• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Well that nightclub fire thread was a depressing way to start the day...

How the fuck is your first reaction to people running out of a burning building, is to lock the doors and keep them inside?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Wonder what the lines will be for the Habs without Patches? Gally on the top line with Eller back to centre on the 3rd line?

Well that nightclub fire thread was a depressing way to start the day...

How the fuck is your first reaction to people running out of a burning building, is to lock the doors and keep them inside?

It's beyond reasoning - unless it's something like the Blue Bird Cafe Fire in Montreal.

Vanek out injured. Grigorenko going to play his 5th (and final?) game. Sabres lines are going to be a mess today.

• When will this team get any secondary scoring? The Sabres are 2-2 and have scored 11 goals in the four games. Each member of the top line (Thomas Vanek, Cody Hodgson, Jason Pominville) has three goals. That means the rest of the roster has combined for just two, by Steve Ott and Tyler Myers in the opener against Philadelphia.

• What will the lines look like? As promised after Friday’s loss, Ruff shook things up Saturday. With Vanek out, Marcus Foligno joined Hodgson and Pominville. Grigorenko was on the second line, centering Steve Ott and Drew Stafford. Tyler Ennis was dropped to the third line between Jochen Hecht and Patrick Kaleta while Matt Ellis centered John Scott and Nathan Gerbe on the fourth combination.

The Grigorenko question is a daily one in Sabreland. Ruff gave it a new twist Saturday by admitting he probably erred by playing the rookie on the fourth line with John Scott and Nathan Gerbe in Friday’s game. The coach said he was trying to get a better matchup against Carolina center Eric Staal and it left Grigorenko on the outside looking in.

“It’s like burning a game,” Ruff said forlornly. “For the most part, having the Hecht line against Staal was working pretty good for us. Ninety percent of the time, we wanted a tougher guy on faceoffs against him. Then I got to a point where [Grigorenko] hadn’t played for so long, I didn’t think it was fair to throw him in a tough situation. Your legs aren’t going and I burned up a game really is what I did.”

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Wonder what the lines will be for the Habs without Patches? Gally on the top line with Eller back to centre on the 3rd line?
That would make sense. I'm pretty sure they're staying the same with Eller filling in for Patches spot.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah, that will be fine too. I think Eller is going to score tonight to help boost Solo's recovery.
:lol

Therrien hasn't said yet, I'd like to see Gally on the first line and Eller centering the third. You can't touch that "Second line" right now, they're playing the best.

CREMSteve

Can someone explain the new Draft Lottery system to me?

I know every team that finished out of the playoffs now has a shot at the #1 pick, but I also understand that it is weighted, so I'm wondering how that aspect works.

How many balls does each team get based on last season's standings?

What's the over/under on Oates? 5 weeks?

Once he's gone, I'd like to see the Caps take on Ron Wilson. He could probably get Ovechkin and Backstrom to play hockey again.

cube444

I know every team that finished out of the playoffs now has a shot at the #1 pick, but I also understand that it is weighted, so I'm wondering how that aspect works.

If you're the Pens, you get 10,000 extra balls.

Marvie_3

Banned

Works the same as it did in the past. Only thing that changed was the restriction that you can only move up a certain amount of spaces. Now any of the 14 teams can get the #1 pick.

If you're the Pens, you get 10,000 extra balls.
That's 10,000 more balls than Crosby has.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Lubomir Visnovsky will be with the New York Islanders soon.

Visnovsky’s agent, Neil Sheehy, announced via Twitter on Saturday night that the 36-year-old defenseman will report to the club "no later than Feb 11th, possibly sooner, due to personal medical reasons within his immediate family."

Sure... medical reasons...

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
He's looked like a 4th liner because Ruff is a moron. Made a few good passes that people he's playing with couldn't finish.

Seems to be actually getting icetime tonight though. Had a few chances and blasted them hard and wide.

Ruff has given him limited ice time like an idiot. I think he looks decent. He hasn't made any really bad mistakes, has shown some good vision.

Sounds like Galchenyuk, looked good but not great mostly. Outmatched physically at times, but still able to create space. I'd like to see him be more assertive and try dangling the opponent more but he seems too humble to do that stuff.

You guys think he sticks with the team?

Sure... medical reasons...
Sounds like the Isles hired some Russian mobsters lol.

Some choice Dineen quotes from last night:

"It's going to be a miserable couple of days for us,'' a simmering Dineen said. "You come off an embarassing game at home, you don't like that in front of your fans, so there it is, it's on our scorecard, so you got to deal with it.

"We didn't push hard enough from the opening draw which we talked about. … We're not earning our goals. That's not the success we've had and it's not the way we're going to play.

"I guarantee you they'll understand that in the next couple of days.''

"Injuries have absolutely nothing to do with what happened,'' Dineen bristled. "We got our tails handed to us in every way.

"Our defense was atrocious. We're a bunch of individuals right now. We don't have the chemistry to play as a team. I hate sitting in these things and beating up on your people, it's just stupid.''

Shortly after he ended the presser. Angry Dineen is best Dineen.

Sounds like Galchenyuk, looked good but not great mostly. Outmatched physically at times, but still able to create space. I'd like to see him be more assertive and try dangling the opponent more but he seems too humble to do that stuff.

You guys think he sticks with the team?

Before he played a game I figured there's no way Regier will burn a contract year on a 48 game season unless Grigorenko was lighting up the league. A kind of better for business than for the product mentality.

And then Ruff has barely given him a chance, so yeah, I definitely wouldn't be surprised if he's gone even though he's been good enough. He doesn't have any points but neither do most of the team.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Sounds like the Isles hired some Russian mobsters lol.

Some choice Dineen quotes from last night:

Shortly after he ended the presser. Angry Dineen is best Dineen.

Luongo for Hooderboo and Bjjjjjjoooostäd? Nothing to bust you out of a slump like acquiring an All-Star goaltender!

Luongo for Hooderboo and Bjjjjjjoooostäd? Nothing to bust you out of a slump like acquiring an All-Star goaltender!
tumblr_ma0bcqh0Rn1qa9kon.gif

Top Bottom