• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Cake Boss

Banned
Wow watch Greening return a draft pick that All Bran couldnt ever get for him.

Edit: Oh look managment is being dumb again and looking at trading Weirdcock and Prince instead of looking to sell high on Smith, Neil and Boroshit.

Edit: Oh look managment is being dumb again and looking at trading Weirdcock and Prince instead of looking to sell high on Smith, Neil and Boroshit.

I'll take Weriddick over Gilbert any day

Give you a 2017 pick for him

Samyy

I'll give you 2nd for Weirdcock

Poor Acid is probably still asleep
RIP ACID

When Acid Wakes up:

gcRMr6.gif

So yesterday I posted about how the NHL returned 4000 tickets to the Stadium Series game to the Wild last week, last minute, to get the Wild to sell for the NHL. Didn't work. Yesterday's game was only the 2nd out of 17 outdoor NHL games to not sell-out.

Conspiracy theories say that Bettman/NHL did it on purpose to later say the Wild didn't sell out their Stadium Series game as proof that a Winter Classic won't work.

Here is a quote from Bettman during the game:
NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman said Sunday’s Stadium Series game was “everything we hoped for, including an overcast sky,” a reference to the fact that direct sunlight can cause ice problems.

Asked if a Winter Classic on New Year’s Day could be on the horizon in Minnesota, Bettman said: “I think too much is made of the difference between the Winter Classic and the [Stadium Series] game. I think if you asked the 50,000-plus people here today, they couldn’t tell you the difference. They’re just having a great time being here.”

It's obvious the Wild aren't ever going to get a Winter Classic. Has to stay with O6 + East Coast teams because nobody else can handle it, clearly.

imBask

Banned
if the leafs end up fucking up a lot with their billion draft picks, it'll be hilarious for everyone else in the league

I dont understand the trade from San Jose's perspective. Polak is a 5/6 and Spaling is a marginal 3C. Given that San Jose will be hitting the rebuild itself in a few years, wouldn't it have been better to hold on to those picks? Or is their system already loaded?

For the Leafs, those 3rds they have to give up for Babcock and Lou are accounted for now.

zroid

Banned
I dont understand the trade from San Jose's perspective. Polak is a 5/6 and Spaling is a marginal 3C. Given that San Jose will be hitting the rebuild itself in a few years, wouldn't it have been better to hold on to those picks? Or is their system already loaded?

For the Leafs, those 3rds they have to give up for Babcock and Lou are accounted for now.
no one will ever understand deadline deals

also Polak is too overvalued around the league, it's hard to appreciate why when you watch him night after night.

Yawnier

Banned
2 second round picks for Polak and Spaling! Woooooooooooo

Good job Lou, get those picks for Mark Hunter.

Percy and Leipsic are getting called up
Fuck the Leafs might actually get better after the deadline
Be good that Percy is getting another look at the nhl level. Could be his last chance

zroid

Banned
I know this just happened with someone during the phaneuf trade, but I forget how it works. Anyone have the article from that one explaining it
There isn't a whole lot to explain I don't think. Leafs own the contract and the cap hit (~$1.1M when buried), but the actual salary payment is flexible. Either party can pay all or some. I assume Leafs will pay all of it in this case.

zroid

Banned
Doug Wilson is off his fucking rocker. God I'm so happy Polak is gone.

I'm pretty content they are 2017 and 2018 second rounders too actually, since they already have like 12 picks for this upcoming draft in june.

I wouldn't mind one more 2nd in 2016 tho... maybe for PAP

actually if fuckin Polak and Spaling can get two 2nds, maybe PAP will get a 2nd + 4th or some shit

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Buchnevich Watch 2016 continues...

Marie Lehmann ‏@svtlehmann 14m 14 minutes ago

Marie Lehmann Retweeted Чемпионат

SKA St Petersburg captain Ilya Kovalchuk dismissed from team and won't play tomorrow. No words yet on his future.

6ADLV4r.gif

Tank, SKA, tank!

yyzjohn

Banned
Doug Wilson is off his fucking rocker. God I'm so happy Polak is gone.

I'm pretty content they are 2017 and 2018 second rounders too actually, since they already have like 12 picks for this upcoming draft in june.

But San Jose is loading up for their Stanley Cup Run* this year.

* - to be over after first round.

yyzjohn

Banned
PAP is the one rental guy that I'll be sad to see go. He's been a pleasant surprise this year.

Wonder who else is getting dealt before next week.

Potentials:
Parenteau
Hunwick
Grabner

Longer shot:
Bozak
Lupul

Who the hell knows:
Anyone else not named Rielly

Cactus

Banned

Potentials:
Parenteau
Hunwick
Grabner

Longer shot:
Bozak
Lupul

Who the hell knows:

I think the only definite is PAP.

Maybe: Reimer, Grabner

PLEASE: Hunwick, Winnik

...and Greening has been playing surprisingly well since he got here. Doubt any other team will bite at this point, though.

Yawnier

Banned
I wouldn't mind one more 2nd in 2016 tho... maybe for PAP

actually if fuckin Polak and Spaling can get two 2nds, maybe PAP will get a 2nd + 4th or some shit

Wouldn't mind another 1st or 2nd for this year either, but I won't get greedy lol.

Potentials:
Parenteau
Hunwick
Grabner

Longer shot:
Bozak
Lupul

Who the hell knows:

Peter Holland's name was out there last week too, apparently the leafs and penguins had discussions on him.

They can also probably recoup a mid to late pick (4th to 6th) for Brad Boyes, he has had good production considering his TOI most games. Babcock should have played him more

Top Bottom