• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Watching Zadorov in person last night was pretty entertaining, he was destroying people.

This is what I see as well.

And although we still do need some defense, we're not as desperate for it as we were even at the beginning of the year even with Johnson out. Zadorov is emerging and we've got two fairly promising prospects to eventually bring up and look over. Our biggest issues are:

Top players not producing and clearly giving up on games. Leadership is highly suspect.

Supporting cast has gone total shit tier and they all need to go. Easy enough.

Varlamov did not play even average for most of the year, may have been injured for all of it may not have been. Pickard finding stability back there should be our biggest coaching priority right now, and I hope we protect him over Varlamov regarding the draft.

We're not desperate to ship anyone important away. Even if Iginla stays, this is his last year here.
I really think the supporting cast is the biggest issue, Duchene has nothing to work with. Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen line looked nice, despite the score. If we have to trade anyone I'd prefer we trade Landeskog over Duchene.

____-MacKinnon-Rantanen
____-Duchene-____
____-____-____
____-____-____

Johnson-Zadorov
____-____
____-____

Pretty much that's what I'd like to keep. Anyone else can go.

Patrick Friolet
‏@PFrioletRDS

Buteurs depuis le 1er déc (most goals since Dec 1st) :

1-Max Pacioretty : 22

2-Jeff Carter : 19

3-Cam Atkinson : 18

12-Sidney Crosby : 15

15-Alex Ovechkin : 14
#LNH

XP3ZaC6.gif

Chris R

Barberio hasn't been terrible so far, he might earn a spot in my "I'd be ok if they stayed" list before the end of the year.

calder

100% sure Hawks demolish Jets tonight to avenge their bizarre losses and also to celebrate Marvie's birthday

Growing desire amongst the fans here to sign Darling in the offseason. That could maybe work.. and since it's presented as an alternative to fucking Pavelec it sounds genius.

I'm John Wicking tonight, so be cool when Hawks are up by 10 pls

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Cheers. I fucking hate everything about Trump so your guilt trip hit me hard

Also you'll be pleased to know I got my comeuppance. Just got the news I have to be in DC next week for work. Gonna be a miserable trip.

DC is an amazing city though

Socreges

Banned
DC is an amazing city though
Yes, but for me:

- Have been there multiple times. Getting tired of it
- I won't get a chance to walk around or do anything
- Caps are on the road all week (naturally)
- Outside of the museums and the historical part of the city...it's kinda not great

that ending to overtime tho

wild just couldn't score

doesn't matter, Koivu and Granlund are beautiful.

unlike another Finn tonight.. what is wrong with Laine seriously? why is he so slow? like low IQ slow, not just with movement.. he's about to get the puck and just seems to zone out aaaaand the puck is already gone and behind the equally slow Jets goalie. happens in every game.

i'm about to lose my patience with him. he can't play a full season like that, completely blanking out at critical moments. ffs he's almost 19 already, better start learning from mistakes asap or they become ingrained behavior.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

unlike another Finn tonight.. what is wrong with Laine seriously? why is he so slow? like low IQ slow, not just with movement.. he's about to get the puck and just seems to zone out aaaaand the puck is already gone and behind the equally slow Jets goalie. happens in every game.

i'm about to lose my patience with him. he can't play a full season like that, completely blanking out at critical moments. ffs he's almost 19 already, better start learning from mistakes asap or they become ingrained behavior.

Sounds a lot like JVR

You like what he specializes at, but holllly shit the rest of his game is a tire fire

Frustrating sometimes that you can have a player with so many gifts but never takes the next step. Just hope winnipeg can fix it.

Marvie_3

Banned

He's 19 and a rookie in the NHL. Relax. Holy shit.

Cake Boss

Banned

Lol ok we'll take him, send you back Curtis Lazar ok? so good in his own end that he doesn't even want to leave it.

calder

What is this nonsense lol? Come on Patrik you turn 19 in a couple of months, time to instantly transform into a 5 year vet!

Edit: ugh you even gave Dopey a chance to concern troll while presumably kissing his Matthews full body pillow smh.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs began today:

Bruins @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Kings @ Wild
Blues @ Blackhawks
Predators @ Sharks
Oilers @ Ducks

East second wild card race looks like it's about to get a whole lot crazier with the Islanders suddenly back in the mix and with games in hand on almost everybody.

Rangers-Habs and Ducks-Oilers in one configuration or another have been pretty consistently locked in for quite a while now.

Sooner or later Laine will make a bad hit on someone, and since it's obvious he's never going to score a goal again in his life, we may as well just kick him out of the league now.

If the playoffs began today:

Bruins @ Capitals
Blue Jackets @ Penguins
Rangers @ Canadiens
Maple Leafs @ Senators

Kings @ Wild
Blues @ Blackhawks
Predators @ Sharks
Oilers @ Ducks

East second wild card race looks like it's about to get a whole lot crazier with the Islanders suddenly back in the mix and with games in hand on almost everybody.

Rangers-Habs and Ducks-Oilers in one configuration or another have been pretty consistently locked in for quite a while now.

I'm okay with Rangers vs Habs. But I REALLY wish it wasn't the first round of the playoffs. If it was The ECF or 2nd round then it would be fine.

Top Bottom