• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
So a broken stick is no longer an automatic slashing penalty? Good change.

Sanjuro

I need a good sports scores app for Android. Suggestions? Score Mobile probably the best?

NHL Gamecenter! Where final scores are a privilege, not a guarantee.

I tried a few several months ago, never really found one that gelled with me. I usually just use the web browser and ESPN at this point for box scores.

Cake Boss

Banned
I need a good sports scores app for Android. Suggestions? Score Mobile probably the best?

Yeah, I tried the NHL one (slow as hell, only good for highlights), TSN (Slow), HNIC (Not bad but not as good as the Score one.

Score one has notifications, a widget for quick scores, all of the stats, fast without too much clutter, the only thing its missing is video highlights.

toro5741

I don't know about Long Island, but a matinee game on MLK Jr. Day in Boston is tradition. It is kind of weird, though, considering a lot of people don't have the day off.

It seems to be a tradition for the Islanders as well... There's also always a day game on President's Day

Stammer91

Neo Member
Boucher logic:

>Had lines set in camp
>Played great in first game, showed both speed and chemistry in a win over a good division rival
>Game 2, time to shuffle up the lines

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Ehhhh

tumblr_mguv74do1l1r5e393o2_500.gif

calder

Omg omg Pavelec. Great save but shit make it easier on yourself.

Lucky to still be tied here. Oh and Gamecenter is working pretty well, and if anyone is wondering on the PC at least Unblock-us is working great, can watch the game despite the local blackout.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Can you install unblock-us on several devices? e.g. two different xbox's? Is it just a login? Thinking of getting the whole unblock-us/gamecenter/netflix package and sharing it with a friend...

EDIT: Wait, is gamecenter free sometimes? http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2012020021 I'm getting the feed here without having an account? Or is it just a restricted preview?

EDIT2: ah yeah, preview just ended after 5mins. Figured.

Snaku

Banned
Can you install unblock-us on several devices? e.g. two different xbox's? Is it just a login? Thinking of getting the whole unblock-us/gamecenter/netflix package and sharing it with a friend...

EDIT: Wait, is gamecenter free sometimes? http://www.nhl.com/ice/gamecenterlive.htm?id=2012020021 I'm getting the feed here without having an account? Or is it just a restricted preview?

I think there's a free preview this weekend only.

Stammer91

Neo Member
That's when you know the Bolts are having an awful game. The Lightning announce team is interviewing an Islander player between periods.

vatstep

I want my Katherine Tappen back.

Solo

Habs lines from practice:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-White-Moen
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Glad that they've moved AG to his natural position at centre, but 4th line? And benching Eller? Bourque on the second and Armstrong on the third? Fuck you, Therrien! At least AGally and BGally together could be exciting.

I think there's a free preview this weekend only.

Doesn't work for me :/

I'm using center ice now anyway

Jim Vandermeer has just been waived.

The good news. JORDAN SCHROEDER'S COMING UP.

The bad news. CAM BARKER IS NOW OUR 8TH DEFENSEMAN. OH GOD NO.

Erdrick

The Jets better come out with a more solid effort in the 3rd if they hope to win this. Can't keep depending on posts/Pevelec/luck to win games. They need to be sharper with the passes. I am aware that it is early game in this season, however, so there is much rust, so to speak. The D pairing of Clitsome and Postma is starting to give me Oduya-esque nightmares. Bogosian can't return soon enough.

Wellwood, Kane and Jokinen's line... I like that one. Same with Sheifele, Slater and Thorburn. I want to see the chemestry between them improve.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Habs lines from practice:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-White-Moen
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Glad that they've moved AG to his natural position at centre, but 4th line? And benching Eller? Bourque on the second and Armstrong on the third? Fuck you, Therrien! At least AGally and BGally together could be exciting.

What. The. Fuck.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Jim Vandermeer has just been waived.

The good news. JORDAN SCHROEDER'S COMING UP.

yeyooooo FINALLY. not that our second line becomes much better, but at least instead of a an AHL-2nd liner we now have a good prospect as a second liner who's shown chemistry with Raymond. 2nd line still sucks though.

Gillis said yesterday that Kesler is probably gonna start skating with the team next week though, so hopefully he'll be back soon... he'll be back before Booth, though. So once kesler comes back either Kassian moves to the 4th and Schroeder takes the wing (can he? no idea), or, more likely, Schroeder gets sent down to the AHL again to get some experience, while Ebbet remains our 13th forward.

Also, can we put in someone else for Volpatti, because he kinda sucks. Weise can't do it all by himself. Get Bitz back up or sth.

The bad news. CAM BARKER IS NOW OUR 8TH DEFENSEMAN. OH GOD NO.[/QUOTE]

...fuck that... I rather have Connauton or Corrado get a tryout than see Barker...

I think the Bolts don't have to play up there anymore, thank God. And yeah, I saw that on NHL Memes FB page :p

Edit: Nvm, we play up there again April 6th. Hopefully we aren't in a close fight for a playoff spot at that time.

You guys should be out of contention by then anyways

Dimitri Filipovic ‏@SoYoureAnExpert

Reports out of Edmonton have Ben Eager listed on the injury report as Day-to-Day (Kassian).

159806875_slide.jpg

Way to go big man!

Socreges

Banned
That's awesome. Couldn't have happened to a bigger douche

...fuck that... I rather have Connauton or Corrado get a tryout than see Barker...
If someone is an 8th dman, they don't see the ice until they become the 6th dman. It's much better that Connauton and Corrado are playing big minutes with their teams.

Top Bottom