• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
That's a mighty long post for someone who's not salty. I'm surprised you bit so hard on my post when it wasn't even directed at you, seeing as you are someone who spends 90% of their time here baiting and antagonizing other posters. I'll take that as a compliment, finally stepping my game up.
ibb5KPiVWWGPHN.gif

CCF23

Also, my mom won one of the "jersey off our backs". She got Dan Hamhuis' game worn jersey, so I'm pretty happy for her. She hardly ever gets to go to a game, and even though the game was awful, it made her so happy.

Socreges

Banned
That's a mighty long post for someone who's not salty. I'm surprised you bit so hard on my post when it wasn't even directed at you, seeing as you are someone who spends 90% of their time here baiting and antagonizing other posters. I'll take that as a compliment, finally stepping my game up.
You've still got a ways to go. Word to the wise: if you don't have a good comeback, better to stop altogether than make the same post about saltiness five times.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
You've still got a ways to go. Word to the wise: if you don't have a good comeback, better to stop altogether than make the same post about saltiness five times.
Or maybe I don't feel like having an argument over which team is shittier with a guy who gets off on riling others up? I keep mentioning your saltiness because it's starting to overflow into my yard over here in Ontario.

Man fuck this salt fest. We have hockey back, bitch about something other than each other's salt
Salt, salt everywhere.

Or maybe I don't feel like having an argument over which team is shittier with a guy who gets off on riling others up? I keep mentioning your saltiness because it's starting to overflow into my yard over here in Ontario.

Frozen sheet of ice does not count as a yard.

CCF23

That's awesome!

It is. Pretty stoked she got Hamhuis. They did the whole roster that's up, so there were people that got Jim Vandermeer and Cam Berker jerseys. That's like winning the lottery and then learning you didn't win money, but a lifetime supply of frozen peas.

So how about that Minnesota based professional hockey club?

Was nice to see them play so well. Admittedly I've always been a passive hockey fan but I have a good feeling about this bunch.

CCF23

Also, GJ Ducks. I'm happy you blew up our shitty defense. They didn't deserve to lose 4 or 5-3. Hopefully getting a 7 spot put up on them opens their eyes and fast. They're way too good to play as horribly as they did tonight.

Heretic

It is. Pretty stoked she got Hamhuis. They did the whole roster that's up, so there were people that got Jim Vandermeer and Cam Berker jerseys. That's like winning the lottery and then learning you didn't win money, but a lifetime supply of frozen peas.

hahaha. Ducks are giving away the jerseys off the players back next Friday too. Against the canucks :O

I hope I win =(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Also, GJ Ducks. I'm happy you blew up our shitty defense. They didn't deserve to lose 4 or 5-3. Hopefully getting a 7 spot put up on them opens their eyes and fast. They're way too good to play as horribly as they did tonight.
A Canucks fan admitting their defense needs work?! D:

To be fair...I thought 3 of those goals weren't really stoppable, so I can't blame him at all. Defensive lapses doesn't help your team out and Teemu found a time machine.

CCF23

A Canucks fan admitting their defense needs work?! D:

To be fair...I thought 3 of those goals weren't really stoppable, so I can't blame him at all. Defensive lapses doesn't help your team out and Teemu found a time machine.

The defense played horribly. People in this city will always inevitably blame the goalies (who both weren't great either), but the defense plays/played a big part. A lot of the Duck goal were odd man rushes/tap ins/terrible blown coverage.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Solid first game by the Leafs.

I was surprised to see Kadri only played about 10 minutes, seemed like he was out there a lot more.

Red_Man

Solid first game by the Leafs.

I was surprised to see Kadri only played about 10 minutes, seemed like he was out there a lot more.
Should have played more, whenever he was out there he was making something happen.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Should have played more, whenever he was out there he was making something happen.

I didn't notice Galchenyuk out there either BUT not like any of us expect him to stay past the 5 games. I hope he gets a good experience of what the NHL is like and he can come back strong in the next year or two.

Still high on the win! Huberdeau beasted beyond all game 1 expectations. He has such vision and hands. His no look set up to Upshall? Flawless.

Also Mueller was great too, he was said to be slow before but tonight he was a missile. Kovalev I can as problematic he just seems slow with those two. Either way he also got 3 points on the night.

It's hard to find a flaw in the game and that is with as many injuries as have now. D was great, offense was there and everyone was making chances, special teams were amazing (PP 3/5 PK held them 0/6). Smithson is a face off machine and won nearly every important draw. Theo was in mid season form. Just a great game and I think the best opener this team has ever had.

Red_Man

I didn't notice Galchenyuk out there either BUT not like any of us expect him to stay past the 5 games. I hope he gets a good experience of what the NHL is like and he can come back strong in the next year or two.
He played about 13 mins, but didn't really do much while out there. He looked like he could keep up with the team, it's hard to judge him when the entire team was pretty awful.

If you're talking modern attendance, the Tampa game was 500 people away from being a sellout. And even though Chicago was on the road, they had less fans at that game than the Tampa game had.

I seriously don't know why it affects you so much that a Tampa fan is happy about their victory and sellout.

Tampa has some pretty fun players to watch for fantasy too, such as Stamkos, St. Louis, and Lecavlier. Marc-Andre Bergeron had a great year last year too before he got injured.

It's not like they're trash and nobody cares to watch them ever.

Obviously 19k people care if they spent a lot of money on a ticket/parking/food etc... to spectate the game.

My thoughts on the NHL tonight

Kaaaaaaaaaaaadriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

lol @ Subban commercial during the Leafs/Habs game

Teemu Selanne is a hockey GOD, and I wore his jersey tonight :)

LOL @ Schneider getting pulled

Wow, the Blues are fucking good

Considering the season is so short, why are teams already playing backup goalies tomorrow for their back to backs? Wouldn't you want to ensure more victories by playing your starter. It's not like he'll get super tired as if it were an 82 game season. I mean I guess everybody thats playing tomorrow is playing back to back so if both teams play backup goalies, it's somewhat even, but I don't know why you would do it so much later in the year.

If you're talking modern attendance, the Tampa game was 500 people away from being a sellout. And even though Chicago was on the road, they had less fans at that game than the Tampa game had.

I seriously don't know why it affects you so much that a Tampa fan is happy about their victory and sellout.

Tampa has some pretty fun players to watch for fantasy too, such as Stamkos, St. Louis, and Lecavlier. Marc-Andre Bergeron had a great year last year too before he got injured.

It's not like they're trash and nobody cares to watch them ever.

Obviously 19k people care if they spent a lot of money on a ticket/parking/food etc... to spectate the game.

It's almost like it was a joke! :O

Top Bottom