• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ffuuuuccckkk

Yahoo finally added redden

But he's automatically on waivers

He's gonna be paired with pietrangelo too

Red Robin has one hell of a patty melt and they make a good BBQ burger. Used to go there once a weekish, never had a problem.

So fucken glad, especially after losing Steve Downie for the season. He averaged a point a game there so hopefully he can bring even 75% of the point production to there avs. Oh and if they trade him they are cheap unless he trully is demanding 5 million.

And Red Robin rocks. Great bar too.

Spose I jumped the gun a bit about the signing. Seems like his KHL team just found the replacement they've been trying to line up for him cause they figured he'd be coming back at some point. Downie being out puts way more pressure on the avs to agree to more money for him but we're always happy to let greedy players hang out to dry regardless of what they mean to the team. We'll see what happens.

I just checked. They won 5 times on the 2nd game of a back to back.

Twice against the Islanders
Once against the Blue Jackets
Once against the Penguins
Once against the Oilers

That actually shocks the hell out of me. Just goes to show you, it's hard to remember when things go right :lol

Spl1nter

So Flyers to go 0-4 tonight against Rangers?

Wayne Simmonds - Claude Giroux - Jakub Voracek
Ruslan Fedotenko - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
Tye McGinn - Max Talbot - Tom Sestito
Eric Wellwood - Scott Laughton - Jody Shelley

That forward group is just decimated along with there defense being shaky.

At least your defense isn't as atrocious as some other teams out there. The Rangers should win, but I have a feeling you guys will steal your first tonight.

Bryzgalov has been surprisingly not terrible thus far.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Everything suggests that we SHOULD win fairly handily, given recent history and the Flyers' missing pieces tonight but, eh, you can never quite be sure what you're going to get with this Ranger team. Torts is probably going to be doing a lot of shuffling around with the bottom 9 behind the Gaby-Richie-Nash line with Asham out, and it looks like Kreider is getting the boot tonight in favor of Kris Newbury.

Hoping we can just take care of business tonight, though. These should theoretically be some of the easiest 2 points we could possibly get out of Philly, but the Rangers never like to do things the easy way.

Yeah I dont see any way they win tonight. This is going to be a bad beat down.

Cake Boss

Banned
Kyprios says that Pho might shut Smith down for the season, MacLean says they will be looking at Bishop, they have been shopping Yandle.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Montreal, Washington tonight. I have a feeling Holtby has a strong game tonight.
If they play a full 60 minutes like they did against the Panthers they should be fine. Price already looks in mid season form.

Ouch.

Don't be cheap Bergevin, Molson can afford it easily.
It's more about not constricting the teams cap system, especially with it going down next year, and they feel he still has stuff to prove. The good news is nothing official has been leaked, they're keeping this very formal and between Meehan and Bergevin.

Quick

Banned
It's more about not constricting the teams cap system, especially with it going down next year, and they feel he still has stuff to prove. The good news is nothing official has been leaked, they're keeping this very formal and between Meehan and Bergevin.

I actually think it's a good policy for the team to have that 2-year bridge contract between ELC and something more long-term.

Ken Warren ‏@Citizenkwarren
Passed a pond on walk to BB + T Arena. One sign read "Don't Feed the Alligators" 10 feet away, another sign read "No Swimming"

LOL I couldn't imagine having to worry about alligators where I live.

Kyprios says that Pho might shut Smith down for the season, MacLean says they will be looking at Bishop, they have been shopping Yandle.

I thought the injury to Smith was minor and he is listed day to day ?

Red_Man

I actually think it's a good policy for the team to have that 2-year bridge contract between ELC and something more long-term.
I agree, it's just a more difficult situation with Subban because he's done so much, so quickly, at such a young age. It's hard to ask that of him when he plays 25 mins a night and anchors the #1 PP and PK units.

Quick

Banned
I agree, it's just a more difficult situation with Subban because he's done so much, so quickly, at such a young age. It's hard to ask that of him when he plays 25 mins a night and anchors the #1 PP and PK units.

Yeah, I think he's paid his dues. Other than a few million dollars, it's policy vs. exception.

I don't think Subban would hold out for longer than a month. Even a month seems like a stretch.

Hunter S.

Red Robin has one hell of a patty melt and they make a good BBQ burger. Used to go there once a weekish, never had a problem.

Spose I jumped the gun a bit about the signing. Seems like his KHL team just found the replacement they've been trying to line up for him cause they figured he'd be coming back at some point. Downie being out puts way more pressure on the avs to agree to more money for him but we're always happy to let greedy players hang out to dry regardless of what they mean to the team. We'll see what happens.

Well, the last quote I just read on NHL.com from Gabe seems like he believes the team will get O'Reilly signed. No guarantee , but the Captain being positive is something to me consider to be positive about when Pierre Lacroix forces the office to be very quit about their business.

Red_Man

Per @JFChaumont, Don Meehan indicated today by phone that #Habs P.K. Subban asked him to find grounds for a deal quickly. #gohabsgo #ch
This could end well, or very badly. Meehan and Bergevin are suppose to speak this weekend.

Edit: Deal is referring to the contract discussions.

Top Bottom