• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

“We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have — and it’s not who anybody thinks it is — and so we have to wait. (But) we’ve been offered packages that don’t fit what our plan is, what we need,” said Gillis.
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...11+finalists/7851324/story.html#ixzz2IgGYXED2

dQiCe.jpg

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Gillis and the Canucks organization are lucky Louongo is handling this so well, he could have made this into an even bigger cluster fuck if he felt like being an asshole.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Gillis and the Canucks organization are lucky Louongo is handling this so well, he could have made this into an even bigger cluster fuck if he felt like being an asshole.

I've noticed you spelled it like this twice now, are you doing that on purpose or is this some weird autocorrect/memory mishap?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The only thing else I can think of is that people usually say "Luuuu" which is more like Lou, and thus the last name HAS to be "Lou-ongo". That's about it.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I've noticed you spelled it like this twice now, are you doing that on purpose or is this some weird autocorrect/memory mishap?
Bit of the latter, why can't you guys just go with Lack and make this easier on everyone. Give Lu to Toronto and Schneider to Edmonton so all the Canadian teams have a great goalie.

Clydefrog

so I think the Kings finally play their second game today. I could be wrong, but it's still 2013.

PRE DICK SHUN:

Kings win in OT against the Avalanche

A high school class in Vancouver is protesting to shut down a strip club as a school project, in order to stop the objectification of women and save them from having to be strippers.

GJwIbi1.png

*facepalm*

The juxtaposition of the 15 year old males and a sign saying "WE ARE NOT OBJECTS" is beyond astounding.

Mind you, within 5 years they'll be at one as customers anyway.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
He treated the Flames PK like it was a PP. Shame he doesn't speak French(?).

There's only one trophy which is a surefire thing so far: Josh Harding for the Masterton Trophy.

Ironically, at present he also deserves the Vezina.

It's only two, but be still my heart. The Canucks will be hungry.
Hartley does speak French...part of the reason he was in the running. You can't tell he has a bit of an accent?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
All in all I've had very few complaints with Scrivens in these two games. Carlyle has definitely improved our overall team defense and the goalies aren't being hung out to dry as much as they were the last few seasons. But then again this is only two games in so we'll reevaluate after 20 or so.

Otherwise also want to say Kadri is so hot out there. I keep forgetting this is a short season so imagining him scoring 20 goals this season would probably be ridiculous. But I'm loving him, Carlyle has really boosted his confidence sending him out there in crucial times and Kadri has been rewarding Carlyle's trust in him.

Now once Kessel/Lupul/Grabo/JVR finally get going this team can be a bit more entertaining.

I still hope we end up with a top 5 pick this year and land one of those center prospects.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
All in all I've had very few complaints with Scrivens in these two games. Carlyle has definitely improved our overall team defense and the goalies aren't being hung out to dry as much as they were the last few seasons. But then again this is only two games in so we'll reevaluate after 20 or so.

Otherwise also want to say Kadri is so hot out there. I keep forgetting this is a short season so imagining him scoring 20 goals this season would probably be ridiculous. But I'm loving him, Carlyle has really boosted his confidence sending him out there in crucial times and Kadri has been rewarding Carlyle's trust in him.

Now once Kessel/Lupul/Grabo/JVR finally get going this team can be a bit more entertaining.

I still hope we end up with a top 5 pick this year and land one of those center prospects.
We can't do well and still get a top five :(

I want to fall flat for Mac!

Montresor

If we (LeafS) do well then who gives a shit about a top pick. I read one pathetic post on hfBoards (user Interactif) while we were performing very well against Montreal. Instead of being happy about Toronto's performance, he was lamenting the fact that Montreal would be bad enough for a top 3 pick and that we wouldn't get Seth Jones or Drouin. Ugh.

Top Bottom