• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Fuck yes! 3 more hours until the Sabres!

TqEr9Wz.png

Do you know if there are any local FM radio stations that will carry the game. Stuck at work and we are completely blocked from Internet and I only have an FM radio.

toro5741

Defense wasn't very good, Marty had to make solid saves throughout the night. The goal we gave up on the penalty kill was fucking atrocious. Pee-wee shit. Puck was on the boards and all 4 of our guys go puck chasing. Hamonic gets the puck all alone in front of Marty.

The forechecking system is still looking strong. Matteau looks more NHL ready than I thought. Clarkson got his first of the season, so did Zajac. Good to see us bringing out 4 lines without any goons.

About 1/3rd of the jerseys I saw on TV were red, but we've got no fans :)

I was there... I'd say the crowd was about 75/25 with the Devils fans highly concentrated in certain areas. Pretty par for the course in this day and age.

Sloppy game all around but the Devils are the better team and it showed. Atrocious line change led to that first goal... Anybody else got any guys going up on waivers?

Sanjuro

The Canucks game is still going? Must be the hour difference or something. It's only 5-2 Ducks with 0:13 in the second period, so the Canucks can clearly make a comeback.

- this is my new NHL experience thanks to the GameCenter app.

ZTc0L6m.png

Revenant

The Canucks game is still going? Must be the hour difference or something. It's only 5-2 Ducks with 0:13 in the second period, so the Canucks can clearly make a comeback.

aftershocks from dat asswhooping.

been watching the hightlights of a lot of games today to catch myself up. That Detroit defensive display was truly amazing, have fun Howard.

I like when I try to click on a game recap it randomly choses a game, not the one I want to see.

Alucard

Banned
aftershocks from dat asswhooping.

been watching the hightlights of a lot of games today to catch myself up. That Detroit defensive display was truly amazing, have fun Howard.

Yeah, the Red Wings have a lot of work to do by the looks of things. You don't just replace one of the greatest dmen of all time.

The evil fan in me is pretty pleased that this could actually be the year Detroit crumbles, though.

RS4-

Waiting for the Leafs to have the 6k lineup on the ice at the same time.

Kostka, Komarov, Kessel, Kadri, Kulemin and Komisarek.

Fei

Suddenly I'm nervous as hell about this season. Hard to predict anything because we're so different (and young) down the middle. Going from Roy, Leino, and Gaustad to Hodgson, Ennis, and Grigorenko in one year is scary. Could be a long year.

Hunter S.

At least the avs beat the kings 4 times last season. So hopefully we can make up for the many penalties Colorado had leading to the loss to the Wild. Hell, they were the least penalized team last year so it is a shock.

dem

Galchenyuk hype is about 1/10th of what it was yesterday.

Thank god Yak is flying under the radar. No pressure.

CrankyJay

Banned
Suddenly I'm nervous as hell about this season. Hard to predict anything because we're so different (and young) down the middle. Going from Roy, Leino, and Gaustad to Hodgson, Ennis, and Grigorenko in one year is scary. Could be a long year.

Only 3 months. Fear not.

Gaustad was a needed cultural change. Hodgson and Grigs are exactly what the Sabres needed. I'm excited man. BE EXCITED!

rellix

I don't know about you guys, but I can't wait to see Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia and the NY Rangers all play a second nationally televised game in as many days.

dem

Lol

Not a team in the nhl that takes Lupul over Hall.

Horcoff was one of those desperate terrible contracts you give out after one good year.

See Joffrey Lupul

Snaku

Banned
Finally caught the Cats game on GameCenter. Fantastic opener, and a really strong debut for Huberdeau. PP was on fire, which took a lot of pressure off of Theo who came up big on a number of point blank shots that should have had him dead to rights.

I was puzzled though by all the talk of it being a sold out crowd, when it seemed like the lower level center ice seats were empty the whole game. Looked really bad on TV. What gives?

Top Bottom