• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Now if we could get one of Stone/Zibenejad/Hoffman or Dacosta to replace stone hands Condra, we'll be golden.

Sucks that Cowen is missing a year too.

Yea losing Cowen really hurts.

Zibanejad/Stone/Silfverberg will nicely replace Alfie once he retires.

Also as lol as the leafs are, good to see a bro from Lebanon doing well.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Booo bad way to end opening night. Atmosphere was great here at the arena though. I was never a giant hockey fan, did go to about 15 CBJ games a year and didnt realize how much I missed hockey until tonight.

15 games a year and you're not a giant hockey fan? Lol

I don't even think I've been to 15 leafs games

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Lashoff needs to be up on the permanent roster.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.

I think they pay people to go to those games. It's a bit different.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

15 BJ games are about as expensive as 1 Leafs game, so there's that...

Go casually with buddies alot, get lots of free tickets from my hookups and can get lower bowl seats for $15. I enjoy going to the game but wouldnt call myself a giant hockey fan, I enjoy the sport though.

. Makes me cry.

Go casually with buddies alot, get lots of free tickets from my hookups and can get lower bowl seats for $25. I enjoy going to the game but wouldnt call myself a giant hockey fan, I enjoy the sport though.

Oh good. I fully expect every Wings fan who was "absent" this game to not shut up about that for a week and a half now.

Nice goal, however.

Ah well. back to BL2.

Oh wsox, you are wrong again.

I was still pissed off from Saturday's game so decided to refrain from posting until this game since I really had nothing good to say at all about their so called "play" against St. Louis, but watched this one all the way through, but Damien Brunner! A rough win but I'll take it, fully expecting to be demolished tomorrow by Dallas though.

Quincey needs to take a long needed break somewhere far, far away from Detroit

This, along with Nyquist up in place of Sammy, and Tatar up in place of Cleary, though Cleary had a better game today but still looked rough.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Oh wsox, you are wrong again.

I was still pissed off from Saturday's game so decided to refrain from posting until this game since I really had nothing good to say at all about their so called "play" against St. Louis, but watched this one all the way through, but Damien Brunner! A rough win but I'll take it, fully expecting to be demolished tomorrow by Dallas though.

Quincey needs to take a long needed break somewhere far, far away from Detroit

This, along with Nyquist up in place of Sammy, and Tatar up in place of Cleary, though Cleary had a better game today but still looked rough.

Cleary was horrid but Samuellsson was worse. I can't believe how bad he's playing.

Silexx

Condra is great at PK, can't just have all scoring forwards.

Losing Cowen blows chunks although Wiercioch looks awesome. I thought he was done after taking that puck to the throat.

On the bright side, they say that if Ottawa make the playoffs, Cowen may be fully recovered and able to play at that time.

Montresor

Yea losing Cowen really hurts.

Zibanejad/Stone/Silfverberg will nicely replace Alfie once he retires.

Also as lol as the leafs are, good to see a bro from Lebanon doing well.

I'm half Lebanese (well my mom is Lebanese). We skyped my mom and aunt back in Lebanon and they were happy about Kadri scoring on Saturday.

pringles

I can't see him being sent down. The fact he was out there on the 4-on-3 PK just goes to show what Babcock thinks of him, or rather what he thinks of the rest of our D.

Quincey-Smith is a horrible pairing and I think either of those guys needs to take a seat for a while when Ericsson comes back. Quincey hopefully.

edit: well I see Colo is going to be out (lol) so that means more Quincey.. but atleast more Lashoff.

o7I54Vh.jpeg
That's not his reflection...lmaoo
I'm half Lebanese (well my mom is Lebanese). We skyped my mom and aunt back in Lebanon and they were happy about Kadri scoring on Saturday.
I'm not Lebanese but yea it's still good to see.

On the bright side, they say that if Ottawa make the playoffs, Cowen may be fully recovered and able to play at that time.

He'll be rusty so I really doubt they'll put him in a playoff game after not playing a year.

Wiercioch looking damn good though. 2pts in 2GP

Smiley90

So... I wasn't able to watch Detroit-Columbus, but I CAN watch Ducks-Calgary. Both of those teams are much closer to BC than Detroit OR Columbus... makes sense, Gamecenter.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
So... I wasn't able to watch Detroit-Columbus, but I CAN watch Ducks-Calgary. Both of those teams are much closer to BC than Detroit OR Columbus... makes sense, Gamecenter.
It's because the game was on national tv here in the states. NBC Sports Network.

I should clarify... If the game is on NBC, NBC Sports Network, or the NHL Network here in the states, it won't be on GameCenter or Center Ice.

Smiley90

It's because the game was on national tv here in the states. NBC Sports Network.

But I don't live in the states... Why am I affected by national US TV? I thought I was only blacked out if it was on MY national TV? Or wait, does TSN count as that? damn..

But I don't live in the states... Why am I affected by national US TV? I thought I was only blacked out if it was on MY national TV? Or wait, does TSN count as that? damn..

Don't worry, it's not supposed to make sense. That's why Sportsnet's showing of Panthers/Senators was blocked in Montreal as well. Just as well, no reason to believe either of those teams exist, thanks NHL

Top Bottom