• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Kifimbo

Thinking about it, Winnipeg is probably the best place for him to land among the teams that will potentially need a new coach.

Islanders and Panthers are decent teams, but the ownership/management is a huge problem.

Reckheim

Leafs fans do you want the two points tomorrow? Show me some love via Paypal and I'll make sure Lehtonen starts tomorrow night, 110% guaranteed

Based on our defense and goaltending lately; Lehtonen can probably let in 5-6 goals and the stars would still win.

Razorskin

----- ------
Time for tanned Claude to arise

GvnH3Ft.jpg

Cake Boss

Banned
Thinking about it, Winnipeg is probably the best place for him to land among the teams that will potentially need a new coach.

Islanders and Panthers are decent teams, but the ownership/management is a huge problem.

Forgot about Winnipeg, I will fire Maurice to the sun and back up a truck load of money in front of Julien's house.

Young core, good promising defense pieces, desperate need for structure.

Sanjuro

I still don't see the rush to do it. They are still going to be a borderline playoff team. You basically are removing a set of eyes and experience for something we already have.

Unless there was a drastic disconnect in philosophy, which I highly doubt is in place.

Cake Boss

Banned
Krejci, Bergeron, Backes, Marchand, and Rask = $33.25M each year until 2021. Good luck moving any of these contracts without retaining.

Other than Backes, why would it be hard to move those players, each team would take any of those players if they had cap space.

You acting like they are a bunch of Clarksons, quality players in there. calm down with the hyperbole.

Other than Backes, why would it be hard to move those players, each team would take any of those players if they had cap space.

You acting like they are a bunch of Clarksons, quality players in there. calm down with the hyperbole.

They're good players but they'll be at the wrong end of their careers with these long contracts. At the final year of their contracts:

Krejci is going to be 34 making 7.25M.
Bergeron is going to be 35 making 6.875M.
Backes is going to be 36 making $6M.
Marchand is going to be 36 making $6.125M.
Rask is going to be 33 making $7M.

Out of all those, Rask is maybe the only one who'll still be worth it at that money at that age. I'm not saying they're bad players in the here and now but they're not rentals or have good contracts that'll be easy to move (if the Bruins decide to blow it up).

Quick

Banned
Didn't think I'd see Claude Julien ever leave the Bruins, wow.

Marvie, there's hope for Quenneville to get fired.

imBask

Banned
A caller just legit suggested Price and Galchenyuk for Crawford and Kane, following the 15 previous panicked calls

yo

chill

imBask

Banned
The radio host hesitated when the other host asked him if he would pick Price or Montoya in a "do or die" situation

ZeoVGM

Banned
What an absolutely embarrassing showing by Bruins staff.

Not only did they do it the day of the Patriots parade and set up the press conference for 11:30, when the parade would have been happening, but now that the parade is running late due to weather they just happened to also need to push back the press conference by 15-20 minutes.

Spineless.

calder

The Jets have, probably, the best roster for Julien to come into.

That said, TNSE is kinda cheap so I doubt they'd step up and give him 4-5 mill a year, which is what I would assume it would cost to compete with assumed offers from Vegas and/or Florida. :|

PillarEN

The radio host hesitated when the other host asked him if he would pick Price or Montoya in a "do or die" situation

That's because sports radio ought to be a max of 20 minutes for the entire day. After that it's just a wave of negativity and thinking up stupid shit because you have to be on air. A Detroit buddy of mine always listens to sports radio. It's so depressing after a little while driving with him.

calder

A caller just legit suggested Price and Galchenyuk for Crawford and Kane, following the 15 previous panicked calls

yo

chill

Zero sympathy. We have a significant part of the fanbase thrilled Pavs is back, and even worse the team itself seems to want him to "take the reins". Maurice openly calls him the starter despite the fact he has not played ONE GAME without letting in at least 3 goals yet. It's like the team all has Stockholm Syndrome and keeps trying to convince itself he's an OK goalie. It's truly the worst thing to live through as a fan - watching your team underperform is one thing but watching them react in the EXACT WRONG FASHION over and over and over again is soul destroying.

imBask

Banned
Zero sympathy. We have a significant part of the fanbase thrilled Pavs is back, and even worse the team itself seems to want him to "take the reins". Maurice openly calls him the starter despite the fact he has not played ONE GAME without letting in at least 3 goals yet. It's like the team all has Stockholm Syndrome and keeps trying to convince itself he's an OK goalie. It's truly the worst thing to live through as a fan - watching your team underperform is one thing but watching them react in the EXACT WRONG FASHION over and over and over again is soul destroying.

are you expecting sympathy back sitting on your throne made of 1st overall picks?

calder

are you expecting sympathy back sitting on your throne made of 1st overall picks?

What am I, the freaking Oilers?

Oh wait, are you offering us this upcoming first overall pick? We accept! We accept and we choose Nolan Patrick! Thanks fam, this helps a lot... some Avs fans may be mad at you tho.

imBask

Banned
What am I, the freaking Oilers?

Oh wait, are you offering us this upcoming first overall pick? We accept! We accept and we choose Nolan Patrick! Thanks fam, this helps a lot... some Avs fans may be mad at you tho.

wait I confused you with Parch for some reason, i'm a dummy

i'm sorry that's my mistake, I love you Calder. Jest are cool

Solo

Let's be real. The trade deadline is going to pass without Duchene in a Habs uni. At best (lol) we are getting (read: overpaying) for a rental like Hanzal who won't actually put us over the top.

Going to be yet another playoff where we will go as far as Price can take us.....and based on his last 2 months, that might not be that far. I agree that Habs should be all in and that this is their window, but the problem is they still don't have enough pieces to push through said window.

Socreges

Banned
Habs are just above .500 since their incredible start, no?

I think they'll still win the Atlantic, but could have a tough first round opponent

I love watching the trade deadline shows when it's a slower year than usual and the hosts are struggling to find shit to talk about. Then they get all excited about an AHL trade because it's the only thing that's happened in like an hour.

I hope it's good this year, I wanna see some crazy shit.

Top Bottom