• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Just an example of how shitty the future generation are going to be. The nerve to wear that shit.

(Per NHL Memes fb page)

529032_401095029982452_2052700957_n.jpg

Pathetic.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm about ready for my serving of crow regarding Therrien as coach. Really wish Price got the shutout though.
He's been lucky to have a healthy, and kick ass Markov back, but his handling of the rookies, and the way the team is playing has been really impressive to me. I'm going to eat a little crow, but still need to see how it works over 10 games or so.

Who would you rank higher? He's put up great numbers for over a decade straight, I think that consistency definitely counts for something.
He's not a top 5, he wouldn't be your backup if he was.

Over the decade sure, but not recently, his play has taken a step back.

Lundqvist
Rinne
Quick
Price
Miller

If I were to build a team, I would take those goalie over him anyday, he has had the luxury to play under a president trophy team. I call it the Chris Osgood.
This.

Did Coldplay get himself banned due to how bad the Caps are? I'm still waiting for the Habs to play a great team to see how they respond, but so far they're a completely different team from last season. Leafs meltdown was amazing, as was Yakupovs celebration, but if Subban had done that then we'd be hearing about it for weeks and how cocky he is.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Once PK is signed, we'll ship off Kaberle to Detroit, LA, Ottawa or any other team stupid / desperate enough to take him fro a 6th round pick.

Once PK is signed, we'll ship off Kaberle to Detroit, LA, Ottawa or any other team stupid / desperate enough to take him fro a 6th round pick.

Why not, I'm sure we will have another injury on D soon seeing as how we already have had 4 or so regulars go down on our back end already.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Honestly surprised this hasn't been ripped apart by the media as yet. Because you know hockey players don't do those sort of things blah blah blah.

I suddenly had a thought of how quickly it would be blasted if Evander Kane did that.

But anyways on the Leafs, yeah last night sucked but I hope most Leaf fans aren't ready to jump off a cliff over this
wishful thinking I know.

They had 3 games of fairly decent defensive play and 1 now where everything went to shit. I'm actually surprised it took 4 games for this to happen considering some other clearly better teams had terrible performances right off the bat.

What the fuck?! Islanders smoked Leafs? LOL!!!

I started watching it and after 3-1, I thought the game was done for. Oh boy!

EDIT: Islanders' 6th goal. Holy shit I love the opposing team "hugs"! :lol

Curufinwe

Why not, I'm sure we will have another injury on D soon seeing as how we already have had 4 or so regulars go down on our back end already.

Mezaros had his left arm in a sling last night and had surgery to repair a torn left shoulder labrum back in 2009. He's probably out for the season.

Honestly surprised this hasn't been ripped apart by the media as yet. Because you know hockey players don't do those sort of things blah blah blah.

I suddenly had a thought of how quickly it would be blasted if Evander Kane did that.

But anyways on the Leafs, yeah last night sucked but I hope most Leaf fans aren't ready to jump off a cliff over this
wishful thinking I know.

They had 3 games of fairly decent defensive play and 1 now where everything went to shit. I'm actually surprised it took 4 games for this to happen considering some other clearly better teams had terrible performances right off the bat.

Twitter will show you exactly how deep the beast runs...

Go back to Russia Yakupov, you fucking slug.

Yakapov you are not Theo Fleury! Go back to Russia!

Yakupov and ovechkin need to go back to russia, why are russians so ignorant. #thinktheyreunreal #overdramaticcellys #actlikeyoubeenthere

Bring Nail Yakupov to me and I'll curb stomp that fucking Russian.

Yakupov should be expected to celebrate like that. He's Russian. #Yakupov #Russian #NoShame

People are shocked at Yakupov's celebration? C'mon people. You act like you've never seen a Russian in the NHL before.

Nail Yakupov should take a few lessons on his celly's from fellow Russian, Detroit Red Wing, Datsyuk. All class, all the time. #NHL

Yep, I hate social media too.

Dastardly what is wrong with the last comment from the Kevin Corey guy?

Failing to understand that even though Datsyuk, as a skill level, should be adhered to as a role model. Not everybody should adhere to Datsyuk as a person. I'm sure he's a great person and all. But why the hell should everybody be the same? That's called "Conforming" and it's a very huge danger to all sense of personal identity. People are allowed to be eccentric as they want to be as long as they aren't doing any harm. That's why hockey has a HUGE problem with a lack of personality and shits on anyone that has even the slightest - aka Subban.

... I sound like a high school goth saying that.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't see what's wrong with Yakupov's celebration at all oO, it was an emotional goal to tie it after the weirdo disallowed goal before. Don't see what's wrong with it.

Heretic

Failing to understand that even though Datsyuk, as a skill level, should be adhered to as a role model. Not everybody should adhere to Datsyuk as a person. I'm sure he's a great person and all. But why the hell should everybody be the same? That's called "Conforming" and it's a very huge danger to all sense of personal identity. People are allowed to be eccentric as they want to be as long as they aren't doing any harm. That's why hockey has a HUGE problem with a lack of personality and shits on anyone that has even the slightest - aka Subban.

... I sound like a high school goth saying that.
While I agree with not conforming, Subban gets heat cause he's cocky.

Heretic

I don't see what's wrong with Yakupov's celebration at all oO, it was an emotional goal to tie it after the weirdo disallowed goal before. Don't see what's wrong with it.
Second goal of his life and with 4 seconds left. I'd be jizzing all over everyone if I were him.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
It's kind of douchey but also super hilarious. Don't really care.

It's mostly super hilarious, and only looks kind of douchey because they rest of the league are bland robots who have been trained since junior hockey that you can't celebrate goals with any sort of aplomb.

I mean, if he did that after a goal in a game where the oilers were up 5-1, there'd be a problem. Kid scored a huge goal for his team and did it with style.

calder

It was a bit over the top, but in general I think young guys get a pass for 'over' celebrating their first goals or OT winners etc and this would be a similar situation, not to mention Quick beaking him (justifiably) earlier. I have no problem with a guy celebrating that much in most situations, but I also have no problem with a King being irritated about it and giving him a facewash or a slash to the back of the legs either.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
While I agree with not conforming, Subban gets heat cause he's cocky.

Hrctc pls

Let's be honest here, we all know why Subban gets heat. It's not because he's cocky.

It's because he's something that the majority of NHL players aren't, he's
charismatic.

Top Bottom