• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hrctc pls

Let's be honest here, we all know why Subban gets heat. It's not because he's cocky.

It's because he's something that the majority of NHL players aren't, he's
charismatic.

Completely agree. Hockey players probably are probably the least charismatic in pro sports. I would like to go back on TSN and see how they reacted to Subban's OT winner.

Montresor

Failing to understand that even though Datsyuk, as a skill level, should be adhered to as a role model. Not everybody should adhere to Datsyuk as a person. I'm sure he's a great person and all. But why the hell should everybody be the same? That's called "Conforming" and it's a very huge danger to all sense of personal identity. People are allowed to be eccentric as they want to be as long as they aren't doing any harm. That's why hockey has a HUGE problem with a lack of personality and shits on anyone that has even the slightest - aka Subban.

... I sound like a high school goth saying that.

Great post Dastardly. I think I agree, though I've been guilty before of thinking "god damn douche" whenever I see an unconventional goal celebration. I just think that while Corey's comment might be damaging, it's not bigoted/prejudiced like the other twitter comments are.

Cake Boss

Banned
lol TSN already has a ' You're Call' feature on Yakupov whether he went overboard or not.

They bitch about players being the same monotone no personality motherfuckers then when they do show just a bit they turn on them, just like Bryz.

TUSR

Banned
Love the heart Nail has for the game. Screw the haters.

That feel when you put the team on your back and still end up losing in regulation. :(

lol TSN already has a ' You're Call' feature on Yakupov whether he went overboard or not.

They bitch about players being the same monotone no personality motherfuckers then when they do show just a bit they turn on them, just like Bryz.

Media gonna Media. They'll do anything for a tasty story.

Great post Dastardly. I think I agree, though I've been guilty before of thinking "god damn douche" whenever I see an unconventional goal celebration. I just think that while Corey's comment might be damaging, it's not bigoted/prejudiced like the other twitter comments are.

Thanks. Like I said, Twitter is the worst of people with an easy access. If this is the worst we have to put up with, then in contrast it's easy to ignore. It's the racist shit I can't stand.

People turned on Bryz because he was 32nd in GAA, if he was playing like a top goalie no one would have a problem with the silly stuff he says.

That's a lot to give up for Luongo.
I look forward to Loungo contributions on the 1st line. His scoring will be welcomed!

In seriousness the ravaging swarm of injury locusts still plauges the team. Versteeg still recovering from a strained groin, Weiss lower body last night before the game, Flash (I think) took a skate to the leg. He left the locker room with a blood soaked sock after the game.

Datsyuk and Z split up thanks to the return of Bert and Helm, thank you, now they can both have a line for themselves and bolsters our second line.

Now if they would split up Smith and Quincey which is a bigger problem. :/

Silexx

Few line up changes for the Sens tonight :

- Lats out, K-Dawg in. Regin takes Latendresse spot on 2nd line
- Weircioch out, Borowiecki in
-Bishop is out, may be due to injury.

pringles

Datsyuk and Z split up thanks to the return of Bert and Helm, thank you, now they can both have a line for themselves and bolsters our second line.

Now if they would split up Smith and Quincey which is a bigger problem. :/
Getting Helm back is huge. Feels like ages ago he was in the lineup, guy has had terrible luck recently with injuries. He's gonna help a lot on our sucky PK and our decent bottom 6 will actually become really good.

The changes to the top 6 aren't the ones I would want, but if it turns out to work maybe, maybe we can make up for the abomination of a defense we are icing tonight.

Quick

Banned
So, there was an entire segment on Sportscentre about Yakupov's celebration.

Is it just me, or is it just really awkward and/or stupid when they break down what had happened?

What is it with NHL players and being boring as fuck? For a game that's supposed to be exciting as hell on the ice, these players seem to be too worried about being seen as anything but "good ol' Canadian boys". And when you have personality pop up, it's quickly stomped down to the ground.

You have Evander Kane being funny on Twitter with mad stacks of cash, and you suddenly have everyone jumping down his throat. I'd like to think it's anything but racially charged, but I highly doubt that.

cube444

Calder will throw his cane at his black and white TV after he sees Evander Kane's new haircut:

BBeaCH9CYAEkeZr.jpg

There is only one team in the Southeast with 4 points. Panthers are off to a terrible start but it could be worst!
Yup. Healthy I think we take the division handily. Right now though we are sinking. I'm hoping we can get our top line back for tomorrow. Steeger should be ready and Flash won't be out with just a cut foot. Flash played the Devils series with a broken hand so no worries there. Weiss is the largest question. I think later today we'll see if we recall people from San Antonio.

Top Bottom