• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Cactus

Banned
I'd be shocked if Hamhuis gets less than Polak.

Although I've leaned never to underestimate the value that GMs of playoff teams place on "grit"

Socreges

Banned
I hope I don't have to eat my words but fuck anything more than that, Nill wouldn't waste shit on a rental like that.
Hamhuis would probably resign with you guys if he were desired, though yeah... no assurance at the time of trade that would happen.

From Friedman:

We’re all waiting for Dale Weise to be traded, and so is he, judging by his quotes earlier this week. But Sportsnet’s Eric Engels reported Monday night that Lars Eller’s name is back on the block.

There were whispers about Chicago, but I wonder how the Blackhawks could make that work under the cap. Columbus makes a lot of sense, as GM Jarmo Kekalainen drafted Eller for St. Louis.

Eller to Chicago..? Hmmm, he'd definitely help

Bautista asking for $150 million over five years.

giphy.gif

Quick

Banned
http://www.tsn.ca/charges-against-aaron-ward-dismissed-1.442082

Aaron Ward is free. I'm assuming he's not coming back to TSN at all. Sportsnet could use more meat heads.

Charges against former TSN Hockey analyst Aaron Ward stemming from an alleged October domestic incident were dismissed on Friday in Wake County, N.C.

Ward, 43, was arrested on Oct. 9, 2015, in Cary, N.C., and charged with two misdemeanours, for assault on a female and interfering with emergency communications. Both charges have been dropped by the Wake County District Attorney’s Office.

“After review of this case and discussions with the victim, it appears that further prosecution is not warranted,” Wake County first assistant district attorney Howard J. Cummings wrote in the dismissal, according to court documents.

"I am deeply humbled by my experience the last few months. I want to thank everyone who has supported and prayed for my family," Ward tweeted Tuesday morning.

Ward played 839 NHL games and won three Stanley Cups, including one in 2006 with the Carolina Hurricanes.

Edmonton Oilers ‏@EdmontonOilers 15m15 minutes ago
"We haven't been good enough, so there will be changes." #Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli, says team will be "sellers"

Hmmm.

Schultz, Purcell and Yakupov I guess.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Multiple reports that Ellers name is out there. He won't be a top six guy, so I'm okay with moving him seeing as we have DLR, but the return needs to be worth it.

Therrien also said it's time to give the kids a chance to play, aka the seasons over. AGally better get back to center asap.

imBask

Banned
I doubt the return will be worth it. GMs aren't dumb... i'm still salty about that stupid Halak trade.

Halak was RED HOT we could've had soooo much more

Red_Man

I doubt the return will be worth it. GMs aren't dumb... i'm still salty about that stupid Halak trade.

Halak was RED HOT we could've had soooo much more
I don't see Bergevin moving him if the return isn't good, and yea Gauthier fucked that Halal trade up so hard it's actually impressive.

Red_Man

i'm still 90% sure this fucking idiot only called 1 team, maybe 2 and took the first deal on the table
McGuire was on Montreal radio a few weeks after the trade and said he'd spoken to multiple GMs and they all said they had no idea Halak was available. He wanted Eller for whatever reason.

Top Bottom