• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

trHcPsA.jpg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Leafs fell asleep- don't think too highly of it.

They did absolutely nothing but float their way to failure

No doubt, but I've certainly seen this team not take advantage of such situations and fail to get results out of it before. It's nice to see them build momentum through the course of the game and then finish it off.

Team still has huge problems, though. We basically only have two lines to speak of, and only one that puts up serious numbers. Defense still has some lapses, though they did get better about that over the course of the game (and the Leafs definitely helped with some bad decisions in the offensive zone), and Lundqvist is still fighting the puck and giving up huge rebounds constantly. Lots of guys who should be contributing aren't, and our power play is still abominable.

Hopefully we can build off of this game and come out fresh on Tuesday.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Justin Schultz has an awesome wrister. Very accurate.
That goal looked lucky, but I've watched him score like that numerous times in the AHL.
I'm sure it's one of the reasons why the Oilers drafted him.

Merguson

Banned
That's a pretty good summary. When will the leafs team actually be able to compete? At least Ron Wilson gave us exciting hockey. This year, the team will be garbage + we play boring hockey.

Hopefully, we keep winning huh? I somehow doubt that. We gave a 2-0 lead away. Allowed 30+ shots under a defensive system. I don't understand what the team has to do.

Exciting hockey. Boring hockey. I don't give a fuck, just win games.

That was too close. Good to see Perron wake up, almost had a hatty. Fucking love me some Sobotka this year. Neither Backes or Steen can win faceoffs in the last 2 minutes and Vladi wins both of his.

Did I just see that right? We signed Jason Arnott?

Injury and drama over practice ahoy!

Top Bottom