• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2014 |OT| The A on Dustin Brown's jersey stands for Asshole

Listening to Leafs Lunch for the first time.

OH MY FUCKING GOD

Armchair GM's, armchair GM's everywhere.

So pretty much every sports teams fans ever that think they know anything about running a team. Reminds me of people in gaming side acting like they could run Nintendo better than Iwata.

Socreges

Banned
NHL March 2014 |OT| Don't Forget: You're Here Forever (unless you waive your NTC for Edmonton)

Why would Kesler care what the offer was? If he doesn't want to go play for AV he's not going to go even if the Rangers offer the Canucks the moon.
I also did not understand

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Forgot to mention yesterday that Friedman was on the radio in Montreal and asked about this MSL situation and was asked if there was more to it then just the Olympic snub, and he roughly said that he's aware of other factors contributing to it, and it's pretty emotional stuff but he's not going to bring it up right now, but he's sure it will come out to the press eventually. He also said he's known about it for a while now.

Soooooo..........MSL slept with Yzerman's wife.

You can't teach size!!!

iAbgNcWr5RllG.gif

This one is my favourite, it's like half the guys playing NHL 14 with their 6'7 huge players taking runs at guys.

Why would Kesler care what the offer was? If he doesn't want to go play for AV he's not going to go even if the Rangers offer the Canucks the moon.

Would've been a team-first approach but yeah he's going to dictate where he wants to go despite the offers.

Kesler and Tanev will play, Lack starts. So the line-up is basically 100% healthy:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Richardson-Kassian
Sestito-Schroeder-Dalpe
Lain

Hamhuis-Tanev
Garrison-Edler
Stanton-Bieksa
Diaz

Lack
Luongo

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lack starting again? Is Luongo injured too or what?

Wooo for a healthy defense again finally.

Red_Man

There is a crapload of talk for Kesler right now. Told that just about half the league has inquired.
Hopefully this makes trade Center actually interesting this year.

Red_Man

NBC's Pierre McGuire says don't discount the Habs in the Ryan Kesler sweepstakes. #Canucks #Canadiens

Lol wut. It's Pierre though, so this is all just baseless assumption.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Kesler also plays RW which is probably what the Pens' reason for interest was with Dupuis out.

Kunitz-Crosby-Kesler ew.

Pens have barely any cap space so they'd have to shed a bit of salary to get Kesler. Sutter makes around $2M and they have some decent prospects. I don't know if Sutter has a ceiling of being a 2C or 1C though. A team with Crosby, Malkin, and Kesler would be terrifying.

I'm a bit surprised it's come to this though. Kesler is the Canucks' future 1C when Henrik gets older, not the impetus for a retool/rebuild. But he is their best trade asset along with Edler so the return should be substantial.

If Gillis pulls it off he'll keep his job. I highly doubt he'd get fleeced considering how stubborn he is with trades, but if nothing of note happens at the deadline Gillis is gone after this year.

Next week should be interesting.

I think he will be because....A) Buffalo wants to trade him. B) There are a limited number of teams interested. Other than the Blues, the word is Minnesota and Washington. The Wild need more than a goaltender, so why would they outbid other teams. Washington is a wild card. Armstrong has a history of getting his man, and the Blues have the resources to make it happen. Plus, the Blues probably give Miller the best opportunity to win and re-sign, so that would seem to make it lean in that direction as well. The Sabres are on the record saying that Miller has been a "good solider" and they want to help him.

by jrutherford 12:35 PM

JR doesn't usually speak to trades, but he's our best beatwriter by a mile. Caught nothing of Bouwmeester last year. Still think the offer is much lower than what Buffalo has been asking.

Silexx

Apparently, Chris Phillips is representing himself in his contract talks with Ottawa. His agent his JP Barry. Phillips is clearly a smart man. I'm betting he stays.

Cake Boss

Banned
To acquire Phillips, Boston would likely have to surrender a top prospect and a draft pick. Current Providence Bruins forward Ryan Spooner, who has played 22 games for Boston this season, could be the prospect to seal the deal, but it's unlikely the Bruins would part ways with the talented forward.

Philips wants a 2 year contract, the Sens offered just for 1 year

Lebrun.

Oh man oh man oh man oh man the dream is becoming a reality.

Lol if we can fleece Boston for a top prospect.

Top Bottom