• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Socreges

Banned
I know the game, in a shortened season he will be a huge asset for plenty of teams with the cap space.
Of course. But it's in his interest to exaggerate and make his hand look much better. I mean, why is it 4-5? Can he not remember exactly how many teams are interested? I bet you he's having discussion with 3 teams. The "1 real contender" is, of course, Florida, since that's where Luongo wants to go.

@DarrenDregerDarren Dreger 7:59 PM
Leafs trade Lombardi to Phx for a conditional pick. Toronto also retains some salary in deal.
Toronto eats Lombardi's $500,000 signing bonus, plus some additional salary.

0PJgq.jpg

Sanjuro

Of course. But it's in his interest to exaggerate and make his hand look much better. I mean, why is it 4-5? Can he not remember exactly how many teams are interested? I bet you he's having discussion with 3 teams. The "1 real contender" is, of course, Florida, since that's where Luongo wants to go.

Not disagreeing with you, just saying he doesn't have to really sell himself a great deal in this case. Curious what teams would be willing to part with. Although of course he wants Florida, guy just isn't a big time goaltender.

@DarrenDregerDarren Dreger 8:07 PM
Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi. A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.

What do they get if he re-signs in Quebec?

Socreges

Banned
Not disagreeing with you, just saying he doesn't have to really sell himself a great deal in this case. Curious what teams would be willing to part with. Although of course he wants Florida, guy just isn't a big time goaltender.
I think he does. As much as Luongo can help teams big time, no organization wants that contract.

Cake Boss

Banned
Really? a 18 point forward gets you a 3rd rounder?

Sheeeettt Ottawa got a bunch of those players, stock pile up and bring up the bingo players.

There is a 98% chance he resigns with PHX, he had his best season with them.

Depends where you want to sit. But yeah, you'll be in the $175-$200 range for a good seat. I usually sit in the red section, which is around $200.

smh

I would just buy ones in the nosebleeds but I'm guessing they're still nearly $100. At that point may as well get classy seats. Seems I keep moving to cities where hockey is more expensive.

Socreges

Banned
Really? a 18 point forward gets you a 3rd rounder?

Sheeeettt Ottawa got a bunch of those players, stock pile up and bring up the bingo players.
4th rounder. If Lombardi ends up having a good season, and resigns in Phoenix, then they'd be happy to give up a 3rd for him.

Toronto probably does.
Nonis probably waits to see how his team does and will pull the trigger mid-season if he thinks a goaltender would put them over the edge. Otherwise he'll continue to offer scraps.

My theory.

Solo

smh

I would just buy ones in the nosebleeds but I'm guessing they're still nearly $100. At that point may as well get classy seats. Seems I keep moving to cities where hockey is more expensive.

I do believe there is a place in the nosebleeds with $15-$20 tickets.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
My dad says this is a good move for the Leafs. Dad says he never really was the same after his concussion in Nashville

ATF487

Went to see the individual ticket prices for games when I was at work today. 90 bucks for the worst seats after the convenience charge

fuck you jacobs

Skab

Finally got around to this Walking Dead, onto the 3rd episode of season 2, does this season get better, seems much slower than the 1st which was great.

First half of season two is slow and boring, gets better going into the second half, and much better towards the end. Third season has been fantastic.

Also hello NHL Gaf. New junior reporting in. Add my name to the small list of Blues supporters around here.

Montresor

@DarrenDregerDarren Dreger 8:07 PM
Toronto gets a 4th for Lombardi. A 3rd if he re-signs in Phx.

What do they get if he re-signs in Quebec?

I like this move a lot. This frees up a huge spot for one of our Marlies youngsters. But how much salary did we retain? Getting rid of his negatively-valued $3.5million cap hit isn't such a big deal if we're retaining a big chunk of his salary.

I don't think Lombardi will be re-signed by the Coyotes (and so the pick will remain a 4th rounder). Phoenix has a much better system over there and the coaching staff will be able to squeeze some positive contributions out of Lombardi. But he wasn't the same after the concussion.

edit: DopeyFish, I'd rather have Orr in the lineup than Lombardi. Less talent? What talent did Lombardi have?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Hopefully. This is how I see the lines right now:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabovski Kulemin
Kadri Connolly MacArthur
Komarov Frattin Brown McClement Steckel

Better to have JVR, Kadri and Connolly

Fuck yeh 3 proper scoring lines

Lebda for Franson and 3/4 round draft pick...Burke is awesome.

Cost $4 mil though

Lombardi... The only noteworthy he did was score on Montreal in the season opener. We paid $4 mil for that

Went to see the individual ticket prices for games when I was at work today. 90 bucks for the worst seats after the convenience charge

fuck you jacobs

Bruins tickets are now more expensive than leafs tickets? o_O

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

fuck you jacobs
Just got inspired to look through some old TicketMaster e-mails...

Boston Bruins vs. Montreal Canadiens
TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA
Thu, Mar 20, 2008 07:00 PM

Seat location: section BAL325, row 12, seats 20-21
Total Charge: US $ 31.05
Two tickets for 30 bones including the service charges. I totally understand why the prices have gone up over the last few years, but not to this degree.

fuck you jacobs

Montresor

Hopefully. This is how I see the lines right now:

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabovski Kulemin
Kadri Connolly MacArthur
Komarov Frattin Brown McClement Steckel

This is how I see it

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabovski ???
??? Connolly ???
Brown Steckel McClement

4 question marks. Kulemin and MacArthur definitely make the team, I just don't know where Carlyle will put them (2nd or 3rd line). And the last two spots will go to Marlies players that impress the coaching staff in training camp (and if Kadri isn't one of those youngsters, so be it, it wouldn't upset me).

Sanjuro

Two tickets for 30 bones including the service charges. I totally understand why the prices have gone up over the last few years, but not to this degree.

fuck you jacobs

Few years ago they had a B1G1 through the box office. I'd pay $30 or so for a couple tickets, and I think you could even add a student discount as well.

Now...Stubhub/Craigslist or bust.

fuck you jacobs

Montresor

I wish there was a good site that showed all of the picks a team owned for a certain draft year, and where those picks came from.

I say this only because with the 4th rounder from the Lombardi deal, the Leafs may end up with three 4th rounders in the upcoming draft. Their own 4th rounder, Phoenix's 4th rounder, and possibly Anaheim's 4th rounder. The Lupul deal included a conditional 4th rounder that will be awarded to Toronto if Lupul plays ~40 games for the Leafs this season.

It would be pretty interesting to trace every pick's movement.

ATF487

Few years ago they had a B1G1 through the box office. I'd pay $30 or so for a couple tickets, and I think you could even add a student discount as well.

Now...Stubhub/Craigslist or bust.

fuck you jacobs

Yeah tickets seem to be more reasonable on stub hub, which is strange to me...

fuck you jacobs

Sanjuro

fuck you jacobs

Stubhub is by far the best. Sometimes if you wait right before the game you find some fantastic deals. They are pretty much all printed tickets now, but years ago you used to have to go The Harp across from the Garden to pick up your tickets from a Stubhub person. They messed up and didn't have my seats, so they gave me random seats for that game and a credit for tickets to another. The seats they gave me were a couple rows off the ice. Paid $18 for the best seats ever, plus got tickets to a upcoming game right away.

fuck you jacobs

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

fuck you jacobs
Season ticket holders pay significantly less for their tickets when compared to the one-off game prices. Some of them will gouge buyers on StubHub and sell them closer to the BO/TM price, but others will be satisfied with a smaller profit, so the prices are more reasonable. That's the best way to buy these days.

Jacobs,

IIPxv.gif

ATF487

Stubhub is by far the best. Sometimes if you wait right before the game you find some fantastic deals. They are pretty much all printed tickets now, but years ago you used to have to go The Harp across from the Garden to pick up your tickets from a Stubhub person. They messed up and didn't have my seats, so they gave me random seats for that game and a credit for tickets to another. The seats they gave me were a couple rows off the ice. Paid $18 for the best seats ever, plus got tickets to a upcoming game right away.

fuck you jacobs

Damn, that's awesome, minor inconvenience aside

That's my plan though; I'm in Cambridge now and could get to a game relatively quickly so I'm hoping to get some last minute seats in a panic sell off

Season ticket holders pay significantly less for their tickets when compared to the one-off game prices. Some of them will gouge buyers on StubHub and sell them closer to the BO/TM price, but others will be satisfied with a smaller profit, so the prices are more reasonable. That's the best way to buy these days.

Jacobs,

IIPxv.gif

Indeed, I'm just normally used to paying more from second hand sources when the team/event is in demand.

edit: fuck you jacobs

cube444

Leafs need to play this Komarov guy:

"Let’s say he gets a chance (in the NHL) and he’s on the ice against Sidney Crosby — he’s going to run him over. He doesn’t care that he’s Sidney Crosby,” said Eakins.

Link

First half of season two is slow and boring, gets better going into the second half, and much better towards the end. Third season has been fantastic.

Also hello NHL Gaf. New junior reporting in. Add my name to the small list of Blues supporters around here.

WELCOME TO THE BANDWAGON.

TRAP TRAP TRAP.

Sanjuro

Nah, in most cases you're likely to spend less than face value on Stubhub if you stalk it enough. Just don't expect it for the opening games or big rivals. Craigslist is more of a pain in the ass due to a majority being fake listings and spam posts.

fuck you jacobs

Top Bottom