• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Holiday

Banned
The Habs could use Berglund, a versatile, reliable two-way center whose veteran presence and robust possession game could solidify their forward group, all at the low price of two second-round picks.

calder

I love watching the trade deadline shows when it's a slower year than usual and the hosts are struggling to find shit to talk about. Then they get all excited about an AHL trade because it's the only thing that's happened in like an hour.

I hope it's good this year, I wanna see some crazy shit.

I hope so too, but I'm starting to wonder. I assumed there would be some big moves because of expansion but that may not be as much of a factor as I thought as teams will have a few days after the season to arrange that.

And really, the Jets will lose a guy like Armia or Dano at the worst already, so if they shuffle a guy around to get something for him it's not going to be a huge deal anyway. I really believed Vegas was going to get a lot of good talent at first.. now not so much lol.

calder

Uuuuuugh just remembered we're playing the Wild tonight. An elite team with a great tender and good offense and defense? Fuck me why even bother, just take your two points and leave now any one of those things would be too much for us.

Solo

Habs are just above .500 since their incredible start, no?

I think they'll still win the Atlantic, but could have a tough first round opponent

Yep. Funnily enough, the new playoff format and the dominance of the metro division can actually make the Habs playoff bracket much harder. Like, Habs could win the division and still get Pittsburgh or Columbus in round 1. Fucking one and done. Meanwhile Toronto and Ottawa get to play each other. It's almost a punishment to win the division this year because of the metro. I almost hope Montreal slides to #2 in the division.

Quick

Banned
GAF has OCD neat freaks on the one hand, and slovenly shut-ins on the other. Always magic when they come together.

Why not wear slippers or thick socks, instead, though? If everyone's wearing shoes inside you're inevitably gonna get a lot of shit tracked in. Also more comfortable

I'm generally barefoot at home, but I have been trying to remember to wear slippers or socks more. This is definitely the proper way to do it.

I generally wear shoes in the house *shrugs* Not something I ever care about. I take off muddy yardwork shoes, but ones Ive just worn for some usual going about I dont care.

Uuuuuugh just remembered we're playing the Wild tonight. An elite team with a great tender and good offense and defense? Fuck me why even bother, just take your two points and leave now any one of those things would be too much for us.

As a wild fan idk if even i consider them elite.

But thanks fam

imBask

Banned
Tier list

1-Socks
2-Slippers
3-Barefoot (I don't like it but I can respect it)
4-Shoes
5-Boots
99- Wearing Jeans when you're home

Parch

I love watching the trade deadline shows when it's a slower year than usual and the hosts are struggling to find shit to talk about. Then they get all excited about an AHL trade because it's the only thing that's happened in like an hour.

I hope it's good this year, I wanna see some crazy shit.
The expansion draft is the twist this year. There are going to be some weird looking trades that will need explaining because they'll be about expansion protection/exposure and not necessarily about talent or cap.

calder

As a wild fan idk if even i consider them elite.

But thanks fam

I totally understand you wanting to be cautious with a team that's rolling like the Wild are but fair's fair man. I thought the Wild would be a playoff team but more around third in the central, maybe wildcard range. They've over-performed in all facets but only a bit which makes them legit in my eyes. With most of the Central taking a step back this year they are clearly above everyone else and have the record to show for it, so grudging props for that.

Now that's said please don't humiliate us too badly. Or wait - please score 5 on Pavelec in the first period at least so we can hopefully get Maurice fired this off season.

The Jets, in fact, are the only team in the NHL with four players with more than 40 points -- center Mark Scheifele (53) and wingers Nikolaj Ehlers (47), Blake Wheeler (46) and Patrik Laine (43). At the other end of the spectrum, they have given up 172 goals, worst in the league.
Pavelec will be making his eighth start in nine games since being recalled from the Moose. He's given up at least three goals in every game he's appeared in, although the Jets have gone 4-3-0 with him in the crease.
Oh for fucks sake just kill me.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
When I get dressed in the morning I wear those clothes until maybe an hour before I go to bed.

Yeah wtf, who changes when they get home? I wear the same stuff all day, including jeans.

Also, who wears shoes inside?!?

Feels like I'm taking crazy pills over here

imBask

Banned
Yeah wtf, who changes when they get home? I wear the same stuff all day, including jeans.

Also, who wears shoes inside?!?

Feels like I'm taking crazy pills over here

why wouldn't you wear pajama pants or sweatpants at home? do you hate comfort?

my jeans disintegrate from my body the moment I step inside my place

Smiley90

I'd guess peeps like me who don't get to wear jeans to work would be a major cohort.

I was thinking people that work outside and have to wear dirty clothes it'd make sense. Or people that wear suits. But then neither of those necessarily wear jeans so it doesn't refute the "people who wear jeans at home" argument.

If I wear jeans to work, why would I change out of them when I get home? -scratches head-

If you never wore jeans to begin with obviously you won't change INTO jeans lol.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Hank's stick tape job for tonight:

jIgV5eJ.jpg

calder

I was thinking people that work outside and have to wear dirty clothes it'd make sense. Or people that wear suits. But then neither of those necessarily wear jeans so it doesn't refute the "people who wear jeans at home" argument.

If I wear jeans to work, why would I change out of them when I get home? -scratches head-

If you never wore jeans to begin with obviously you won't change INTO jeans lol.

Hmm, now that I think about it in summer I'll change into shorts almost always. Or into what my wife calls "soft pants" but I used to call sweat pants but aren't really that but I'll be damned if I call them "soft pants".

This changes everything... or else nothing.

Marvie_3

Banned
Slippers are a game changer. I got a pair for Christmas and I wear them all the time.
My gf bought me a really nice pair for xmas last year. So fucking comfy. I wear them every day and they still look brand new.

Oh for fucks sake just kill me.
Old age will do that soon enough.

why wouldn't you wear pajama pants or sweatpants at home? do you hate comfort?

my jeans disintegrate from my body the moment I step inside my place
My shirt is untucked and my tie is off before I even leave my office. Once im in the door at home its lazy pants and lazy shirt from there on.

Erdrick

Hah! You just know that we'll be the opposite of Saturday and beat the Wild handily or something.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like Hank is using a white tape stick in warmups. Raanta is using the rainbow tape. Looks like about half the Rangers have the rainbow tape.

Vesey-Stepan-Nash
Kreider-Zibanejad-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Buchnevich-Lindberg-Fast

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Holden
Skjei-Klein

Lundqvist

Smiley90

Looks like Hank is using a white tape stick in warmups. Raanta is using the rainbow tape. Looks like about half the Rangers have the rainbow tape.

Sad! Blame the Rangers next time a gay person commits a crime! Bad hombres!

imBask

Banned

try it dawg, tomorrow when you get home, put sweatpants on

maybe Hattrick Laine will make an appearance finally. because we're due. i keep saying it but you people will not believe me.. you lack faith. and it won't happen unless you have faith!

or fuck it, i'll take another Granlund hatty.

Smiley90

Why do you wear jeans at home?

Do you live with people?

I wear jeans to work and they're comfortable enough for me to sit/lie around at home that I don't wanna change when I get home?

y'all are weird

I don't wear no damn skinny jeans

Top Bottom