• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Merguson

Banned
Naylor and Landsberg are both on Leafs Lunch.

They might be officially announcing the changes in the programming/tsn radio.

Edit: Yeah they are

Now can they fire whoever is in charge of the podcasts? They're so bad at pushing podcasts out.

Only the 16th has been released this week for Leafs Lunch, for example. No 15th or 17th.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The thing that makes me extra pissed about how last night ended up is that I know we're going to lose to the fucking Leafs tonight.

Curufinwe

glPbNOb.png

we're DOMINATING you guys

EDIT: wait how the fuck did you lose 12 time in OT

That includes three shootout losses.

Yawnier

Banned
Now can they fire whoever is in charge of the podcasts? They're so bad at pushing podcasts out.

Only the 16th has been released this week for Leafs Lunch, for example. No 15th or 17th.

I use a podcast app on my phone and had noticed that there are random podcasts that are missing. The one from the 12th (last friday) is missing too

Quick

Banned
Need a summary on this Habs radio meltdown you're all talking about.

I just saw that Periscope video. I assume that summarizes things?

holy shit, Firebirds owner and new coach are being sanctioned by the OHL

OHL 'aint fucking around:

Thursday February 18, 2016
Toronto – The Ontario League takes the health and well being of our players very seriously. The recent actions by the owner of the Flint Firebirds Rolf Nilsen and his representatives on the management team and coaching staff is of great concern as they pose a serious threat to our commitment to our players and their families.
The league announces the following sanctions effective immediately:
Mr Nilsen and his appointees on the management and coaching staff including Sergei Kharin are suspended from Flint Firebirds’ hockey operations until further notice;
The Flint Firebirds at their cost, under the direction of the League, shall provide counselling services for players;
Rolf Nilsen and representatives of the Flint Firebirds shall co-operate with the Commissioner and the League in investigations into the conduct and actions of the Flint Firebirds and its representatives, employees, officers and directors;
In addition, the League will continue to investigate the actions of Rolf Nilsen and other representatives of the Flint Firebirds and will take any action and impose any sanctions that are deemed appropriate by the Commissioner.
Later today, the League will be meeting with the players in Flint to further discuss the situation, and to ensure that they are provided the appropriate supports. These discussions and supports will be ongoing for the players and their families.

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/article/statement-from-ohl-commissioner-david-branch_167558

trifelife

The Habs have been good for a while/will be good when they get Price back next year. You boys on here are overly dramatic TBH. Like, one down year and a decent draft pick... no need for... Beatles lyrics and shit.

glPbNOb.png

we're DOMINATING you guys

EDIT: wait how the fuck did you lose 12 time in OT

Canucks were never going to be good. Last year was an aberration due to LA and SJ underachieving.

It's too bad Edmonton didn't get it together and Calgary regressed hard. We really should be in the Pacific basement.

The Habs have been good for a while/will be good when they get Price back next year. You boys on here are overly dramatic TBH. Like, one down year and a decent draft pick... no need for... Beatles lyrics and shit.

If you can't win at least half of your games with some league average goaltending then you're not even close to ready.

Lourio

Need a summary on this Habs radio meltdown you're all talking about.

I just saw that Periscope video. I assume that summarizes things?

Pretty much, One of the major french newspapers here in Montreal had a bullshit front page article saying 'another loss... without a francophone' (Desharnais). Tony Marinaro reads this on the air and goes ape shit.

Typical french political bullshit.

ShaneB

I'm reading "How Music Got Free: The End of an Industry, the Turn of the Century, and the Patient Zero of Piracy" by Stephen Witt, and found it incredibly fascinating how it was the NHL that had such a massive hand in getting the MP3 format off of life support.

I'll post the full paragraph later sometime.

Socreges

Banned
Can't believe the Wild "passed" us. I have to assume they have much lower odds of sadness because they will likely challenge for a playoff spot, not that they will have a top 5 pick.
Yes, that is the case. They're in a good position to take over either wild card spot.

I like how a site that just calculates the remaining permutations to determine who gets a playoff spot and who doesn't has the Avs outside now simply due to our games in hand :(

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Western.html

We've played 3 more games than Minnesota/Nashville and 4 more than Arizona, the way I see it we're not in a playoff spot right now. They just need to start winning and ignore what the other teams are doing, they have played like shit post-break.

Canucks were never going to be good. Last year was an aberration due to LA and SJ underachieving.

It's too bad Edmonton didn't get it together and Calgary regressed hard. We really should be in the Pacific basement.

You want to know the sad part? Of all the Canadian teams you still have the best chance of making the playoffs at 10.7%.

Solo

I think the Habs have a great chance of a Top 5 pick. Yes, that SADNESS chart doesnt paint a pretty picture, but you'd have to think that if their winning % of the past 2.5 months hold for the remainder of the season, they are headed straight for the cellar.

Entropia

No One Remembers
CbgklWcUAAAA4MK.png

All these teams passing us! :D

This chart is so horrible.

Is Montreal's 75% chance indicative of them missing the playoffs by a lesser margin and thus not getting a top 5 pick?

How does Toronto have a 52% chance at... whatever this is supposed to mean but Carolina has a 47% chance even though they're 2 points out of a wild card spot? How is Buffalos so low compared to Toronto even though Toronto has the fewest points in the league?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This chart is so horrible.

Is Montreal's 75% chance indicative of them missing the playoffs by a lesser margin and thus not getting a top 5 pick?

yes

How does Toronto have a 52% chance at... whatever this is supposed to mean

because

but Carolina has a 47% chance even though they're 2 points out of a wild card spot?

Carolina has a higher chance of still making the playoffs = lower chance of "sadness"

How is Buffalos so low compared to Toronto even though Toronto has the fewest points in the league?

Because Buffalo has 3 games more played than the Leafs and only 4 points more, so if the Leafs get 66% of points they tie the Sabres. Not entirely realistic but it is what it is. If the Leafs lose their next game they'll likely "pass" the Sabres and their sadness% will drop more.

fallout

Can't believe the Wild "passed" us. I have to assume they have much lower odds of sadness because they will likely challenge for a playoff spot, not that they will have a top 5 pick.
... but calder, the Jets aren't tanking.

That would be dishonourable.

... *cough*

Top Bottom