• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

General manager Ken Holland told the Free Press this morning that he is working on signing a veteran and hopes to be able to use the defenseman in tonight's home opener against the Dallas Stars.

Holland didn't want to name the player until the deal is finalized. The contract has to be cleared by the NHL, and the player has to get to Detroit.

So this means Chris Campoli!!!! (or some other sucky unsigned D man)

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

edit: Though whoever he signs can't be worse than Quincey, can they?

Samyy

I know people are saying to put Kadri on the first line but Bozak is beasting it as well, time to breakup KGM and put Kadri on the second line?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the fact that they introduced these new ''rules'' in this shortened season. As if there wasn't enough on everybody's table already.

Yeah, several of them popped up in the Rangers-Pens game (they ended up benefiting/hurting both teams, though, so kind of a wash).

Samyy

Way to early to do any of that. Its only been 2 games.

To be fair they have been pretty freaking awful and in a shortened season every game counts now. We can't have them being dead weight like they were last year. They really didn't get going till about Decemeber....

I hate the fact that they introduced these new ''rules'' in this shortened season. As if there wasn't enough on everybody's table already.

Blues got caught three times on new penalties last night (twice on new interference calls, once on covering puck). We've gotta get that shit (and fucking Perron) in check or we will bleed points quickly.

Time to wreck the Blues later.

Eh. If Ells plays like he did last night and we stay out of the box...

Solo

Eller healthy sratch.....

Therrien....

GXRHf.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
To be fair they have been pretty freaking awful and in a shortened season every game counts now. We can't have them being dead weight like they were last year. They really didn't get going till about Decemeber....

Seems they're going halfway between what we're saying. JVR moved up to second line and king MacArthur to the third line.

Spl1nter

They were in a playoff position at the start of december...

Word is Shore may be in tonight. Should be 3C which will bump Santorelli out of the line up (thank fuck). Shore has had a great season in the AHL so far, so we'll see how he handles the big club.

Kent Huskins is the guy Detroit signed.

Yup, 1 year one way deal, don't know much about the guy though but with the amount of injuries we have now with Cola out, it really can't get much worse can it? I take that back, it can probably get much worse.

I guess Detroit fans will get to see more of Nyquist until he gets sent down.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG Management actually made a correct choice, what the heck is going on?!?!

Edit: Apparently groin again for Sammy, probably from Babs punching him in his balls for how bad he has played which I'm OK with.

So looking at our team, we have injury wise:

Gustavsson
Bertuzzi
Sammy
Kindl
Cola
Helm
Mursak
Ericsson

Sammy is injured, why can't Quincey follow suit and have a groin problem as well?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So looking at our team, we have injury wise:

Gustavsson
Bertuzzi
Sammy
Kindl
Cola
Helm
Mursak
Ericsson

Sammy is injured, why can't Quincey follow suit and have a groin problem as well?

Bertuzzi, Helm, and Ericsson will be back this week thankfully. The Huskins signing has me worried they're sending Lashoff back down which clearly shouldn't happen.

Bertuzzi, Helm, and Ericsson will be back this week thankfully. The Huskins signing has me worried they're sending Lashoff back down which clearly shouldn't happen.

When we get those main guys back I would love to see:

Zets-Dats-Brunner
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Bert-Helm-Cleary
Tootoo-Abby-Eaves (Miller)

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff
Huskins-White

Quincey (fell out of the airplane strangely, Emmerton jumped to save him also)

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Schroeder is back with the big club. Thank god. What were Gillis and Co. thinking when they decided Ebbett could handle second line centre duties?

Listening to all these Wings fans, it sounds like both clubs have been having similar starts to the season with regards to their management.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
When we get those main guys back I would love to see:

Zets-Dats-Brunner
Nyquist-Flip-Franzen
Bert-Helm-Cleary
Tootoo-Abby-Eaves (Miller)

Kronwall-Ericsson
Smith-Lashoff
Huskins-White

Quincey (fell out of the airplane strangely, Emmerton jumped to save him also)

LOL at that last part. Sadly it looks like Lashoff's going back to GR (solely because Babcock hates me).

I'm about done with Franzen. I really hope they amnesty him and his crazy contract next summer. As for Filppula, he always seems to be one step behind everyone else. I don't get it. He's got a ton of talent but just can't seem to take the next step.

THE SCHROEDER ERA BEGINS.

Also, thanks for the two games Ebbett:

GXRHf.gif

Schroeder is back with the big club. Thank god. What were Gillis and Co. thinking when they decided Ebbett could handle second line centre duties?

Listening to all these Wings fans, it sounds like both clubs have been having similar starts to the season with regards to their management.

From the sounds of it, they were 100% sure Ebbett wouldn't be able to handle it, but they didn't want to lose Vandermeer to waivers. Schroeder never left Vancouver.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
THE SCHROEDER ERA BEGINS.

Also, thanks for the two games Ebbett:

GXRHf.gif

Ebbett's a serviceable/above average 3rd or 4th liner. It's not his fault Vigneault is a tool and threw him to the sharks because they didn't want to waive Vandermeer or Barker to create room for Schroeder.

Ebbett's a serviceable/above average 3rd or 4th liner. It's not his fault Vigneault is a tool and threw him to the sharks because they didn't want to waive Vandermeer or Barker to create room for Schroeder.

GXRHf.gif

Vigneault actually didn't throw him to the sharks surprisingly enough. He played very little minutes in his two games.

Top Bottom