• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

ROFL

NESN has a Red Sox town hall with John Farrel? I hope he says he knows he can just find another job if he fucks up again.....

Go Jets, win this in OT

calder

Pleased with OT. Would have fainted dead away if the Jets had cashed in on that PP and won in regulation.

Oh god John Farrel. "First question John, do you have another gig lined up?"

Socreges

Banned
Would be between hockey and soccer players if you take all athletes into account. Football, baseball and even basketball athletes are dragged down by some that aren't great athletes but satisfy one aspect so well that they don't need to be.

Rugby athletes are also really impressive. Not particularly skilled, though

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Which players are tougher, football or hockey?
That's a tough one (pun... intended). I'd say hockey players overall, but runningbacks in particular have to be twisted individuals to endure that much punishment.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Good job killing off a 4 on 3 without Chara's twenty foot long stick.

First shootout of the season... ugh.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That's a tough one (pun... intended). I'd say hockey players overall, but runningbacks in particular have to be twisted individuals to endure that much punishment.

Yeah, it is hard to say. Getting a puck in the face would not be fun. How about this, which are weaker: Baseball or Basketball

calder

OH god, I thought they had that. At least on the second PP in OT (don't get to say that often :p) it actually looked like a powerplay that team of professional hockey players might engage in.

I'm not loving our chances in a shootout. Unless Boston is secretly terrible at them, because the Jets are openly awful.

Line up for tonight
Flash-Weiss-Upshall
Huby-Mules-Kovy
Kopy-Matthias-Santo
Skille-Smithson-Parros

Kuba-Campbell
Kuli-Weaver
Jovo-Ellerby

Theo

The Santorelli experiment lasted all of 10 mins Sat. Glad to see Upshall there now. Can't wait, go Cats!

Sanjuro

POSTT! Undefeated!

88ET4FJ.gif
88ET4FJ.gif

vatstep

Two U's, two K's, two games, two goals. Task has been solid.

Pretty good game for a matinee affair.

calder

Damn you shootout. And lmao at Pav's shootout numbers.

Ah well, loser point is realistically the best we could hope for karmically. But a noticeably better game than the bed shitting against Ottawa.

Snaku

Banned
Line up for tonight
Flash-Weiss-Upshall
Huby-Mules-Kovy
Kopy-Matthias-Santo
Skille-Smithson-Parros

Kuba-Campbell
Kuli-Weaver
Jovo-Ellerby

Theo

The Santorelli experiment lasted all of 10 mins Sat. Glad to see Upshall there now. Can't wait, go Cats!

Only three and a half hours to go.
nen9tp7ozk.gif

calder

why was chris bourque in the shoot out

Because Ondrej Pavelec is absolutely free in the shootout. Ray could have taken it and been a coinflip to score.

“I don’t like shootouts at all — I don’t know why,” Pavelec said. “I feel a little bit pressure on the shootouts, especially when the guy scores.”
I bet.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs lines from practice:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Plekanec-Gionta
Armstrong-White-Moen
Prust-Galchenyuk-Gallagher

Glad that they've moved AG to his natural position at centre, but 4th line? And benching Eller? Bourque on the second and Armstrong on the third? Fuck you, Therrien! At least AGally and BGally together could be exciting.
Is it confirmed that Eller is a healthy scratch? I have a hard time seeing Therrien scratching him unless it's to get an early look at Gallagher. I like Gally back at center, and maybe playing with B. Gally and Prust he'll be more selfish and take more shots. He had the best shots last game, but was passing it off too much.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Just heard on the radio that the Gally line would be the 3rd line. Makes more sense and sounds like a good idea.

vatstep

leafs/habs had 3.3 million viewers

10% of canada
The Saturday afternoon games on NBC also had the highest regular season ratings in ten years. Not a big surprise considering they were major market clubs, but I guess it reaffirms that the most important viewers in the States haven't gone anywhere after the lockout.

Top Bottom