• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

BcWsIcc.png

Yak.

PLEASE BE A HAB

MB DIDNT SAY WE WERE DONE YET

Oh damn, gonna miss Patty Maroon :-(

But I guess with Perron clicking and getting Pirri and McGinn there wouldn't be room for Maroon. He's had an off year this year. Hopefully he the a it around in Edmonton, where careers take off.

ZeroGravity

Lol good thing he won't play again until September!
All the more reason why Yzerman shouldn't - and didn't - force a deal now.

You act like players have never come back to play after extended time off. At least in Drouin's case he can still skate and work out everyday, something players with long term injuries don't have the luxury of.

Quick

Banned
kinda funny how a Leafs internal transaction is the biggest transaction on the trade deadline

Bless it.

Though, I didn't really want to see them up with this mess, but with the lineup gutted, it might actually be good to give them a taste of the NHL now.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Bless it.

Though, I didn't really want to see them up with this mess, but with the lineup gutted, it might actually be good to give them a taste of the NHL now.

if they really are burning his year, then it's essentially confirmed Marner is playing on the Leafs next year, no?

Well, it is for starved Leafs fans

nah, it's more of a jab towards the fairly low quality of the players traded today

zroid

Banned
if they really are burning his year, then it's essentially confirmed Marner is playing on the Leafs next year, no?

That was never in doubt

although apparently it was confirmed that today's call ups won't be playing the rest of the season

sounds to me like a 9 game cap

DopeyFish

That was never in doubt

although apparently it was confirmed that today's call ups won't be playing the rest of the season

sounds to me like a 9 game cap

sounds to me like protecting themselves from Nylander destroying their draft position

Socreges

Banned
It'd be very stupid for them to burn an entire year over 20 games. Must just be 9.

nah, it's more of a jab towards the fairly low quality of the players traded today
Fair

sounds to me like protecting themselves from Nylander destroying their draft position
Lol get real

DopeyFish

It'd be very stupid for them to burn an entire year over 20 games. Must just be 9.

Fair

i believe the Leafs didn't want to have Nylander and Marner (and potentially our first this year) negotiating their 2nd contract at the same time, that's why they burn the year. Because these players are elite offensive prospects, they could potentially force a big contract on to the Leafs. Shaving the year off can potentially make Nylander's RFA years more manageable too.

zroid

Banned

in fairness they wouldn't actually burn a year of control with 20 games, just an ELC year, which is probably much less important. Swap 1 year of ELC for RFA basically

but I'd be surprised if they played more than 9 anyways

Socreges

Banned
i believe the Leafs didn't want to have Nylander and Marner (and potentially our first this year) negotiating their 2nd contract at the same time, that's why they burn the year. Because these players are elite offensive prospects, they could potentially force a big contract on to the Leafs. Shaving the year off can potentially make Nylander's RFA years more manageable too.
Makes sense

Oh yeah? Is that why Conner bleackley is the highlight of the return he got? Though as far as what Arizona has, yeah he's a regular McDavid.

Everything is relative. But look at the guys around Boedker this year. He's got great speed and handles the puck well, but the rest of the lines he's been on don't inspire fear.

He's definitely a top 6 forward and will do a lot for the Avs. A lot more than a 36 year old Tanguay would have done. So I'm not sure what you're pissed about.

Everything is relative. But look at the guys around Boedker this year. He's got great speed and handles the puck well, but the rest of the lines he's been on don't inspire fear.

He's definitely a top 6 forward and will do a lot for the Avs. A lot more than a 36 year old Tanguay would have done. So I'm not sure what you're pissed about.
He'll be trade bait next year.

And yeah I wouldn't expect a Coyotes fan to understand what it's like to lose someone important to the franchise, especially when it means he'll retire as a fucking Coyote.

Top Bottom