• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

zroid

Banned
...and Greening has been playing surprisingly well since he got here. Doubt any other team will bite at this point, though.

Yeah however well he plays before the deadline, there won't be enough sample size for someone to take on that $3M for another year

But I do think if he keeps performing this year there's a chance he gets moved at the draft or in the summer

yyzjohn

Banned
I think Kadri and Bernier can be traded. I don't see Reimer being the guy going TBH.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised at any trade at this point with the exception of guys thought of in the future plans like Rielly (and the guys currently in the minors Nylander/Marner/Brown etc)

Cactus

Banned
I think Kadri and Bernier can be traded. I don't see Reimer being the guy going TBH.

It's possible, but Bernier's value is lower than ever right now. Might as well keep him and see if he can rebound next season.

I like Reimer, but he's a good trade chip. IMO either you sign him or trade him, and I don't think I would feel comfortable doing the former.

zroid

Banned
I... I think these are the best D pairings the Leafs have had all season?

P6SMX80.png

We need to get Cowen into the top 6 to get the tank back on the rails

Dutch Gretzky is worth.....:

David Pagnotta
‏@TheFourthPeriod
Asking price on Weise is believed to be a 2nd and a 3rd round pick.

@svtlehmann Marie Lehmann Retweeted Чминт
SKA St Petersburg captain Ilya Kovalchuk dismissed from team and won't play tomorrow. No words yet on his future.

BAW GOD THAT'S KOVALCHUK's MUSIC, KING! WHAT'S HE DOING IN THE DEVILS IMPACT ZONE?

yyzjohn

Banned
Totally off topic but I heard Dreger on the radio the other day saying he doesn't read his Twitter mentions. Then a few minutes later he mentioned how people would give him heck about "any inside scoops from your cousin Nonis?". I laughed.

Quick

Banned

edit: I can tolerate Dreger but Button needs to f off

Lou on Raffi:

What is the logic with leaving Raffi Torres with the Sharks organization?

I think it's simple, I think we're extremely comfortable with the people we have in the Marlies and I don't think a veteran going into the Marlies right now is the right thing. That's nothing against Raffi, I think the chemistry there is perfect and, once again, it has nothing to do with the individual. I don't know him personally. I just felt that this was a transaction that was part of what we were trying to accomplish and I don't think that there is a role for him right now. He is certainly not playing-ready for the NHL and in our opinion, my opinion specifically -- it was part of the transaction that he would remain in the minor league team in San Jose

Yawnier

Banned
25 years old - dat veteran presence.

Also just realized that with Phagoof gone, Gardiner is the last defensemen on the leafs who played in that playoff series in 2013 against the bruins.

Phagoof, Franson, Gunnar, Liles, Fraser, Holzer, etc. - all gone.

Syrinx

Much as I would like to see the Canes make a playoff rin, it's getting very hard to justify not trading our pending UFAs. I wager if we lose to Philly tomorrow the fire sale will begin.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Found on the tweet machine:
m4M2g5L.png

That's the instant before Kreider swooped in to save that puck and send it up the other way for the GWG last night.

Meanwhile, still no Nash or McDonagh at practice today.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
PAP said he hopes even if he's traded that he can come back to the Leafs after the season.

That would be the best.

Yawnier

Banned
William Nylander, the team’s top prospect, admitted he was keeping an eye on the deadline deals in the hopes it would open up a spot with the Leafs.

"Yeah, I mean, you're always looking forward and trying to get a call-up," Nylander said on Saturday. "You try not to focus on that, but that's the way it goes. Whatever happens, you're ready for anything."

ronswansongiddy.gif

zroid

Banned
Willie needs to stop worrying about the Leafs and focus on his current job

if he finishes with fewer points than Rantanen I'm gonna label him a bust

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
McDonagh hopped on the ice in full gear as practice was winding down. So that's a good sign.

Shawn McKenzie Verified account @ShawnMcKenzieSN

Babcock on watching the Marlies play "I saw more plays in 4 shifts than I saw in a week here"
Babcock is a soundbite machine lately. :D

Entropia

No One Remembers
Much as I would like to see the Canes make a playoff rin, it's getting very hard to justify not trading our pending UFAs. I wager if we lose to Philly tomorrow the fire sale will begin.

Yeah, all of our games leading up to the 29th are pretty important.

I say see how our next 3 games go (PHI, TOR, BOS) and then decide.

If we lose to PHI and TOR, then we are fucked.

If we win all three, let's make a run to the playoffs!

Trade market is so weird. Plenty of decent depth players have cleared waivers over the past few weeks, and then you have second rounders being traded to Toronto. Then again San Jose traded a first for Martin Jones.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Ryan McDonagh ruled out for tomorrow in Newark but will travel with the team and may play later this week in St. Louis or Dallas.

Yawnier

Banned
Trade market is so weird. Plenty of decent depth players have cleared waivers over the past few weeks, and then you have second rounders being traded to Toronto. Then again San Jose traded a first for Martin Jones.

I find Doug Wilson trading a few higher draft picks over the last year pretty weird.

I always thought he had the rep of being one of the stingiest and hardest GMs to work with in the NHL. (cough Toskala trade cough)

I find Doug Wilson trading a few higher draft picks over the last year pretty weird.

I always thought he had the rep of being one of the stingiest and hardest GMs to work with in the NHL. (cough Toskala trade cough)

He's in George McPhee I need to save my job mode.

LevelNth

Banned
I'd never sign with the Leafs if I were a marginally good player, you're always trade deadline bait.
Ice time = opportunity = chance to showcase yourself.

PAP was bought out last year and couldn't find a better deal from a team than the $1.1m he got from the Leafs for just a year.

He'll get a better deal next year, and it'll likely be for 2 or more years.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'd never sign with the Leafs if I were a marginally good player, you're always trade deadline bait.

I'd disagree, if I was a marginally good player I'd be kicking the door down to sign with the Leafs for a year. Yes you're trade fodder but they're also doing their best to put you in a great position to continue your career.

Top Bottom