• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2016 |OT| Parlez-vous tankçais?

UtPNNmQ.png

Medvedev be creepin

Real enlightening info there, Sportsnet

"Habs are 1-5-1 on Superbowl weekends where Broncos participate"

:lol

When I used to watch ESPN I feel like they were horrible at that shit. They would always pull some random stat out of their ass that has no context whatsoever

Good to see Sportsnet doing the same

imBask

Banned
"it's the first time in 5 years we've had 2 players play their 900th game the same game"

Hockey commentary is the new Baseball commentary

Socreges

Banned
This is what worries me about the Canucks. This is why I'm not confident they have what it takes. Teams like the Oilers and Leafs know how to lose spectacularly. But even when the Canucks lose, it's average. I don't think they can make the top 5.

imBask

Banned
"wow granpa, that 2058-2059 edition of the Baltimore Maple Leafs has to be the worst team of all time"

"sit down my child, let me tell you about the 10s Oilers"

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
This is what worries me about the Canucks. This is why I'm not confident they have what it takes. Teams like the Oilers and Leafs know how to lose spectacularly. But even when the Canucks lose, it's average. I don't think they can make the top 5.

Hey, remember that time we were up 3-0 After 2 periods and lost 3-7?

Where are those Canucks when we need them...

See? You need to realize that the lack of faith is what made your team lose, you got to BELIEVE

:lol

my mom knows I'm not religious but she still offers. Some days I say yes just to go for old times sake.

There will be some nice church architecture to see in Spain though.

Decided to run the lottery simulator while eating, here's what I got:

1. Montreal
2. Winnipeg
3. Toronto

I wouldn't complain if this ends up the case.

I get why the NHL and NBA employ the lottery but I think it is really fucking stupid. Just give it in the place they finish instead of leaving it up to chance. I mean it doesn't matter nearly as much in baseball since I feel like in baseball there is no such thing as a sure thing but the NFL pulls it off quite well even though I despise most things about the league.

I don't think teams should be rewarded for being shit but I feel like it is much harder to tank in NHL than the NBA

Also after all these sims run, no way in hell are the BJs getting top 3.. poor poor Foggy

Coldnoodle just sealed the deal.

Quick

Banned
I get why the NHL and NBA employ the lottery but I think it is really fucking stupid. Just give it in the place they finish instead of leaving it up to chance. I mean it doesn't matter nearly as much in baseball since I feel like in baseball there is no such thing as a sure thing but the NFL pulls it off quite well even though I despise most things about the league.

I don't think teams should be rewarded for being shit but I feel like it is much harder to tank in NHL than the NBA

I find NFL players to have a pretty short shelf life, unless they're quarterbacks. But that presents the issue of limited roster spots, and guys end up getting pushed out of the league, because there's not really a comprehensive minor league system compared to the MLB, NHL, and even the NBA.

MLB players have the opportunity to really maximize their development within a really well-established system.

Top Bottom