• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Silexx

Yeah doesn't happen that often, I remember the Leafs trading up to #5 and wasting that pick on Schenn.

Fun fact: Karlsson was the 7th D taken in that draft.

That was such an amazing draft. I still laugh at the memory of Pierre MacGuire yelling to the Ottawa crowd confused by the Karlsson pick: 'Don't worry, he's good!'

Cake Boss

Banned
That was such an amazing draft. I still laugh at the memory of Pierre MacGuire yelling to the Ottawa crowd confused by the Karlsson pick: 'Don't worry, he's good!'

The only good 1st rounder we have drafted that turned into something.

So much for our overrated scouts.

Edit: This Chris Milan knuckles guy sounds like a total fucking idiot. Blaming everything on Pretend Karlsson.

The only good 1st rounder we have drafted that turned into something.

So much for our overrated scouts.

Edit: This Chris Milan knuckles guy sounds like a total fucking idiot. Blaming everything on Pretend Karlsson.

Chris Nilan was Brandon Prust Before Brandon Prust was ever born.

iLLmAtlc

That seems unusual to me, although I'm ignorant about the particulars of NHL contracts. Is it normal for a NTC to kick in 2 years into a contract? Seems like that sort of thing would typically start day 1.

RFAs don't get NTC protection, so I think this summer was when he was slated to become an UFA. First year he's allowed to have one.

Silexx

Canes drafted Zach Boychuk one pick before the Snes took Karlsson.

Talk about picks haunting you years later.

If we're talking hindsight, you could argue that every team who picked after Tampa and before Ottawa can be 'haunted' by those picks. :p

Syrinx

If we're talking hindsight, you could argue that every team who picked after Tampa and before Ottawa can be 'haunted' by those picks. :p

*looks up 2008 draft*

You weren't kidding. Though I doubt the Kings and Blues regret Doughty and Pietrangelo respectively.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah, LA have already won two Cups with Doughty. They would have zero regrets.

Same for the Canucks. Hodgson turned into Kassian and Kassian turned into Prust and Prust turned into %+/*#&&!?? ah fuck spilled milk on my phone I'll finish that sentence later

Calamari41

41 > 38
One of my dogs, the one who had lymphoma, just passed away.....

Man, I was hoping so bad to see her again...

I'm really sorry to hear that, Pikma. Sounds like it was a long battle, so hopefully it means she's in a better place and it was for the best.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What were you expecting?

it's not about what I was expecting, but about what I was hoping for

blatant, targeted elbow to the head when he could've made a much safer play, he chose to do the one that has the highest chance of injury and his punishment is,...... 3 games

good job

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
LOL what a fucking joke

By the standard of NHL suspensions, it's about right and what I expected (to be honest I was actually expecting 2).

By the standard of what should reasonably be expected if anybody actually gave a shit about truly eliminating that kind of play from the game, it's woefully inadequate. So, like I said, about right for the NHL.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, just saw that the KHL regular season is over. Time to start rooting for SKA to lose! Buchnevich could be a nasty secret weapon for the playoffs. Kind of like Kreider in 2012.

Bah. They need to update their standards. Star players are their commodity. Crosby was by far and away the best player in the world before his concussions 5 years ago. Nash hasn't been the same after concussions, it'd be a shame if the same thing happened to McDonagh. Anyone who goes out of their way to give someone a concussion (which I'd say is very different than someone who was careless) should get the book thrown at them. Give 'em 20-30 games. Intentionally throwing your elbow into someone's head should be no different than Dale Hunter drilling Pierre Turgeon after scoring a big goal IMO (he got 21 games for that back in '93).

Bah. They need to update their standards. Star players are their commodity. Crosby was by far and away the best player in the world before his concussions 5 years ago. Nash hasn't been the same after concussions, it'd be a shame if the same thing happened to McDonagh. Anyone who goes out of their way to give someone a concussion (which I'd say is very different than someone who was careless) should get the book thrown at them. Give 'em 20-30 games. Intentionally throwing your elbow into someone's head should be no different than Dale Hunter drilling Pierre Turgeon after scoring a big goal IMO (he got 21 games for that back in '93).

This is a lot harder to establish than you'd think.

Keith elbowed Daniel and got 5 meaningless games at the end of the season. Meanwhile Daniel sat by and watched the Canucks go down 3-0 to the Kings before returning, and went about 3 years before playing at a pre-concussion level.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I think we're onto something boys

giphy.gif

PK? Dressed like Pk

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Desharnais being out is the worst thing that could happen to the tank. watch them go on some bullshit winning streak now to fuck us right into 9th place.

The Subban shit is dumb. He's not going anywhere.

I would part with JVR but not Gardiner.

Maybe something like JVR, Komarov, one of: timashov/bracco/johnson, 2nd round pick, late pick...

Komarov option to switch with kadri but he may get expensive very quickly, and the prospects i chose were very good F prospects which I'd probably get upset at trading and regret it immediately
Lmfao

Are you nuts? The only way the Leafs could possibly get Subban would involve a mix of Rielly / Nylander / Marner / 1st pick. JVR & Komarov? If it was anyone else I would say you're trolling, but you legitimately believe that could be a possibility.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Lmfao

Are you nuts? The only way the Blackhawks could possibly get Shea Weber would involve a mix of Keith / Toews / Kane / 1st pick. Byfuglien & Bolland? If it was anyone else I would say you're trolling, but you legitimately believe that could be a possibility.

Yeah, i'd never trust you around top prospects of any kind.

(decided to take a rough snapshot of what it would be like from the perspective of a blackhawks fan in 2008 if a trade for weber popped up)

Top Bottom