• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

imBask

Banned
Annnnnnnd there it is. Gilbert done for the year.

Can't even tank right.

Edit: Now they're saying it's Bartley coming up lmao what the fuck is going on in Bergevin's office

and Beaulieu got hurt this game, if he's injured we won't be able to trade him

it's all
falling
apart

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Morgan Ellis recalled. Interesting, I remember there being a lot of good things said about him when he was drafted, he's been a late bloomer. Love to see what he can do, he was selected for the AHL all star game anyways. Wonder if this means Gilbert is more than day to day.

This must be what hell feels like

Ellis got fucked over by Lefebvre. From all reports I've read about his time in Hamilton/St. John's, he's consistently been one of their better defencemen, but didn't have the offense to stand out. He should never have been sent down to the ECHL, but I'm not sure what his NHL potential is at this point. He always looked like a better Josh Gorges to me, so probably just a bottom pairing guy, but he can skate and carry the puck.

Yawnier

Banned
Yeah the Habs need to get rid of Sylvain Lefebvre. From most accounts I've seen and heard he has stagnated or partially ruined the development of some of their prospects in St. John's.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah the Habs need to get rid of Sylvain Lefebvre. From most accounts I've seen and heard he has stagnated or partially ruined the development of some of their prospects in St. John's.

Capture1.0.JPG

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stasis

Trade coming sooner than we thought?

There's been mention (Eklund though, thankfully, I hope) that the Rangers may be favorites for Ladd.

I don't... fuck. If we give up a first and a prospect or whatever the fuck for Ladd I just don't even know what to say.

I have a feeling we're moving Kreider too.

what's the deal with Mikael Backlund? is he any good? his stats are nothing impressive
For what its worth I always liked him and thought that he should be a part of Team Sweden.

Depending on your team he can play at different spots in the line lineup. But I really think he is at his true spot when he has a deep (3rd line) center spot. I feel like he can do a good defensive job and at the same time his skills can provide points.

Solo

God the Habs are a shit organization right now. Shit coach, shit GM, mostly shit roster, mostly shit prospects.

imBask

Banned
For what its worth I always liked him and thought that he should be a part of Team Sweden.

Depending on your team he can play at different spots in the line lineup. But I really think he is at his true spot when he has a deep (3rd line) center spot. I feel like he can do a good defensive job and at the same time his skills can provide points.

sounds like a fine young guy, I just don't see why HE would be the prime target for Bergevin right now...

There's been mention (Eklund though, thankfully, I hope) that the Rangers may be favorites for Ladd.

I don't... fuck. If we give up a first and a prospect or whatever the fuck for Ladd I just don't even know what to say.

I have a feeling we're moving Kreider too.

There was talk of Loui Eriksson for Chris Krieder.

A Habs fan worst nightmare....

Ffs apparently Benning said that he expects to see Rödin in the Canucks organisation next year.

He is our (Brynäs) best player and probably the best player in SHL. If he leaves we are fucked.

How likely do Canucks fans think it is that he comes over? He has to want to sign with the Nucks for them to do it right? Or what is his contracts situation now?

How likely do Canucks fans think it is that he comes over? He has to want to sign with the Nucks for them to do it right? Or what is his contracts situation now?

Not a Canucks fan, but I would guess it is almost a sure thing he comes over. I can't recall a single foreign player risking his NHL future by refusing a contract offer.

Iirc, the contract with the Canucks would take effect once his current one ends. He's probably signed the NHL one already.

Not a Canucks fan, but I would guess it is almost a sure thing he comes over. I can't recall a single foreign player risking his NHL future by refusing a contract offer.

Iirc, the contract with the Canucks would take effect once his current one ends. He's probably signed the NHL one already.
Thats what Im wondering. If he has a contracts he most certainly would go over. Look at Vikstrand and the Sens to what could happen otherwise.

The last hope Im clinging on to Is that he feels that he wouldnt want to risk getting stuck in the AHL now that he is an established star and a part of the nationalteam. And therefore would want a one way deal. Which the Nucks would probably not want to give him.

Especially if the Nucks loses the rights to him in a couple of seasons if he dont sign. Then I see it at least as a possibility that he waits for free agency.

But he will probably leave anyway.

Edit: He seems set on leaving if he gets the chance. I guess thats it then :(

Pikma

Banned
So the Stars are apparently interested in Hamhuis...

Hope you enjoy your free 3rd/4th round picks, CanucksGAF.

It's not like we have an idea about how to use them effectively anyway.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So according to Brooks, Keith Yandle is officially off the market. Also some interesting info about a trade with Dallas that I don't think I'd heard any buzz about previously:
Multiple sources report keen interest in the 29-year-old, much of it coming from the Western Conference. Dallas has been dogging the Rangers for weeks. The Blueshirts perhaps would be able to get the Stars’ immensely talented 20-year-old winger Valeri Nichushkin as part of the return package. Such a possibility would surely tempt Rangers general manager Jeff Gorton.

But league sources also say the Blueshirts are no longer signaling Yandle’s availability. No kidding. The Rangers, 7-1-1 in their past nine and 13-5-2, instead appear to be preparing to bulk up for another run at the Stanley Cup that has eluded them since 1994. Subtracting Yandle from the equation would not seem to be in the team’s immediate best interests.
http://nypost.com/2016/02/22/how-keith-yandle-went-from-trade-piece-to-vital-rangers-cog/

Socreges

Banned
Thats what Im wondering. If he has a contracts he most certainly would go over. Look at Vikstrand and the Sens to what could happen otherwise.

The last hope Im clinging on to Is that he feels that he wouldnt want to risk getting stuck in the AHL now that he is an established star and a part of the nationalteam. And therefore would want a one way deal. Which the Nucks would probably not want to give him.

Especially if the Nucks loses the rights to him in a couple of seasons if he dont sign. Then I see it at least as a possibility that he waits for free agency.

But he will probably leave anyway.

Edit: He seems set on leaving if he gets the chance. I guess thats it then :(
:( alexthekid

When is he supposed to return from his injury?

So the Stars are apparently interested in Hamhuis...

Hope you enjoy your free 3rd/4th round picks, CanucksGAF.

It's not like we have an idea about how to use them effectively anyway.
Hamhuis will get a better return than that.

Top Bottom