• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Cake Boss

Banned
Blues drafted Tarasenko with the Sens' pick

Sens acquired Rundblad in exchange

Traded Rundblad and a 2nd for Turris

Interesting to see the choices organizations make in retrospect. Blues scouts definitely knew something that Ottawa didn't.

Or that the Ottawa GM has completely avoided drafting Russians because our bad luck with them.

At least Turris helped us get into the playoffs last season.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Your history with other prospects from different countries should never effect your draft rankings.

Blues drafted Tarasenko with the Sens' pick

Sens acquired Rundblad in exchange

Traded Rundblad and a 2nd for Turris

Interesting to see the choices organizations make in retrospect. Blues scouts definitely knew something that Ottawa didn't.
I´m not sure that anyone knew his true potential since he wen´t as low as 16, If it was just Sens missing the obvious someone would have picked him earlier. And if Sens really believed in him they wouldn´t have thought that they could have gotten him so late anyway.

Cake Boss

Banned
Your history with other prospects from different countries should never effect your draft rankings.

If it was a top 5 no miss prospect sure, but through our 20 years Volchenkov has been our best russian player we have developed, there is a reason why he fell to 16, the KHL factor, and we were the last team in the league to take a chance on that.

Red_Man

Same thing is going to happen with this draft, there's going to be a few teams kicking themselves in the ass for letting Grigorenko fall.

Silexx

Basically what Cake Boss said, but Sens management have explicitly said that they have a policy of avoiding Russian players in drafts unless it's a can't miss pick like an Ovechkin or Yakupov.

Also:

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie

Twitter's a nightmare today. Tried to post Karlsson trade (Henrik, relax OTT fans) and Greene injury news but no go. Seems to be working now

LOL

Socreges

Banned
I´m not sure that anyone knew his true potential since he wen´t as low as 16, If it was just Sens missing the obvious someone would have picked him earlier. And if Sens really believed in him they wouldn´t have thought that they could have gotten him so late anyway.
No one ever knows a player's "true" potential, of course. All I'm saying is that the Blues gave up Rundblad (which actually surprised the Sens), a very good prospect, because they wanted Tarasenko. I'll put it this way: their faith was rewarded.

No one ever knows a player's "true" potential, of course. All I'm saying is that the Blues gave up Rundblad (which actually surprised the Sens), a very good prospect, because they wanted Tarasenko. I'll put it this way: their faith was rewarded.
Yeah maybe. It is really hard to argue about this, they traded long before the draft right? It is really hard to let a player go just to draft a specific player when you draft at 16th. If the trade was before the draft none of the teams could be sure of which player they would be able to get at 16th.

Or was the trade right before the pick? If you can even do that.

Socreges

Banned
Yeah maybe. It is really hard to argue about this, they traded long before the draft right? It is really hard to let a player go just to draft a specific player when you draft at 16th. If the trade was before the draft none of the teams could be sure of which player they would be able to get at 16th.

Or was the trade right before the pick? If you can even do that.
Right before the pick. Trades are made sometimes right on the floor between picks.

Most recently, Jordan Staal going to Carolina.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Very nervous about tonight's game. If Detroit lays another egg I'm going into panic mode about this team. FIRE EVERYONEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Montresor

Komisarek and Franson are both scratched??? Who the hell is gonna play defense, some AHLers? Weird, Komisarek had a decent game against the Habs.

pringles

Big game for the Wings. They got embarrassed on Saturday and if they don't play with some heart tonight I'll start getting worried about the season.

Couple of things I'd like to see from them:

* 20+ shot on goal

* A goal

* Less than 4 goals allowed on the PK

* Less than 6 GA.

Red_Man

Komisarek and Franson are both scratched??? Who the hell is gonna play defense, some AHLers? Weird, Komisarek had a decent game against the Habs.
That's surprising, that was one of Komi's best games as a Leaf that I've seen.

Top Bottom