• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Quick

Banned
Eller healthy sratch.....

Therrien....

GXRHf.gif

Michel Therrien era re-begins!

Schroeder is back with the big club. Thank god. What were Gillis and Co. thinking when they decided Ebbett could handle second line centre duties?

Listening to all these Wings fans, it sounds like both clubs have been having similar starts to the season with regards to their management.

With all of our injuries we can combined the two teams into one!!

LOL at that last part. Sadly it looks like Lashoff's going back to GR (solely because Babcock hates me).

When Ericsson gets back, probably but for now let's see if he can keep the pace up.

Quick

Banned
I don't know how much the rest of you know about hockey fights (I'm an expert) but..

Orr > Scott.

Foligno > Fraser.

Yep.

Orr dropped Scott with a kidney punch (lol).

Fraser literally fell on top of Foligno. Advantage Foligno for getting his punches in, split decision because Fraser fell on him and ended up on top.

Apparently Sportsnet HC@N speculating that Washington is the rumored team with a tentative deal for Lolongo. That's out there.

Caps have Neuvirth and Holtby... why would they need Luongo?

Checking capgeek.com since I'm not a Caps fan... both their goalies are RFA's after this year, they have the cap space for Luongo, but I wonder who they would send the other way.

@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation

Anyone want Nino ?

Cake Boss

Banned
55 games played by niederreiter last year and only 1 goal?

It takes a whole lot of special to do that

Getting buried on the 4th line playing 5 minutes on a lottery team with scrubs as a 19 year old on your first NHL season will get you those stats.

I don't blame him, 36 points in 39 games so far this season at the AHL. Better than some prospects who are older and have gotten called up by their teams.

29 other teams will be interested.

The Sens will get him for a 4th round pick, and he'll end up scoring 50 goals for them next year.

How would a Lecavalier/Luongo trade even work? Yzerman already hitched the Lightning to Lindback.

Quick

Banned
Remember the time when Lecavalier was constantly rumoured to be heading to Montreal?

Remember when Lecavalier was relevant?

pringles

LOL at that last part. Sadly it looks like Lashoff's going back to GR (solely because Babcock hates me).

I'm about done with Franzen. I really hope they amnesty him and his crazy contract next summer. As for Filppula, he always seems to be one step behind everyone else. I don't get it. He's got a ton of talent but just can't seem to take the next step.
Fil was playing with a lot of hustle yesterday, just looks like he's reverted back to "nothing but pass" instead of playing like last year when he was amazing. Also we can't expect him to carry Samuelsson and Franzen, that would be a tough job for even the most elite centers.

If the first line doesn't get going (scoring-wise) in the next game or two we should probably run something like this for our top 6 instead:

Filppula-Zetterberg-Brunner
Franzen-Datsyuk-Nyquist

As for the Huskins signing, I don't know much about him but I'm assuming he sucks. We need some more bodies to throw in there though,our injuries are getting ridiculous.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Where's the fucking roster update for NHL 13 btw?

Don't rookies have to play a certain number of games before they're legally allowed to be placed on their NHL teams in a game?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
@KatieStrangESPN
#Isles Nino Niederreiter's camp is seeking a trade from the Islanders, a source tells ESPNNY. Unhappy with current situation

Anyone want Nino ?
This is pretty interesting actually...

I wish Eller was in instead of White, but I can see where Therrien want's to check out all his options early in the season, hopefully the Habs show up tonight.

Fil was playing with a lot of hustle yesterday, just looks like he's reverted back to "nothing but pass" instead of playing like last year when he was amazing. Also we can't expect him to carry Samuelsson and Franzen, that would be a tough job for even the most elite centers.

If the first line doesn't get going (scoring-wise) in the next game or two we should probably run something like this for our top 6 instead:

Filppula-Zetterberg-Brunner
Franzen-Datsyuk-Nyquist

As for the Huskins signing, I don't know much about him but I'm assuming he sucks. We need some more bodies to throw in there though,our injuries are getting ridiculous.

I guess he is good at blocking shots and isn't anything fancy, which with our PK sucking, I will gladly take.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Don't rookies have to play a certain number of games before they're legally allowed to be placed on their NHL teams in a game?

I thought I remember reading awhile back that they had to play one game before they'd make it to the game. Can't say how true that is.

Edit: AHL/CHL require wavers to be authorized, could take awhile. Rookies with one minute of NHL ice time can then be placed in the game per NHLPA agreement. This was just posted http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9254760.page

toro5741

Of everyone in the league, he deserves to demand a trade. It's been pitiful to watch the Islander's handling of his development.

While I'll admit his development situation has been less than optimal I don't think half a good season in the AHL gives him the right to demand a trade... They made a mistake committing to bringing him up last year - when he got hurt in camp they should of sent him back to Portland (hindsight 20/20) because he looked completely lost in game action from the minute he came back. I'm glad he's tearing it up in the AHL right now but requesting a trade seems a bit much...

Top Bottom