• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is how I see it

Lupul Bozak Kessel
JVR Grabovski ???
??? Connolly ???
Brown Steckel McClement

4 question marks. Kulemin and MacArthur definitely make the team, I just don't know where Carlyle will put them (2nd or 3rd line). And the last two spots will go to Marlies players that impress the coaching staff in training camp (and if Kadri isn't one of those youngsters, so be it, it wouldn't upset me).

Komarov isn't in there?! D:

No MacArthur?!

calder

But it will take them from #3 to #1 on ESPN's power rankings!

That was actually SI.com and hockey supergenius Adrian Dater, ESPN currently has Edmonton at #25, though they write "I have a feeling we'll be ranking the young Oil higher than this once the puck drops and we've seen them together a bit more. How can you not drool over what's coming here? Still, there's some learning to do."

I hate it when people guestimate line-ups, but... what the heck:

Lupul - Bozak - Kessel
JVR - Grabovski - MacArthur
Kulemin - Kadri - Komarov
Brown - McClement - Frattin

Phaneuf - Gunnarson
Holzer - Gardiner
Liles - Franson

Our shite goalies

Constant scratches: Steckel, Komisarek, Mottau

I heard on 1050 that Connolly has fallen afoul of Carlyle, so here's hoping he's shown the door.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sweet Jesus

36411.jpg

lol, I do think it could be an effective line. Kadri gets to play his natural game, it gives us a place to put Kulemin, and we get to see Komarov smash people.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Is that suppose to be footage of Forza?

MC sad on Anti-Chambre tonight that for the scrimmage tomorrow Gally will be playing on wing with Pleks in the first period and then centering a line, I presume the 3rd in the 2nd period.

Same move he's used in the WJs and before that right? Won't take goalies long to figure it out, it is pretty slick though.
He's been skating backwards since about prospect camp (he also put on 8 or so deke and forehand shot) before he would shoot for the 5 hole right after he turned. Then watching his QJ highlights he was changing the release to different parts of the turn around. Then right before he started to add the transition back and dragging it to the opposite side. He since has gotten faster doing it.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Just purchased NHL Gamecenter Live ($50).
Looking forward to it! Will be an upgrade from the free pirated streams.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Well I tried the neogaf.net site, still doesn't load at work. I tried pinging the IP I was given earlier and it failed. 4 packets sent, 0 received. So I have no idea what's going on. GAF is my hockey and news outlet!!! I'm dying here.

Anyways, back to hockey. Zetterberg is the man and I'll have to get my jersey altered at Goalie's Den to take the A off and put the C on next Christmas.

Stasis

It's impossible to go back to whatever you were using once you watch any sport in HD.

Yeah that's my thing now. I dislike watching anything not HD, everything has been ruined by something superior in HD. I kinda frown when a YT vid isn't available in 1080 too.

/snob

Tabris

TSN > above all in terms of quality of NHL broadcasting. TSN has one up, one down system which is great. It has better overlay graphics. Better intro. The panelists have better comedic timing and on air presence. Better social media integration. And just overall better HD feeds.

Sportsnet is amateur hour.

You are doing yourself a dis-service by not picking up TSNHD, TSN2HD.

The frustrating thing is Sportsnet has bought the majority of the non-Wednesday and non-Saturday games for the Canucks, so we have to listen to John Garrett way too much.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Comcast will actually show more than 1 HD game every night this season? I buy the GameCenter Live service now only due to the fact that the quality is 100x better than Center Ice's SD feeds.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah that's my thing now. I dislike watching anything not HD, everything has been ruined by something superior in HD. I kinda frown when a YT vid isn't available in 1080 too.

/snob
I can handle everything else in non HD, but HD was made for sports. Makes it so much more enjoyable.

I don't get TSN in HD, just Sportsnet

I really hate when games are on TSN, it looks so amateurish when its not in HD
I had this issue last year when I had cable and didn't want to pay extra to upgrade to the package with TSN2. It was like pouring acid on my eyes after watching 4-5 games in a row in HD.

MutFox

Banned
Well I tried the neogaf.net site, still doesn't load at work. I tried pinging the IP I was given earlier and it failed. 4 packets sent, 0 received. So I have no idea what's going on. GAF is my hockey and news outlet!!! I'm dying here.

Anyways, back to hockey. Zetterberg is the man and I'll have to get my jersey altered at Goalie's Den to take the A off and put the C on next Christmas.

That IP should work with no issue...
Your work possibly filtered GAF... :/

You could try putting your work browser through a proxy.
(Or check that it isn't going through a proxy)

I don't like TSN's play by play for the most part, and their camera angles aren't as good, and hearing the HNIC theme makes me shake my head

snack

TSN > above all in terms of quality of NHL broadcasting. TSN has one up, one down system which is great. It has better overlay graphics. Better intro. The panelists have better comedic timing and on air presence. Better social media integration. And just overall better HD feeds.

Sportsnet is amateur hour.

You are doing yourself a dis-service by not picking up TSNHD, TSN2HD.

The frustrating thing is Sportsnet has bought the majority of the non-Wednesday and non-Saturday games for the Canucks, so we have to listen to John Garrett way too much.
I wish Jim Hughson was still with Sportsnet. His voice is godlike.

Top Bottom