• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

Socreges

Banned
Hey unfair, for many years they were in different conferences so they would have had to meet in the Stanley Cup Finals. The Leafs made the playoffs many times when they were in the west. Then in the Quinn years the Leafs were a constant playoff team but the Habs were down, either losing before meeting the Leafs or not making it at all.
🙄

Silexx

NHL-GAF is at its best when the salt flows freely. I say bring on the Leafs-Habs matchup. Plus, you just know the eventual winner will be so drained that they'll be easy pickings for the Sens in the 2nd round.

imBask

Banned
NHL-GAF is at its best when the salt flows freely. I say bring on the Leafs-Habs matchup. Plus, you just know the eventual winner will be so drained that they'll be easy pickings for the Sens in the 2nd round.

2nd round of the draft? or are you like... implying Sens are actually making the playoffs lmaolol

There aren't any shootouts in the playoffs, though.

imBask

Banned
If you don't think the Leafs will make it (fair) and don't think the Sens will make it (less fair), who IS gonna make it? Boston and...... Florida?

Leafs have to make it, that way they'll draft high AND get rekt in the first round, making everyone relevant happy

Boston will make it because changing a coach always works out!

yyzjohn

Banned
If you don't think the Leafs will make it (fair) and don't think the Sens will make it (less fair), who IS gonna make it? Boston and...... Florida?

You gotta cut imbask some slack, he's a very bad troll. He's gone from "Leafs won't even make the playoffs once in the next 6 seasons" to "oh sure they might make it but will get swept in round 1"

Silexx

2nd round of the draft? or are you like... implying Sens are actually making the playoffs lmaolol

I left so many avenues of attack with my statement and this is what you go with? It's like you managed to shoot yourself into a work. Amazing.

do you plan on contending soon?

I don't think they'll realistically contend for the cup in the next few years but they're at the point where they might as well take steps to improve the team they have now to try and make progress year over year.

I'm not saying they should get rid of future assets but if they could make that JVR deal people have been talking about forever then that makes sense to me.

Like they can't just ice this D next year and say "yeah this is good"

imBask

Banned
I don't think they'll realistically contend for the cup in the next few years but they're at the point where they might as well take steps to improve the team they have now to try and make progress year over year.

I'm not saying they should get rid of future assets but if they could make that JVR deal people have been talking about forever then that makes sense to me.

Like they can't just ice this D next year and say "yeah this is good"

well I mean no, but you could get a dman and develop him as part of your core

and GMs aren't dumb (at least some of them), no one's going to give you a top 2 dman for JVR when they can get him for free... it's Nylander or better if you're not going the draft route

When are we getting Duchene?

Bergevin is too busy scouting Burrows and Hanzal

Silexx

Marc Brassard ‏@mbrassard

Pratique des Sénateurs, Craig Anderson s'installe seul à un bout, Condon et Hammond partagent l'autre filet pour commencer. #ledroit

Anderson back in nets?!

OfYGY.gif

yyzjohn

Banned

and GMs aren't dumb (at least some of them), no one's going to give you a top 2 dman for JVR when they can get him for free... it's Nylander or better if you're not going the draft route

How can you get JVR for free? He's under contract through next season. If you want him and his good contract for this playoff run, you have to trade for him.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
How can you get JVR for free? He's under contract through next season. If you want him and his good contract for this playoff run, you have to trade for him.

Fine, we'll give you a fourth because we like you guys. Dopey is always calling him terrible so I can't go any higher than that.

Whenever I think GMs aren't dumb enough to do something they always end up doing something dumber.

I guess all I'm saying is if you aren't bad enough to truly tank you kind of have to try to get better or else you'll just chill in the middle forever. Besides It's not like a player drafted in the middle of the first can't become part of a team's core.

imBask

Banned

huh I was sure he was gone this summer

still, if you're sending him somewhere as a mercenary on a cup contending team, you can't expect a top dman back... maybe a prospect I guess, sure. Why not

Would anyone take Burrows for a 3rd?

I'd pay a 3rd for the privilege of burying him in the minors.

#2 should have really stopped that, not like it was super fast by him. Dive and throw the stick out.

I wouldn't be surprised if in the heat of the moment he thought that would be a penalty. Would it be? Can you throw your stick?

Edit: I misunderstood what you meant by dive and throw the stick

Every game, it happens every fucking game

Which is why I find mocking the goalies all the time little weird. Dallas is probably the worst team in whole NHL to play as a goalie. Overly offensive tactics and horrible defense. Of course both Lehtonen and Niemi has let too many soft goals too but part of the reason is that in team like Dallas it's impossible to try to build confidence after bad games when everyone blames you and you know that in next game the opposing team will again have a billion great goal scoring chances. At least last year you made enough goals to win games.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Bruh, allow me to remind you that in this scenario you would be getting the Rangers in the first round.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The beautiful thing about Duchene is that we don't have to trade him, so unless the value proposition is fair he's not going anywhere.
You're right, but I feel like Avs fans won't be happy with any return they get for him, especially after the Hall - Larrson trade.

Top Bottom