• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
That IP should work with no issue...
Your work possibly filtered GAF... :/

You could try putting your work browser through a proxy.
(Or check that it isn't going through a proxy)
I'll ask our IT guy tomorrow. I think our network actually connects down to California, so the company there might've blocked it.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone else played or playing The Last Story for the Wii? About 20 hours in. So, so good. And superb artwork.

ccb080d4840c013be6a4123ca607d38a.JPG

Let's go Pens.

Alucard

Banned
Nope.

But the Fire Emblem 3DS demo is up in nine hours.

I won't be getting a 3DS for a long time, if ever. :-/ I really enjoyed Fire Emblem for the standard DS, though. I know it wasn't many people's favourite game, but I thought it was pretty slick.

The Last Story has a pretty easy difficulty level, but the exploration of the main hub city reminds me of Shenmue, and the pacing of the game is quite great. Really engaging tale.

MutFox

Banned
Best Fire Emblem is the 1st GBA one...
Sooooo goood...

Since their was a finite amount of exp,
you had to plan right from the start to have the characters you wanted built.

Socreges

Banned
I won't be getting a 3DS for a long time, if ever. :-/ I really enjoyed Fire Emblem for the standard DS, though. I know it wasn't many people's favourite game, but I thought it was pretty slick.

The Last Story has a pretty easy difficulty level, but the exploration of the main hub city reminds me of Shenmue, and the pacing of the game is quite great. Really engaging tale.
Shame. Fire Emblem DS (Shadow Dragon) was apparently the worst in the series (though probably still good). Awakening sounds amazing.

Best Fire Emblem is the 1st GBA one...
Sooooo goood...

Since their was a finite amount of exp,
you had to plan right from the start to have the characters you wanted built.
Have you played the 2nd DS one? Never released outside of Japan but recently got a translation patch. A lot like the 1st GBA one, maybe better.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the Advance, and ever since I bought my 3DS on Christmas I've only been playing Pokemon White 2. Bought it pretty much for that, and am super hyped for Pokemon X/Y now.

But I'll probably get Fire Emblem as well, since I've only read good things about it and it'd be a shame if the 3DS was just a pokemon machine. I've never played Fire Emblem, watched a few trailers only. Looks like a JRPG with a tactical grid for battles? Similar to Heroes of Might&Magic? Or am I completely off?

Acid08

Banned
I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since the Advance, and ever since I bought my 3DS on Christmas I've only been playing Pokemon White 2. Bought it pretty much for that, and am super hyped for Pokemon X/Y now.

But I'll probably get Fire Emblem as well, since I've only read good things about it and it'd be a shame if the 3DS was just a pokemon machine. I've never played Fire Emblem, watched a few trailers only. Looks like a JRPG with a tactical grid for battles? Similar to Heroes of Might&Magic? Or am I completely off?

Dude. Mario 3D Land. Get on it.

Socreges

Banned

Advance Wars where your units are characters and you don't want them to die.

Socreges

Banned
X-COM without Soldier replacement?
Stop asking about games I've never played, Smiley.

All I can say is that you'll know when you play the demo in a matter of hours. I'm sure you'll love it.

so when am i getting a new one of those nintendo?
The reboot attempt, Days of Ruin, didn't sell very well. So Intelligent Systems shut it down for a while and has made three Fire Emblems since. You've got to think they'll return soon, but who knows.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Stop asking about games I've never played, Smiley.

All I can say is that you'll know when you play the demo in a matter of hours. I'm sure you'll love it.

The reboot attempt, Days of Ruin, didn't sell very well. So Intelligent Systems shut it down for a while and has made three Fire Emblems since. You've got to think they'll return soon, but who knows.

How would I know which games you've played, I've never played Advance Wars so that comparison did little for me ;) But I think I get the general idea, I'll give the demo a try tomorrow. GIven that I love RPG's and TBS's, I'll be fine.

More exciting: Hockey soon.

Socreges

Banned
I thought that must have been his playoff beard before remembering that the Sharks never get deep enough for it to get that long.

Marvie_3

Banned

Well you just sold me on the game.

Also, NHL GameCenter app should be available on Xbox Live on Saturday.

ShaneB

I don't like TSN's play by play for the most part, and their camera angles aren't as good, and hearing the HNIC theme makes me shake my head

Chris Cuthbert I love, but Gord Miller is god awful, and I've stated my opinion on the TSN panel before, completely boring. That being said I don't watch much hockey on Sportsnet because all I get is SNontario, and I don't care to pay attention to Leafs games really.

TSN and Sportsnet have their season previews tonight, and I'll definitely be tuning into the Sportsnet broadcast.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I was serious. I love Shenmue.

T-minus 2 hours and 1 minute until Stan Bowman signs Gomez as the solution to Chicago's second line center problem.
Sharp really isn't good enough? Media in TO made it a circus that we'd try to get him and make him our first line center

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Oh yeah- with Lombardi and Connolly gone, it means no luongo trade to leafs most likely

This also makes kadri a likely regular now

Yeaahhh

Top Bottom