• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

Think of this greasy line

Matteau McCarron Brown

photo.jpg

ryan299

I'm laughing at Yzerman's comments about Drouin coming back. Realized that he's losing Stamkos.

Bergevin looks a bit like Andy Serkis there.

He'll be trade bait next year.

You mean Boedker? Trade bait? He's UFA in July. You'll have to sign him first.

And yeah I wouldn't expect a Coyotes fan to understand what it's like to lose someone important to the franchise

Yeah, no one important to the Coyotes has ever left. Oh wait, they always do. Sure. Intelligent commentary.

especially when it means he'll retire as a fucking Coyote.

Are you saying, with sincerity, that Tanguay was important to the Avs' franchise? The same Tanguay the Avs traded away negotiating rights to Calgary in 2006 Tanguay?

The same Tanguay that decided to return to Calgary, not Colorado, after shitting up Tampa?

The same Tanguay that didn't choose to come back to Colorado of his own accord but was instead traded there?

Sure, Tanguay is a real important piece to the Colorado hockey culture.

Again, try watching some hockey sometime. Maybe read up on it. Because clearly you have potential of knowing wtf you're talking about, if you put some effort into it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 3m3 minutes ago
Benning says DAL deal for Hamhuis was parallel deal to what CAL got for Russell, but Stars chose the Alberta option

Farhan Lalji ‏@FarhanLaljiTSN 3m3 minutes ago
Benning says they discussed a similar deal with Dallas as the Russell deal. Ultimately Stars chose Russell over Hamhuis. #Canucks
What a mess.

Chris R

He'll be trade bait next year.

And yeah I wouldn't expect a Coyotes fan to understand what it's like to lose someone important to the franchise, especially when it means he'll retire as a fucking Coyote.

Tangs won't retire a Coyote, we will give him a one day contract so he can retire an Avalanche.

ZeroGravity

I'm laughing at Yzerman's comments about Drouin coming back. Realized that he's losing Stamkos.
He said the door is still open. He's giving Drouin an opening to come back and actually get some playing time, which is beneficial to both sides. Has nothing to do with replacing Stamkos, because Drouin wouldn't be able to do that regardless since they're two very different kinds of players.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nice, you guys were getting a little too close to the Pens for my liking

I think it's probably safe to say that the 8 teams in the East are almost certainly set at this point. It's just a matter of positioning between them all (other than the Caps) from here on out.

I don't know if this had been posted already, but Sweden released the first names for their world cup roster:

Lundqvist
Markström

Karlsson
Ekman Larsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman
Strålman
Kronwall

Sedin
Sedin
Bäckström
Steen
Loui
Landeskog
Forsberg
Zetterberg

How is kronwall still on that team? With all the D we have today?

I would prefer Ekholm or Larsson 7 days a week.

You mean Boedker? Trade bait? He's UFA in July. You'll have to sign him first.

Yeah, no one important to the Coyotes has ever left. Oh wait, they always do. Sure. Intelligent commentary.

Are you saying, with sincerity, that Tanguay was important to the Avs' franchise? The same Tanguay the Avs traded away negotiating rights to Calgary in 2006 Tanguay?

The same Tanguay that decided to return to Calgary, not Colorado, after shitting up Tampa?

The same Tanguay that didn't choose to come back to Colorado of his own accord but was instead traded there?

Sure, Tanguay is a real important piece to the Colorado hockey culture.

Again, try watching some hockey sometime. Maybe read up on it. Because clearly you have potential of knowing wtf you're talking about, if you put some effort into it.
I'm not even going to respond to this other than by saying I always knew forsberg meant nothing to this franchise cause he played for other teams too. :( My hopes and dreams dashed, and by a regular hockey encyclopedia. And he likes desert hockey? Today just ain't my day.

zroid

Banned
I don't know if this had been posted already, but Sweden released the first names for their world cup roster:

Lundqvist
Markström

Karlsson
Ekman Larsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman
Strålman
Kronwall

Sedin
Sedin
Bäckström
Steen
Loui
Landeskog
Forsberg
Zetterberg

Yeah Ekholm for sure. Other than that, pretty beastly lineup.

edit: Klingberg as well

Vman

Holy shit the Wild got rid of backstrom praise god holy shitttttt

this is what freedom feels like

"Not 100% clear right now, but delay appears to be #mnwild #flames deal inv. David Jones & Niklas Backstrom + pick"

Pikma

Banned

Lundqvist
Markström

Karlsson
Ekman Larsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman
Strålman
Kronwall

Sedin
Sedin
Bäckström
Steen
Loui
Landeskog
Forsberg
Zetterberg

Where the fuck is Klingbae, what are you doing Sweden?

I'm not even going to respond to this other than by saying I always knew forsberg meant nothing to this franchise cause he played for other teams too. :( My hopes and dreams dashed, and by a regular hickey encyclopedia. And he likes desert hockey? Today just ain't my day.

I can't even translate this. But I wish you a good day. Give Boedker a chance, he's really fun to watch.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Heh. Listening to Lou now. Komarov is a core player. COREmarov!!!

...sigh...at least I have something to watch this evening...

Edit: Lou spent time with Kovalchuck recently.......?????????!!!!!!!!!

Yeah Ekholm for sure. Other than that, pretty beastly lineup.

edit: Klingberg as well

Where the fuck is Klingbae, what are you doing Sweden?
Isnt Karlsson and Ekman Larsson should have those PP minutes. So klingberg seems lind of to much to me.

D is looking great though. But forward will look depressing compared to canada. Especially when we fill out the rest of the spots.

Im hoping for Söderberg and Backlund.

iLLmAtlc

Lundqvist
Markström

Karlsson
Ekman Larsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman
Strålman
Kronwall

Sedin
Sedin
Bäckström
Steen
Loui
Landeskog
Forsberg
Zetterberg

Gotta love the politics. In the 2014 Olympics Karlsson was still 3rd in ice time behind Kronwall and Ericsson.

http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/388/IHM400201_74_3_0.pdf

yyzjohn

Banned
Heh. Listening to Lou now. Komarov is a core player. COREmarov!!!

...sigh...at least I have something to watch this evening...

Edit: Lou spent time with Kovalchuck recently.......?????????!!!!!!!!!

He's core until next year's deadline when he only has 1 year left on his contract.

Socreges

Banned

Lundqvist
Markström

Karlsson
Ekman Larsson
Hjalmarsson
Hedman
Strålman
Kronwall

Sedin
Sedin
Bäckström
Steen
Loui
Landeskog
Forsberg
Zetterberg

At first I was impressed that Markstrom made it as #2, but then I realized that Sweden, outside of Lundqvist, has never really produced great goalies. Finland is much better at producing goalies for some reason.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You guys see Jennifer Hedger with that T-shirt catch that Marty Biron fired at her from like 20 feet away?

He's lucky she caught that thing lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Miller-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-Stalberg
Lindberg-E.Staal-Hayes
Glass-Moore-McIlrath

McDonagh-Girardi
M.Staal-Boyle
Yandle-Klein

Raanta

Top Bottom