• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Why does everyone hate weddings?

It's an excuse to hang out with friends and family, while you drink and dance.

I guess if you hate your family it probably makes for a shitty time.

Cake Boss

Banned

It's an excuse to hang out with friends and family, while you drink and dance.

I guess if you hate your family it probably makes for a shitty time.

I think I hate my friends weddings since you are forced to spend time with strangers.

Weddings within the family is always a good time for me though.

Quick

Banned
I was expecting my cousin's wedding to last an entire evening, but it was almost like attending a seminar lol.

The wedding ceremony was at a church about 15 minutes away from the hotel around 10:00-11:00 AM until 1:00 PM or so.

Then the reception back at the hotel was around 2:00 PM and ended by 5:00 PM.

I barely know my family these days, so seeing them was cool but we didn't really talk. I'm kind of ostracized from them.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I think I hate my friends weddings since you are forced to spend time with strangers.

Weddings within the family is always a good time for me though.

I've only had one friend get married, and I knew most of the people there so it was fine. The rest have been family weddings, no complaints.

imBask

Banned
I don't know if it's a cultural thing or if it's just because of who I hangout with, but in my whole life i've been to 1 wedding and it was my aunts

we just don't really do weddings around here, my parents aren't married, neither are most of my family members and neither are any of my friends

I don't know if it's a cultural thing or if it's just because of who I hangout with, but in my whole life i've been to 1 wedding and it was my aunts

we just don't really do weddings around here, my parents aren't married, neither are most of my family members and neither are any of my friends

you frenchies just like to smoke your cigarettes and have orgies while pouring wine over the bodies of the dead

The last few weddings I've been to I've either been in charge of les enfants or stuck chatting with randos because my wife is in the bridal party. Hate is an exaggeration, but I definitely haven't enjoyed myself, or really had a chance to.

My sis is getting hitched this summer and my older brother doesn't seem to like the groom. Should be interesting!

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
The last few weddings I've been to I've either been in charge of les enfants or stuck chatting with randos because my wife is in the bridal party. Hate is an exaggeration, but I definitely haven't enjoyed myself, or really had a chance to.

My sis is getting hitched this summer and my older brother doesn't seem to like the groom. Should be interesting!

Actually this I hadn't considered. I haven't experienced going to a girlfriends friend/relative wedding. I can see how that might be shitty.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind going weddings. People who spend 10s of thousands on them though are silly. Put that towards a house, honeymoon...etc.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Therrien has had a healthy lineup for a bit now, and they're playing their worst hockey of the year. If he was ever going to be fired, I would have to think it would be now, which would be absolutely hilarious because it would be due to his goaltending being garbage which is the #1 reason he's still had a job period.

Reckheim

I like weddings. However I've never been to a wedding that didn't have an open bar.

Hell, I even liked my wedding and I wasn't even looking forward to it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah fuck that shit, so much wasted time
Not just time, money too. The wedding im at cost well over $100k and its one of the lamest fucking things ive ever seen. Id dump my gf in a heartbeat if she wanted to throw money away like this

Its an open bar too but the bartender cant even make a whiskey sour without fucking it up.

Barrie gets put back in, we lose disastrously.

bzFM3d1.jpg

Red_Man

McCarron centring a top line with Patches and BGally Lmao

Something has to happen, 6 of 7 losses with the one win against the Coyotes in OT

People were super confident in the Leafs when it looked like there wasn't much competition for the playoff spots they were gunning for (3rd in Atlantic and 2nd wild card). But now the Bruins look better, the Islanders look better, Florida looks better, even Tampa Bay isn't out of it.

They can still make it but it's much less likely than it was a few weeks ago.

Red_Man

Trading a PK Subban and then an Alex Galchenyuk before firing your coach would be asinine, so I'm expecting it to happen.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Should have fired Therrien and gotten Boucher. Too late now! Maybe Youppi can take it up from here.

Socreges

Banned
Just saw Nyquist's stick to the face

Hope dude gets a loooooong suspension for that. Nearly got Spurgeon in the eye, too, and it's not like he was aiming for the cheek

Edit - oh, posted above

Red_Man

Carey Price tonight: "We seem to have lost our identity."
That's a good quote for his teammates to ponder over the next 5 days.
Mosly interesting because Carey doesn't criticize often is essentially considered the teams real captain. He's also been sub par for 6 weeks now.

Should have fired Therrien and gotten Boucher. Too late now! Maybe Youppi can take it up from here.
Julien is twice the coach Boucher is, this is as literally a perfect time as Bergevin will ever get to firing Therrien. Not sure how much Mullers involvement affects this.

Not just time, money too. The wedding im at cost well over $100k and its one of the lamest fucking things ive ever seen. Id dump my gf in a heartbeat if she wanted to throw money away like this

Its an open bar too but the bartender cant even make a whiskey sour without fucking it up.

Please tell me your joking

Line_HTX

I would like to say the Habs are collapsing since January but it's really difficult since this is just one bad stretch of 6 of last 7 in 2017 and they're sitting at 70 points on top of the Atlantic.

Not WOKE enough to want to fire Therrien. You people will be fine.

I would like to say the Habs are collapsing since January but it's really difficult since this is just one bad stretch of 6 of last 7 in 2017 and they're sitting at 70 points on top of the Atlantic.

Not WOKE enough to want to fire Therrien. You people will be fine.

We've been slowly collapsing since December, the standings are hiding it

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like the longer they go into the season, and the more they learn his system, the worse they get.

🤔

Top Bottom