• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Considering the season is so short, why are teams already playing backup goalies tomorrow for their back to backs? Wouldn't you want to ensure more victories by playing your starter. It's not like he'll get super tired as if it were an 82 game season. I mean I guess everybody thats playing tomorrow is playing back to back so if both teams play backup goalies, it's somewhat even, but I don't know why you would do it so much later in the year.

Maybe they're scared people who didn't play at all for a year would injure themselves if they played 2 nights in a row right away...

Considering the season is so short, why are teams already playing backup goalies tomorrow for their back to backs? Wouldn't you want to ensure more victories by playing your starter. It's not like he'll get super tired as if it were an 82 game season. I mean I guess everybody thats playing tomorrow is playing back to back so if both teams play backup goalies, it's somewhat even, but I don't know why you would do it so much later in the year.
Well, a lot of teams already have a policy of splitting back to backs in order to keep their goaltenders fresh.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Watching the highlights for STL / DET and holy tap dancing christ, Tarasenko's second goal was nasty. STL fans must be jacked up after that.

CCF23

Cory Schneider said:
"It doesn't matter what market I was in," Schneider said of being in the spotlight. "If I played this way, it would be unacceptable anywhere in the world. So I'm not too concerned about where I am right now."

Love Schneider's attitude.

Holy shit, I never realized how racist this movie is

Some douche on the Hawks called the D-5 Peewee team's first line the "Oreo" line

That shit will get you suspended 10 games in the NHL lol

Holy shit, I never realized how racist this movie is

Some douche on the Hawks called the D-5 Peewee team's first line the "Oreo" line

That shit will get you suspended 10 games in the NHL lol

Is this a joke or do you really think that's a super racist comment? I can't read Canadian sarcasm over the internet

Socreges

Banned
Or maybe I don't feel like having an argument over which team is shittier with a guy who gets off on riling others up? I keep mentioning your saltiness because it's starting to overflow into my yard over here in Ontario.
Hmm?
Red_Man said:
You literally asked for it. I had some fun with you, and was disappointed to see that I had reduced you to nothing but salt. Fan of midget team has midget shit talking abilities. :(

Vancouver took this to the next level and and started having their goalies split games

The Leafs tried that, epic failure

I don't know why Detroit is trying it with Gustavsson again =/

Colton Reed is just as awesome as Colton Orr
Sooo, the Ducks are really named after a law firm :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Hmm? You literally asked for it. I had some fun with you, and was disappointed to see that I had reduced you to nothing but salt. Fan of midget team has midget shit talking abilities. :(
:lol I think that ducks ass pounding was so hard it hit your brain man, whatever helps you sleep at night.

Cake Boss

Banned
I don't give a shit who you are but if you aren't a Teeeemuu fan then you aren't a jockey fan. Every year the Stanley cup should be awarded to Teemu first then the team

TEEEAAAMUUUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtZ8MS9TbjM

Hextall vs Potvin

lol, I forgot the Mighty Ducks visit the Minnesota North Stars.......HOLY SHIT MIKE MODANO and uhhh Basil McRae? That was some bad acting

Movie comes out in 1992, North Stars last season 1993.......Mighty Ducks first season 1993.....interesting

Should reboot this with the Wild and Suter/Parise

Just no more Wayne Gretzky giving Team America a pep talk and not having Canada in D2......lol Disney

Acid08

Banned
Just watched Looper, that was a damn good flick.

To make it hockey related:

10387085_4.jpg

8841952_5_l.jpg

Also, my mom won one of the "jersey off our backs". She got Dan Hamhuis' game worn jersey, so I'm pretty happy for her. She hardly ever gets to go to a game, and even though the game was awful, it made her so happy.
That is so nice, she got lucky I guess, are they doing it because of the lockout?

EDIT: BTW is anyones Yahoo league working? In mine everyone is at 0 points

Curufinwe

I don't give a shit who you are but if you aren't a Teeeemuu fan then you aren't a jockey fan. Every year the Stanley cup should be awarded to Teemu first then the team

TEEEAAAMUUUU

Him and Brett Hull were my favorite non-Flyers.

Bertuzzi having mono is not as weird as Sestito getting the mumps when he was in England, but it's probably going to affect him all season.

Alucard

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G2n6UqOWIo

This post has nothing to do with hockey. John Frusciante is the shit.

Leafs suck. There.

Thanks for posting that. Since becoming a dad, I haven't really gone out of my way to find any new music to listen to. I knew Frusciante was doing solo stuff, but never really heard it since I don't really like RHCP that much anymore. This sounds really cool. Going to listen to some other stuff from that album on youtube.

Seeing Jagr at the top of the points race on nhl.com is just weird.

Osorio

Defense wasn't very good, Marty had to make solid saves throughout the night. The goal we gave up on the penalty kill was fucking atrocious. Pee-wee shit. Puck was on the boards and all 4 of our guys go puck chasing. Hamonic gets the puck all alone in front of Marty.

The forechecking system is still looking strong. Matteau looks more NHL ready than I thought. Clarkson got his first of the season, so did Zajac. Good to see us bringing out 4 lines without any goons.

About 1/3rd of the jerseys I saw on TV were red, but we've got no fans :)

Solo

He was talking about his own team and how Montreal lacking a #1 centre is less painful then being in our position. I don't agree with it, since I'd rather see my team make the playoffs at a regular occurrence

Habs have made the playoffs 7 of the past 10 years FYI.

Top Bottom