• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

zroid

Banned
Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Cblj6HpUcAEvc-D.png
Cblj6I_UMAIFqNM.png

:lol

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'd give up JVR and Gards for Subban. No idea if that would get it done, but I'd do it.

I would part with JVR but not Gardiner.

Maybe something like JVR, Komarov, one of: timashov/bracco/johnson, 2nd round pick, late pick...

Komarov option to switch with kadri but he may get expensive very quickly, and the prospects i chose were very good F prospects which I'd probably get upset at trading and regret it immediately

zroid

Banned
This is obviously just fantasy, but keep in mind that Subban is the 2nd best defenceman in the league. It's going to take a lot to pry him away. Something like the Leafs 1st pick in 2016 + Gardiner is realistic.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
man that "I'm in love with another woman" thread is shit

NO YOU'RE NOT IN LOVE

DON'T SEND SOMEONE NOT YOUR WIFE FLOWERS FOR VALENTINE'S DAY AND EXPECT THINGS TO BE OKAY

Yawnier

Banned

Maybe something like JVR, Komarov, one of: timashov/bracco/johnson, 2nd round pick, late pick...

Komarov option to switch with kadri but he may get expensive very quickly, and the prospects i chose were very good F prospects which I'd probably get upset at trading and regret it immediately

You'd be willing to trade Jeremy Bracco? :eek:

Woowowowow

This is obviously just fantasy, but keep in mind that Subban is the 2nd best defenceman in the league. It's going to take a lot to pry him away. Something like the Leafs 1st pick in 2016 + Gardiner is realistic.

Do you think they'd want picks, or just good players now? Clock is ticking on Price.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

You think that would land Subban?

DopeyFish

You'd be willing to trade Jeremy Bracco?

Woowowowow

And I know he's going to be a very good NHL player. I think even on our prospect list he's being ridiculously underrated because his skill set is so damn unique and suited to his size.

But I had to choose him to show i'm being serious since I value him so highly.

pls take timashov or johnson ;_;

You think that would land Subban?

Probably not, but it is close to fair. Though it would probably cost a bit more in the real world, like 2 of the 3 prospects i named... which then makes me extremely uncomfortable and I'd probably say no if i were the leafs

zroid

Banned
Do you think they'd want picks, or just good players now? Clock is ticking on Price.

Probably don't want picks but the Leafs 1st in 2016 is likely a guy who can step in right away if it ends up being Matthews or one of the Finns. In that case you get a top 6 forward on an ELC which is very valuable.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Let's just review;

A Norris Trophy winner for one top 6 forward, a third/fourth liner, a B level prospect, and a 2nd round pick.

Sounds legit.

Probably don't want picks but the Leafs 1st in 2016 is likely a guy who can step in right away if it ends up being Matthews or one of the Finns. In that case you get a top 6 forward on an ELC which is very valuable.

There's no way I'd trade our first for anybody whose name doesn't end in avid or chle

DopeyFish

Would you guys put down the crack pipe Subban isn't being traded to the Leafs.

I did say we didn't have the assets for the trade earlier.

Expectation will be a high first and good prospect or a low first and top end prospect... and our first and top end prospects are way too fucking good for any trade for a high paid asset and we're at the start of our rebuild and our firsts for the next few years are too risky.

Yawnier

Banned
And I know he's going to be a very good NHL player. I think even on our prospect list he's being ridiculously underrated because his skill set is so damn unique and suited to his size.

But I had to choose him to show i'm being serious since I value him so highly.

pls take timashov or johnson ;_;

I've only caught a few kitchener rangers games on TV this year, but Bracco's lateral movement/skating and how he disrupts the other teams defense when he enters the offensive zone is fun to watch. I'm still skeptical how and if he will translate into a good player in the AHL/NHL though.

Chris R

Just now seeing Trudeau's response to Obama, dude needs to step his game up a bit, but then again I guess Obama's had a little bit more time to master the art of the burn.

It'd be tough to part with but that's probably what it'd take roughly. I mean unless Bergevin is dumb. :p

Nah, JVR and Gards is probably about as good as anybody else would offer. I'm not saying there aren't better players out there, it's just that it starts to look like a lateral move.

DopeyFish

I've only caught a few kitchener rangers games on TV this year, but Bracco's lateral movement/skating and how he disrupts the other teams defense when he enters the offensive zone is fun to watch. I'm still skeptical how and if he will translate into a good player in the AHL/NHL though.

There's one player who skated sort of like him and his name was jeff skinner

To me he was proof that NHL players had a difficult time dealing with that kind of skating because you can't easily predict where he's going

I think bracco's skating is more impactful than skinners too

I highly doubt Bergevin would make any major roster changes before bringing in a new head coach.

But if he did decide PK had to go, Edmonton seems like a decent trading partner. Would RNH and Edmonton's 2016 1st round pick work? If not RNH, Draisaitl?

I highly doubt Bergevin would make any major roster changes before bringing in a new head coach.

But if he did decide PK had to, Edmonton seems like a decent trading partner. Would RNH and Edmonton's 2016 st round pick work? If not RNH, Draisaitl?

I also think Edmonton is probably the likeliest destination. They have a huge need for D and have plenty of forwards to send back.

Top Bottom