC.jpg

yeee

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Really wish NHL Revealed showed some of the Intermission stuff from Babcock from the US/ Canada game. Kind of surprised they stuck all of Team Canada on one plane with their families, if something happened that would have been awful.

NHL Revealed:

Doughty's girlfriend and Price's sister just need to start making out already.
Yes please.

Socreges

Banned
Soooo many horrible turnovers tonight that led directly to goals, just from watching some highlights.

Random question: who has the dumbest insiders, TSN or Sportsnet?

hwalker84

Serious question here. I'm a huge Penguins fan who knows the sport of Hockey but I only follow my team and go to at least 5-10 games a year. Outside of the Penguins and their rivals I don't know much about some of the other teams.

I've been to the last 3 times we've played the Canadien's and one thing I noticed is the massive amount of boo's anytime P.K. Subban touches the puck. Why? Seems like racism considering they aren't a rival of ours.

Quick

Banned
Serious question here. I'm a huge Penguins fan who knows the sport of Hockey but I only follow my team and go to at least 5-10 games a year. Outside of the Penguins and their rivals I don't know much about some of the other teams.

I've been to the last 3 times we've played the Canadien's and one thing I noticed is the massive amount of boo's anytime P.K. Subban touches the puck. Why? Seems like racism considering they aren't a rival of ours.

Emery as it rough having to play in Montreal.

Rangers would definitely be kicking the tires because of AV.

Imagine if they got both St. Louis AND Kesler.

Wouldn't Kessler rather eat glass than play for AV again? He's got an NTC right?

Regardless, Rangers aren't ponying up the goods for Kessler. Great player, but no way is Stepan or Miller going for him. Can't afford that.

If you have seen the other NHL OT thread titles, we thrive on racism. It's a natural way of life for the NHL.

Could be because Letang was up for a Norris trophy last season as best defender in the NHL, and lost it to Subban.

Dunno.

Solo

How soon they forget.

2979979.jpg

Habs beat the Pens in 7 games in the second round of the playoffs. Subban's rookie year. Subban (and Hal Gill) more or less neutralize Sid, who whines to the refs and the media. Fans pick up on it. Fans hate Subban now.

Cake Boss

Banned
Lose 6-1, Norrisson +1 with 29.55 min of ice time.

p0QHO.gif

Jared Cowen

-3 11:58 min!!!

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Imagine if he actually played 18-22min, Franzen would have had 9 goals.

gaming_noob

Lose 6-1, Norrisson +1 with 29.55 min of ice time.

p0QHO.gif

Jared Cowen

-3 11:58 min!!!

TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif
TadkV.gif

Imagine if he actually played 18-22min, Franzen would have had 9 goals.

What would it take to get Cowen on the Leafs? He's going to rebound BIG next year and he's going to be a monster.

Cake Boss

Banned
What would it take to get Cowen on the Leafs? He's going to rebound BIG next year and he's going to be a monster.

Crayon.

I can already see Murray at the warroom this morning " If only we had found that winger for Spezza, we would have been able to score 6 goals and win the hockey game"

Curufinwe

They boo Subban in Philly because of altercations he had with Mike Richards.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/1910/mike-richards-rips-p-k-subban-in-radio-interview

I think it's really dumb. It's not like he injured a Flyer with a dirty hit.

pringles

All I see is a beautiful play by two future franchise players! SICK !

One of these guys was a healthy scratch at the start of the season, the other two were in the AHL:

Jurco: 21 games, 9 points
Tatar: 51 games, 26 points
Nyquist: 35 games, 27 points (10 goals his last 12 games)

Combined +14

These guys and their combined -31 rating were playing tho.

Dan Cleary: 52 games, 8 points
Todd Bertuzzi: 45 games, 12 points
Mikael Samuelsson: 26 games, 3 points

Dat Kenny Holland best GM in the league.

Nice of Lehner to pay respect to the Mule:

Mule who had this to say after the game:
@AnsarKhanMLive said:
Franzen on Neil: "He usually shows up when the games over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there.
He doesnt like to take heat from fans and coaches. He usually steps up when the game is over and shows everyone that he really fights hard."

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

I think he gets boo'd by everyone now. It's because he's cocky, flashy, and mouthy, that doesn't fly in the NHL.

Plus he's black

ShaneB

Offensively stupid makes for entertaining TV. Hence why the TSN panel is so dull.

Agreed, I'll always check out That's Hockey when I can, and even TH2N since I love Kouleas, but the NHL on TSN panel is a complete bore when watching TSN games. I'm a fanboy for Doug MacLean, but other than his time on HC@Noon, I rarely watch any Leafs games that they do, and Hockeycentral at night is I guess the B team, but I still enjoy it. CBC has their own issues, but I'm fine with their panel moreso than TSN, if not just for Ron Maclean and his puns.

Racism's over tho.

:(

Cake Boss meltdowns are probably better than mine. I love it!

All I see is a beautiful play by two future franchise players! SICK !

One of these guys was a healthy scratch at the start of the season, the other two were in the AHL:

Jurco: 21 games, 9 points
Tatar: 51 games, 26 points
Nyquist: 35 games, 27 points (10 goals his last 12 games)

Dat Franchise youth!

Oh and all of the kid line scored yesterday, Teletubby, Jurco, and Tatar.

Fei

That picture. Yuck.

Dreger on Buffalo radio today saying that pretty much everyone is available for the right price, including Myers and Ehrhoff. Of course, he also said the current asking price for Steve Ott is a first+a prospect, so no one will be traded!

Silexx

I really thought the focus on Cowen would distract Cake Boss from his Phillips hate. Alas, nothing stops that train.

If/when Phillips signs with Ottawa, I'm going to trout out a Real Canadian Hero Chris Phillips post I've always wanted to do, but could never find an excuse for.

Edit: looks like Cowen getting scratched for Heritage Classic.

I really thought the focus on Cowen would distract Cake Boss from his Phillips hate. Alas, nothing stops that train.

If/when Phillips signs with Ottawa, I'm going to trout out a Real Canadian Hero Chris Phillips post I've always wanted to do, but could never find an excuse for.

Edit: looks like Cowen getting scratched for Heritage Classic.

I got you CakeBoss

AQlXoK6.gif

Top Bottom