• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm just frustrated man... I'm tired. This feeling aches my whole body. I just wanna be happy man. :(

This is absolutely the worst season in a very long time.

Ohh I feel so low.
You must not have been watching much during the Gauthier age. It was worse than this, except for we had reprieve by January. We're almost at that point now.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Marvie, you're gonna need to come and redeem your bandwagon ass fans next time. Shit was near Penguins tier.

In lieu of talking about how much Justin St. Pierre seems to love fucking us over in games he's officiated over the last couple of years, I'll instead just say that the penalty kill flat out can't give up 3 goals and expect to win. Way to squander a night where we went perfect on the power play.

Also, this is now two times in a row that we've faced Stanley Cup Finals tier opponents (Kings, Blackhawks) and rallied back from two goal deficits to take the lead late into the 3rd period only to blow it in the end. It's ridiculously frustrating watching this team constantly be almost great.

Merguson

Banned
This has been mentioned before but it seems like a certainty that Andi Petrillo will be the new Leafs Lunch host (12-1pm) with rotating co-hosts in Dreger, McKenzie and LeBrun. Regular contributions from Craig Button and Dave Poplin.

I like Andi so I'll listen. It could be worse I suppose.. Like Poulin hosting or something.

Red_Man

From Tony regarding the rift between Therrien & Subban + team

It's been brewing for a while. And, its going to get uglier. Trust me on this one...
Tony has actual ties in the locker room, if he's making comments like this he knows something we don't yet

Red_Man

Habs: Civil War.
What? Stop trying to push this inter team feud.

More like they're tired of this piece of shit coach who gives more ice time to guys like DD and Weise.

Saw PK's collapse and Colorado's goal.

Therrien is a bum, but that's a pretty brutal play by Subban. I can see why he was called out.
He lost an edge, not to mention no one came back to cover the player. Shit happens, he's far and away this teams best player this season. Therrien should have kept this behind closed doors regardless. Throwing him under the bus is a bitch move, particularly when he has covered for Veterans like Markov who have made more blatant, game losing mistakes.

I feel somethings about to blow in that Montreal Locker room. It really feels like the guys don't actually trust each other on the ice. I'm not happy with the coaches comments about PK. There's definitely something between those two

zroid

Banned
This has been mentioned before but it seems like a certainty that Andi Petrillo will be the new Leafs Lunch host (12-1pm) with rotating co-hosts in Dreger, McKenzie and LeBrun. Regular contributions from Craig Button and Dave Poplin.

I like Andi so I'll listen. It could be worse I suppose.. Like Poulin hosting or something.

Apparently will be the first woman to host a sports radio show in Canada. That's pretty cool.

zroid

Banned
This is so true, lol

KIvCKGm.png

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I almost forgot. Those two games against recent Stanley Cup champions where we nearly won and blew it in the end? In both instances we ALSO gave up a hat trick. First to Kopitar, and now to Panarin.

I mean, what are the odds of that?

Marvie_3

Banned
Oh, I almost forgot. Those two games against recent Stanley Cup champions where we nearly won and blew it in the end? In both instances we ALSO gave up a hat trick. First to Kopitar, and now to Panarin.

I mean, what are the odds of that?
Pretty good apparently

I'm pretty new to following the Habs, but this is the first time I'm disgusted with Therrien the Person versus Therrien the Coach. Absolutely unnecessary with the Subban comments.

Wild win back to back games for the first time since the end of December. Score 5 goals back to back for the first time since the middle of December.

Charlie Coyle has six goals in his last 11 games. Tearing that shit up.

It's weird to see the Wild doing well again. At least I can rationalize it now by saying it's just against scrub teams.

Cake Boss

Banned
"It's too bad that an individual mistake cost us the game late in the game," Therrien said.

"We play as a team, and at the end of the game when we don't play as a team, we could be in trouble and this is what happened."

#canadiens Marc Bergevin told his players to play to win and don't be afraid to make mistakes.

:lol

imBask

Banned
I gotta say, It's odd to see the biggest shitshow in the league this year is Montreal and not the usual suspects.

nah, we're the biggets shitshow BECAUSE we're not the usual suspect, we're used to see this kind of crap from Edmonton and Toronto... We have no business hanging with these losers

nah, we're the biggets shitshow BECAUSE we're not the usual suspect, we're used to see this kind of crap from Edmonton and Toronto... We have no business hanging with these losers

I don't know, seems like you fit right in. The lounge at the bottom of the cliff has plenty of parking for 18-wheelers.

imBask

Banned
I don't know, seems like you fit right in. The lounge at the bottom of the cliff has plenty of parking for 18-wheelers.

I honestly still think we have a decent team. Subban, Price, Gallagher, Pacioretty and even Galchenyuk is a pretty good core compared to the Toronto "who the fuck are these guys" and the Edmonton Busts

No kidding. I thought Montreal knew what they were doing but after this year, it's clear you guys need a lot of changes, both on and off the ice (Mostly off though).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, the Rangers beat writers are all calling for the team to go for another starfucking trade for a rental forward this morning. Brooksie leading the charge for Eric Staal. These fucking guys.

Top Bottom