• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

At first I was impressed that Markstrom made it as #2, but then I realized that Sweden, outside of Lundqvist, has never really produced great goalies. Finland is much better at producing goalies for some reason.
Yeah we still have a lot of problems in producing the top talent goalies. But at least we are catching up with Finland. At least we have a bunch of goalies in NHL clubs now. Something we never had in the past.

I still think Markström is a good pick. We wont go anywhere without Lundqvist. But if he gets injured I feel like Markström is more likely to steal one game (which is what we need). Than the others. But he is also much more prone to shit the bed compared to Enroth or someone.
But being "good" wont take us anywhere if we would meet Canada. We need amazing.

zroid

Banned
I don't know why but this made me lol

Fl6G1Hi.png

iLLmAtlc

I don't know why but this made me lol

Fl6G1Hi.png

it's probably because mean gene is so quirky

So yeah I'm not sure if the Nucks have admitted it, but it looks like the drive for 9th is on. They probably believe they can still catch the Wild and Avalanche with the games in hand, especially with the Flames throwing in the towel. That's the only reason I can think of for not taking whatever it is the hell Dallas/Chicago was offering minutes before the deadline -- it was worth more to them to gamble for playoffs than getting a pick. =/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Eric looked crazy nervous in the warmups. Kept to himself most of the time and didn't do much.

This must be such a weird experience for him.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah we still have a lot of problems in producing the top talent goalies. But at least we are catching up with Finland. At least we have a bunch of goalies in NHL clubs now. Something we never had in the past.

I still think Markström is a good pick. We wont go anywhere without Lundqvist. But if he gets injured I feel like Markström is more likely to steal one game (which is what we need). Than the others. But he is also much more prone to shit the bed compared to Enroth or someone.
But being "good" wont take us anywhere if we would meet Canada. We need amazing.
I was down on Markstrom when he was first traded here, but he's really honed the mental side of his game. He's been solid this season. Hoping he can get 40 or so games next season as Miller is transitioned out.

eyeless

i have no reason to be expecting willie to hit the ground running and be dope right away when so many great players take a while to get going, but it'd be a weird conflicted feeling if he gets a game winning goal or something, hopefully if he's gonna be getting points it is in a losing effort #tanknation

but i don't know if i'll have to worry about that considering they have grabner and hyman playing on his wings and the team's a tire fire, i remember being annoyed with grabner being an offensive blackhole in the preseason playing with willie

interesting also that according to that graphic earlier anyway he's stepping in at center and not being 'eased in' on the wing like is often the case

Good for Willy, Kap, Hyman and Sosh. I honestly believed we wouldn't see the kids up until next year, given what Shanny and Dubas had been saying but I gotta say I'm excited to see what they can do.

Top Bottom