• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Socreges

Banned
flavor-flav-roast.jpg

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES!!!

25/26 on the PK so far... Tightest box in the league
Well someone's gonna have to get in there and... enlarge it. Box enlarging.

Entirely different team tonight. Great on the 1v1 battles, screening, D was awesome even if Theo was shaky.

Kulikov +2 on the night
Huberdeau goal and assist
Kopecky 1-2 and +2
Flash 3 assists

Versteeg a goddam thief, stole so many picks.

We needed this game completely. Now off to New England.

ATF487

Just got back from the garden. Bruins had the shittiest defense tonight, and I've never seen Thornton get rocked like that.

Still a lot of fun, though. Hopefully I'll get to see more this season

Stasis

Come home from school...

-Rangers get shutout. It's the Pens, I expected the loss. If we ever face them in the playoffs (assuming we make them, which I'm really not confident about, realistically) we should just forfeit and spare the fans the misery. It's hard to watch.

-Sabres come back from 3-1 the last I checked to 7-4? The inconsistency sucks, but damn is it fun to see them when they click. Dat VHP magic. Hodgson for Kassian was apparently a great move for both teams. Still a ways to go but it's cool to see what they're building. Now if only Myers could stop sucking...

MacAttack

Just got back from the garden. Bruins had the shittiest defense tonight, and I've never seen Thornton get rocked like that.

Still a lot of fun, though. Hopefully I'll get to see more this season
That fucking goon had 6" and 50 lbs. on Thornton, it should have been Ott but we know he won't fight Thornton.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Come home from school...

-Rangers get shutout. It's the Pens, I expected the loss. If we ever face them in the playoffs (assuming we make them, which I'm really not confident about, realistically) we should just forfeit and spare the fans the misery. It's hard to watch.
It wasn't even really the Pens. The Pens didn't really play very well (though their goals were all skill, gotta give credit where it's due). It was just a really shitty game.

There is NO excuse for the Rangers committing bench minors in almost every game (and more than one tonight). That's on Torts, and it's becoming unacceptable.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You think if the Rangers miss the playoffs that Torts gets canned?

Not really worth speculating about at this point. We're still 3-4 and with a winning record at home, after all, and the start of the season is pretty clearly the hardest part of our schedule, at least on paper. We just went through the Pens twice, the Bruins twice, the Flyers twice, and the Leafs (thank god). While Callahan is out we still have the Lightning twice, the Isles (possibly twice), the Devils, and the Bruins yet again, so this shit ain't getting any easier any time soon.

As long as we can get through that and have Callahan and Kreider back and still be in the general ballpark of .500 or better, I think we can make a real run and start building momentum. At least that's my tempered expectation of how things should play out, barring major unforeseen issues.

Ignoring tonight's game, which was just a mess all around, lots of things have been starting to come together in the last week, so I'm not too worried. Yet.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Anyone know of any good hockey podcasts? I know Jeff Marek has one, but he annoys the fuck out of me.

Bozak + Franson. I'd do that deal.

Ah well, off to teach. PVRing the game tonight, so I'll be KESSSEELLL-ing with Leafs-GAF about an hour behind.

Goddamnit! :(

The guy is cursed. He should have scored two to three times by now! There's no bloody way he's going to score on the Bruins, too.

Nice win though. Can't believe Frattin's got two game winners in a row! No way he keeps his pace, but it's nice to see our third line stepping up while Kessel's having trouble.

Acid08

Banned
I do not understand these handegg references.

I thought Smith was still the 9ers quarterback until a couple days ago.

Also fuck the Barons.

Top Bottom