• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
CarFP_zps3efe92e4.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I gotta admit, that's a pretty amazing 3rd period collapse by the leafs. To be fair, by shots, they never should've had a lead, but still lol-worthy

Edit: holy lmao at the florida score. Wtf happened there?

DopeyFish

The crowd was definitely lousy and quiet but they did get into it at a certain points during the game but at least they have a team worth cheering for. What about the leafs?

That win put the rangers into a tie with the leafs

Just saying

Edit: NEVERMIND forgot the loser points

Last year we played exciting, shit hockey; this year we play boring, shit hockey. At least Reimer didn't let in any softies.

That's a pretty good summary. When will the leafs team actually be able to compete? At least Ron Wilson gave us exciting hockey. This year, the team will be garbage + we play boring hockey.

That win put the rangers into a tie with the leafs

Just saying

Hopefully, we keep winning huh? I somehow doubt that. We gave a 2-0 lead away. Allowed 30+ shots under a defensive system. I don't understand what the team has to do.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
By FAR our best period of the season. Rangers seem to have finally learned the value of getting to the net. Top line (including MDZ and Staal) finally looking like it. Big win.

DopeyFish

By FAR our best period of the season. Rangers seem to have finally learned the value of getting to the net. Top line (including MDZ and Staal) finally looking like it. Big win.

Leafs fell asleep- don't think too highly of it.

They did absolutely nothing but float their way to failure

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
It's nice that they kicked Kevin Weekes out of the commentators booth for the 2nd game, but why did he have to land on this already-god-awful panel with Glenn Healy and PJ Stock? It's PAINFUL to watch.

I've never been sold on Carlyle, but tonight especially. I'm just not really sure what he was thinking playing Dion Phaneuf and MIKE KOSTKA for 30+ minutes. Why does he think this guy, who spent the last several years floating around the AHL, is suddenly a top-2 guy who can play half the game? Sure, our depth at D isn't good at all, but Mike Kostka! 30 minutes!

Delryk, agree re Lupul.

ZeroGravity

The Rangers are an imitation of the 2003-2004 Lightning, but with 100% more "buy the top line".

Nauseating shit.
How so?

The Rangers are a much more play-it-safe, defense-first team. The Lightning in 2004 were about all out offense and risk taking. "Safe is death" was the team's motto.

Your team is in trouble is Kostka is playing 32 minutes in a game

I honestly don't see it either. If you ask any reasonable leaf fans, if there are any in this thread. I don't understand the minutes he's getting from Carlye. His defensive play isn't deserving of those minutes. He even sucks on the powerplay.

We are giving this guy 30+ MINUTES. WTF CARLYLE?

Edit: Give us PK Subban man!

Where to start? Terrible game all around. Theo and Clemmer equally as leaky. No 1st line is murder, Flash-Weis-Steeg worked so well due to chemistry, not in individual merit so not having all 3 is like having none at all. Weaver has been uncharacteristically bad at D. Parros is busy trying to be a hockey player.

2 good things were Kovalev actually had a strong game and Hubby-Shore-Mueller as a line.

I hope this is rock bottom. I don't know how much worse this can get.

Delryk

I've never been sold on Carlyle, but tonight especially. I'm just not really sure what he was thinking playing Dion Phaneuf and MIKE KOSTKA for 30+ minutes. Why does he think this guy, who spent the last several years floating around the AHL, is suddenly a top-2 guy who can play half the game? Sure, our depth at D isn't good at all, but Mike Kostka! 30 minutes!

Delryk, agree re Lupul.

Not sold on RC either and his matching lines to the letter... Tort played his first line for 26-28 mins.. And if he does that every night they wont be effective for long.. lol

Someone tell both coaches that this is a shortened 3-5 games a week season. Lol

Not sold on RC either and his matching lines to the letter... Tort played his first line for 26-28 mins.. And if he does that every night they wont be effective for long.. lol

Reminds of the days when Ottawa had no secondary scoring. It was only their first line doing all the work. Heatley, Spezza and Alfredsson. Everyone hated playing against that line, especially the leafs because they would murder us and our goalies.

cube444

Someone tell both coaches that this is a shortened 3-5 games a week season. Lol

Carlyle will be gone after this season and replaced by Eakins.

Top Bottom