• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Fuck the Patriots. Goodbye cruel world:
giphy.gif

PillarEN

Brady is Babcock's favorite athlete. Calls him the ultimate pro :D

And that's the last of football talk from me this hockey season.

yyzjohn

Banned
I like many others stopped watching at 28-3 figuring the game was over. I woke up this morning and freaked out when I saw the score. What a choke job, I have to feel bad for Falcons fans, I get it, I'm a Leafs fan.

imBask

Banned
I don't know shit about football but what I do know is that the score is meaningless until the final 2 minutes

because it's rigged

imBask

Banned
Yup..can't wait. Very curious about the new cars. Also looking forward to rooting for a Canadian driver again.

so far i've heard 5 min of people talking about his skills, and 6h of people arguing he only got the spot because daddy had a lot of money

medias are not taking it over here

yyzjohn

Banned
This was Atlanta's "it was 4-1"

It's way worse than that. I mean sure the Leafs blew that 4-1 lead but it was a first round matchup, not the Stanley Cup Final. I can't even imagine how devastated I would be if the Leafs blew a 4-1 lead in the 7th game of the finals.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
so far i've heard 5 min of people talking about his skills, and 6h of people arguing he only got the spot because daddy had a lot of money

medias are not taking it over here

The days of someone like Gilles Villeneuve are over. You need some kind of sponsorship or in his case family money to be in motor racing.

He also won the F3 championship in 2016 so he clearly has skills. He is in likely a mid field car and a rookie. It won't be easy.

imBask

Banned
Habs are playing 4 in 6 days again this week, before finally getting a bye week... This years schedule is all sorts of messed up

Line_HTX

The days of someone like Gilles Villeneuve are over. You need some kind of sponsorship or in his case family money to be in motor racing.

He also won the F3 championship in 2016 so he clearly has skills. He is in likely a mid field car and a rookie. It won't be easy.

What team did he sign with?

Chris R

2017 might still be a merc romp, but here is hoping the new ownership group tweaks the rules a bit to bring back mech grip.

I want to get into F1 but the timing of these races :'(

The aero on the cars really interest me. That asymmetrical nosed car was pretty unique a few years ago. And all the crazy shit in the 70's with nearly closed off underbodies and fans to pull out the air. These are things that academics only dream about, and F1 is like "yeah, why not?"

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
2017 might still be a merc romp, but here is hoping the new ownership group tweaks the rules a bit to bring back mech grip.

Faster cars and more mechanical grip should hopefully make things interesting.

I want to get into F1 but the timing of these races :'(

The aero on the cars really interest me. That asymmetrical nosed car was pretty unique a few years ago. And all the crazy shit in the 70's with nearly closed off underbodies and fans to pull out the air. These are things that academics only dream about, and F1 is like "yeah, why not?"

I used to get up and watch all the races live, but once I got a PVR that stopped. My wife likes watching the races too and she is definitely not getting up early either.

Chris R

Faster cars and more mechanical grip should hopefully make things interesting.

I used to get up and watch all the races live, but once I got a PVR that stopped. My wife likes watching the races too and she is definitely not getting up early either.

Alaska is -9GMT so the Euro races all start at 4 AM for me.

I only really try to get up for two races now, Monaco (Monaco, then Indy 500, then Coke 600, lots of racing for one day) and Spa.

But it's those wacky start times that got me involved in F1 in the first place, flipping around at 11 PM one Friday night only to find the Japanese qualifying on live in 2006.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
F1 and it's stupid drama sucks, it's all about WEC now baibyyyyy

Insert WHO gif

I kid....I should try to watch more WEC,.but often forget when and how #oldmanproblems

Thanks to RedBullTV I can at least follow the WRC again, which ia great.

Top Bottom